Tree of Savior Forum

Regular Worldboss Drops

You guys need to learn how to read.

Regular field bosses > 5 cubes to top 5 dps player (usually theres never more than five cause field bosses have so little HP pool and last nothing).

Superior field bosses > 5 cubes to the partys of the 5 top dps, plus 1 cube for the one landing the 1st attack, plus 1 cube landing the last hit (27 cubes).

So yeah, its still balanced imo, i have tested this with my guildmates.

Also field bosses spawns very quickly, superior ones have like 15 hours.

Your info on the timers for respawn is incorrect.

Edit: Actually. I changed my mind about providing the respawn system info. Edited out here.

Whether it is “balanced” or not is irrelevant. The fact of the matter is that the old system was perfectly fine and even liked. And it did not actively work AGAINST people playing together, with their guildies, and with their friends.

The system for field bosses deters people from playing together which is obviously and transparently a bad thing for a social game.

Leave it to the guy that has 2 pract equipment and ET equipment that monopolizes the world bosses with his guild to disagree with this post rolls eyes

I dislike that the cubes are limited to top DPS. Superior World Boss hunting is limited to big guilds, and people that probably buy silver, bot, or don’t go to work/school to equip themselves. It’s sad to see people ask “Where is the boss?” and get no response in return. This is hardly a competition, since no solo heroes can run around all 5 maps and find the boss themselves and beat up the boss before these Whale Guilds. Furthermore, as mentioned, other classes will out-DPS other classes by a lot, so even parties will hesitate to recruit a support class in fear of losing their chance at a cube.

I’d feel differently if there was actually strategy in killing the bosses but it is just tank and spank–and with money, you can do that well.

2 Likes

All that matters is that you have one carry dps in your party, and the rest can be support and you will still cube. I dont get why you think that parties would hesitate to bring support, in fact it would be the opposite. They would want 4 support and 1 carry.

@Remiri is definitely right here. On the Demon Lords it’s not optimal at all to have more than 1 dps in a party. The best possible chance of a cube is 1 dps and 4 support.

Although all the glass cannon dps players are suffering pretty hard on these bosses.

Dead dps is no dps. Won’t take long for them to start transing their armor to make up for it though.

This is war. The strongest takes it all. Want ranks on WB - be stronger, be smarter. Can’t? Cry and whine.

But misinformation this topic is swelled with shows that ToS community don’t even know and can’t figure out the mechanics of new WB, though it’s almost live for two weeks now.

This is already in play but not targeted directly on the top 5 Dps. When the WB hits a certain threshold HP it would unleash a devasting move or you can call it an ultimate. With decent gear you might see yourself getting cleaved of 30K Hp by one hit.

There is currently no restrictions in using other party’s heal tiles, which is good enough.

Side Note:

I think the boss should receive a +100 Dmg / 1M HP recovery boost per ice wall tile casted since it taxes the game engine. (Lvl15 ice wall = +1500 dmg to boss’ current attack , instant 15M HP recovery )
Not that icewall matters a lot to most users , but it is unfair for those with potato PC. One can call it strategy play
though by blocking melee DPS while your party rain missiles down on the boss.

I know what matters for the party, but that doesn’t mean that’s how players in game behave. Due to the distribution of cubes, the description that I provided is how a lot of people currently behave for Superior World Bosses.

30k is not enough, though. We still have to see the update that increases defence on equipment. If you get 30k dmg now, you’ll only recieve 20k or 15k after the update hits us. That’s not nearly enough to kill a player.

World bosses should be able to kill players, even if they are geared (hence the suggestion of defence disregarding attacks; RO already has these skills on MVPs) so that they lose their DPS participation if they build a pure DPS character that solely relies on STR/DEX without investing in CON/HP. That way, hybrid builds and survival-focused builds actually have a chance to get some of the spoils.

Another positive point of this system is that Ressurection/Revive, damage mitigation skills and other support skills finally serve a purpose.

That’s a pretty bad system. Since Heal is one of the strongest skills, it’s nice to use it offensively against Bosses.
However, their covered Area is too small for your Heal, which results in left-over tiles.

Since the A.I. of all monsters in TOS is pretty bad, the world boss doesn’t move unless it follows someone with aggro, so the chance is slim that the boss actually walks over these.
Other players, on the other hand, can scavenge your Heal to fill their HP even if they are not in your party, directly benefitting from your attempt to get cubes. Now if you’re unlucky, the guys who steal your Heals also “steal” the cubes in front of your eyes because they survived thanks to your Heals.

That’s pretty unfair, there should be fair competition where nobody benefits from others skills.

Safety Zone is even worse, because others can griefplay you by trespassing into your SZ while having the aggro, nuking your whole zone by quickly deminishing its hitcount & leaving you unprotected.

It’s pretty antisocial to have such a system enabled in content that’s meant for competition, as people could just go and grief you&destroy your attempts all day long.

It’s like saying:" thank you for trying hard, here have a kick and now scram".

In the end it’s all about damage again and no need for the more balanced Classes as they have no chance to get something. Such a faulty design is pretty bad where one side is allowed to sabotage as much as they want while the others can’t do anything about it(on top of sabotaging, the saboteurs also recieve help for their own cause).

30k is just a figure , but you will notice the boss using some hard hitting skill that can floor peeps in 1 hit. DPS reset is mitigated with the use of soul crystal or your priest is not lagging/quick enough to revive you before the DPS counter
resets.

I believe you are suggesting a skill by the boss that wipes players regardless of gearing/whaled. Wouldn’t that encourage
people to be vultures, waiting at the sidelines for spoils while other slog hard for the WB?

Honestly, the new WB drop nothing special, the new accessories are only bait to keep peoples login and spend silvers.

Recipe might worth but as time.goes on every 2 practo recipe price drop like crazy, if you are smart go farm those mats as they are in huge demand now. It easier to farm now by using certain class.

I believe in 2-4h you already can farm enough to buy recipe or mats.

2 Likes

Does that work?
I thought you just reset all damage on death
Being able to soul crystal and not lose participation would be great

Actually no, because people who have invested in survivability/have a balanced paty will survive and thus be able to outdamage any vultures on the sidelines.

What I want to prevent is that glass cannon builds can stand their ground just because of whaled equipment, which will be the case after the armor update and even more at Rank 9 when everyone has a lot of extra HP through the level-ups.

People should have a reason to balance survival (CON) with attack (STR/DEX) outside of PVP-content, but currently that’s not the case.
In PVE, you can just whale your way through the content, especially against field bosses or inside ET, the only two “hard” parts.

Strategy?Tactics? Actual build advantage if you’ve got top equipment?

Who needs that if you can just have 6-8k defence to do the same job for you and just brainlessly spam skill buttons on the boss to see you as the top damagedealer?

just fix the fps lol

2 Likes

Man its a MMO game, you need to invest time to stay competitive in high contents…

1 Like

We are rather waiting imc to invest money so the fps stop dropping near 0-10.

1 Like

There are many ways to do this without directly buffing WBs’ damage. Simply giving the boss an AoE wipe is anti-fun. Dragon Nest’s boss mechanics come to mind.

Yeah, I played DN for like 2 years on the sidelines, so I know that wipe attacks are horrible as mechanics to make you fail. But, at the current setting, it’s pretty much stupid in PVE to get any CON at all, because armor can substitute so well after the armor&card update.

That’s why there should be at least a certain threshold of HP you need to survive.
After all, you can get HP with cards (up to 1800 per 10* card, up to 3), Red gems in armor (1800 per 8* gem, up to 4) or enchant on head accessory (up to ~2k per enchanted gear if I rember correctly, for a total number of 3) and by simply stacking equipment-CON (e.g. the new unique accessory sets, Vienti Krisius Plate set, armor enchant if you’re a SPR build, Lionhead shield/Emengard Shield).

On top, there are skills like Ein Sof to increase your maximum HP, and Kabbilist C3 will most likely provide it for the whole party, so there will be enough possible options to survive. However, I believe that way would make the game more balanced as pure damagesettings will become rarer and CON becoming useful in PVE aside from improving the HP potion recovery rate.

After all, gear shouldn’t be the only key to survival, but tactics and active battlefield control,too.

1 Like

I don’t get why glass cannon builds shouldn’t be allowed to exist, WB and ET mobs can already kill those builds without proper support. It seems like your point is the very old “stats are almost worthless and gears do too much”, which is valid and IMC did adress it with the revamp, but it wasn’t enough and stats are still disappointing.

WBs doing “too litle damage” isn’t the root of your complaint.

Fought many world bosses since the update.
I’ve to say it quite fun and engaging. It is quite proper and doable, but since the recipe price dropped and the new accessories are not very motivating because of great grind wall, the population who hunt for world bosses are dropping as well, as chain-effect it getting difficult to hunt them in fewer teams or too time consume.

It is a bench-marking to what you have developed your character so far, sometime we ever win Rank1 over team who have +21 Orange T10 Weapon with improper team, with our team mostly are +11 Purple T5-6 we can beat them sometime,
so time advance, build and team quality are still the main factor here. It is not whale-dominant content, a good player who spam every bit of all skills and spam blue pots will win a whale who lazy and only spam few major skills.

The worst thing overall is Rexipher’s reflection, it is a guarantee kill for a wizard like me. Glass Cannons still do its job well as long as not melee(dopple), you need a good positioning to avoid damage, some HP Pots supply and some max HP in headgear and armors.

As further enhancement, I hope Orange craft-able armor should be included in world boss rewards, but the number of materials requirement need to lowered down to encourage more participate.