Tree of Savior Forum

Regular Worldboss Drops

Hi IMC.

I’m here to start a screeching thread about the way you’ve set up the Regular worldbosses to only drop 5 cubes and ONLY for the top 5 dps players.

Over the life of ToS you’ve done this over and over again. You’ve created barriers that disincentivise people from playing with their friends and other people.

This encourages people to play for themselves, and not with their friends. Because anyone with more than 4 friends can’t include them.

This also screws over anyone that isn’t a dps character.

Please change it. The old cube distribution was perfectly fine. Why you thought this needed changing is beyond me. Stop putting things in your game that disincentivise playing with friends. It’s silly stuff.

Praise Aqua

22 Likes

They’re trying to create a competitive environment, but this is a bad change, and severely limits the builds that work. The old distribution system was better, and was improvable with changes like a better ranking for support builds.

5 Likes

Agree agree.

I’ve got no problem with creating a competitive environment.

Just make it between people that want to compete, and not between people that want to work together. If competitive people get to it first, then so be it, they take the boss away from others and other groups have to learn to hurry up to beat those people, making them competitive vs the competitive groups too.

But don’t disincentivise people playing together. This makes people within a guild keep information away from their guildmates. It’s just bad for guilds and groups of friends. I’ve seen the staff asking around about

The old drop rules worked fine. It worked so well that people complained so much that the bosses were too competitive that they added the debuff that completely killed the majority of worldbossing. It didn’t need to be made more competitive given that it was so strong before that complaints were frequent enough to cause a developer reaction. They promoted competitiveness while not harming groups.

EDIT: I should add. The worldboss hunting that we have done so far has been much like the old worldbossing. Fun. Engaging. And always changing. It is some of the best content the game has had in the last 6 months. Worldbossing making a comeback is a very highly positive thing. Just that this change is a stain on an otherwise very good thing. We’ve had the busiest and most active night in months.

3 Likes

I don’t know why everyone there can’t get a cube and the top 5 people can get 2 cubes? That way everyone gets something but the top DPS can get 2.

5 Likes

Also - the way field bosses spawn has always been garbage and now it’s even more garbage because they all spawn in like 1 of 8 different maps.

4 Likes

I understood the feeling of not getting a cube when you spent a lot of time in the bossing.
But progress for gearing also need purpose, either for PvE/PvP Competitive content.

Anyway, I would just suggest they need to give Cube Fragments for any Party/Individual that hit the threshold of some damage.
(Cube Fragments should be able to combine into a cube with 3 fragments)

4 Likes

its pay to win to get cubes :grinning:

1 Like

If supports are not required at all, even guildmates won’t be happy anymore to help/ heal whatever knowing they will NEVER get any sort of reward.
Some worldboss may instant kill so the damage count can be reset too.
5 best parties don’t give anymore 25 cubes then?
Just prepare some swap from kino, random icewall to deny damage, reversi, detonage traps etc… You can help your guildies like this againts competitors.

2 Likes

Progress having a purpose is fine, but it stops having a purpose if everyone ELSE is also progressing AGAINST you and you’re unable to keep up. At that point, we’ve gone from “Progressing should have a purpose” to “Outprogressing others should have a purpose”, and for many people that’s not cool.

3 Likes

It would be good enough if they’d add unreduceable 100k+ hits from the stronger worldbosses (that onehit most damagedealers) that target the top 5 damagedealers.

People that die should have their damage participation counter reset to 0, meaning there’d be a constant shift of the top damage dealers unless they have a balanced build that compromises with both damage and survivability.

The next step would be making non-Clerics unable to benefit from other players Heal/Safety Zone/etc if they’re not in the same party as the Cleric.

And last but not least, there should be recovery rate debuffs similar to Ragnarok Onlines “Critical Wound” debuff(best is screen-wide AoE around the boss) that reduce the effectiveness of recovery skills like Heal and potions if you’re on the same screen as the boss.

Best would be a mechanic that reduces the recovery rate invertively as the bosses HP go down, e.g. at 99% HP the boss reduces 1% recovery rate while at 1% HP it reduces 99% recovery rate (substracted from the total value, e.g. if you have some CON invested you’ll still have a higher recovery rate than a player without CON for potions), but it could also be done in stages of aura strengthening every 10% or 20% HP the boss loses.

1 Like

Did i miss understand how the new system works? i thought it was top 5 parties get cubes and then first hit and last hit get cubes.

I guess it’s now 5 cubes total now? That’s what everyone else here seems to be saying and what the thread’s complaining about.

No more cubes per party, no more cubes for first hit and for last hit. Just five cubes.

That’s like, going down from a potential 27 cubes tops to… well, 5. Have fun being in the top five against everyone else there! Especially if you’re a support character.

Remember, everyone, Tree of Savior is a casual game! Kim said so!

6 Likes

There’s people out there that actually think this is true :joy:

superior field bosses works like you have write, i have killed them and have tested it myself.

the one with 5 cubes seems to be the regular ones and they are the weak ones; where even a solo player with the current 315 set can solo it without too much difficult and time consuming, so while i do agree that “only” 5 cubes for top dps is too bad, if we look at the bosses strength and even more since we do not have global msg about it, i believe is a safe bet as farming purposes to not allow one group of players to be in the map and call it 20-25 guildes for cubes like before forming a entire “farming” guilds monopolizing every boss since they would offer a lot of profit for everyone involved and now not so much, so it should discourage “high end” guilds of doing it and monopolizing the market-boss at least a little, so now i believe they are meant to be for the ones doing quests-dailies or the luck ones 330 without high end gear that really goes after it , since i myself have killed a few ones when doing quest on my QS at the same level range without problems, this seems to support it, at least a little.

Now that i have write of why i believe this new system in at least in the correct path but with a lot of problems, mainly the supp role seems to be penalized heavy with it and while i do agree that should not be like that, maybe this is imc way of telling us or in this case the players who focus on pure supp roles that is past the time of focusing of only con-hp-defense and use any weapon that you have without trans of anything , because if you have a good weapon even as supp you can kill those bosses, without simple shouting and calling for multiple players to “help” ,of course this is if we take in consideration that you are one of the luck ones that found it, well this goes back to the “auto sufficient builds” that seems to have being talked a lot in recent topics, but i won’t go in deep in it, the text is already long enough.
just to keep it clean, i’m not telling that i’m right in my observation nor that i’m favor of auto sufficient builds and pure supp should go extinct and so on, again the supp role in normal field bosses should be addressed in some way to favor them in some form without doubt maybe simple giving fragments of cube to everyone who do damage, like have being said before could be a nice way to solve it since it would still discourage some “high end” players and guilds of going to monopolize it and let everyone have a share but again this would create new problems

tl:dr i believe this new system of regular bosses seems to be to remove or discourage what always have happen before when higher end level guilds monopolize bosses with their mega high enchant trans character,now it since it does not offer “enough” profit to entice the before mentioned "high end guild " player and the high end guild should now focus on the superior field bosses allowing for the less fortunate players/guilds focus on the regular one and obtain a little profit but the problem of supp role should be addressed in some form.

as someone who has done both systems, this change baffles me.

Regular world bosses range from like 800k-5m hp. So even if it was the 5m hp boss you’d only have to do 1m damage before it dies to be GUARANTEED a cube, oftentimes you just have to do little more than hit it a couple of times. 13 different bosses, each spawning every 2 hours. It’s not hard to cube for these bosses simply because there are so many of them so people literally cannot be there for every single spawn. If you’re there when the boss actually spawns, you’re pretty much getting a cube. They’re trash bosses so what do you need to support for? spam c on those icewalls, turn on heal damage, and gain field boss cubes. Easy content. As someone who’s killed at least a dozen of these field bosses, it’s harder to find 5 people in the first place who even want to come for the cube in the first place than it is to actually have competition for top 5 dps.This system works differently than the main demon lords, which all have 400 million hp and share boss rewards with the entire party. Because you actually need support! and there’s actually competition! This change makes sense if you think about it.

The fact is these same world bosses went from 25 max cubes dropped to 5. How is this better or sensible?

well that’s easy, self-explanatory and there are so many reasons. they spawn twice as often so that’s more cubes right there. they also don’t have the stupid bug where they just simply don’t spawn it or need someone to anchor the channel to keep it constant. also spawns on different maps and has a notification if you’re on one of those maps 10 minutes before it spawns, so it prevents people from monopolizing a boss (which by the way if you’re monopolizing it means there’s probably not 25 cubes). the fact is there is no real competition for these bosses. if there is a drop you want from it, you can find it and get it. the high spawn rate (hard to keep timers!) and making it able to spawn on a number of maps (no camping!) makes it hard to even get 25 people at the boss when it dies, another reason why there is not a 25 cube reward. There is also no filler talt as a possible reward from the cube. literally so many reasons. but meh either way you’re not going to get one if you’re not there!

"They spawn twice as often so there’s more cubes"
2 spawns will yield 10 cubes max, whereas 1 spawn use to yield 25 cubes max. Its more cubes for the ppl who can monopolize them like they used before they implemented the debuff, since the debuff is gone now. Still, it’s less cubes dropped overall.

Everything about the new system is better EXCEPT the drops. A guild can even party together to hunt these bosses like they used to, the support would only support the wb builds in getting a cube lol.

Now, only geared and certain builds will get a cube on average. Seems more like an indirect way of IMC wanting ppl to spend money by saying, “oh you don’t have a class that can farm wbs solo? Buy our DLC reset so you change your class and be competitive.” Support and non wb builds have to move towards the superior wbs now.

1 Like

Oh well. You must not have hunted these field bosses yourself. I’ve gotten plenty of cubes from these bosses by just smacking the boss once. As I said, you DON’T need good gear or a dps build to cube. And even if it does, it just rewards people who have invested the silver in their dps (which is overall much cheaper than a support build)? Those lesser field bosses don’t require support to kill them, so why expect to cube while bringing a support (but you can anyways, lol)? Good luck getting your guild to party hunt these bosses, people simply aren’t interested. The drops from the field bosses aren’t dropping windrunners that you could sell for 15m in the past. The drops are good but not crazy valuable. I keep saying that there aren’t ever anywhere near 25 people hunting for one boss. If there were, the mediocre drops from the field bosses wouldn’t even be worth selling and that’s just another way to possibly ruin the market. Anyways, I think I’ve made my point on this subject. Good luck with new boss hunting.