Tree of Savior Forum

Regarding Token acquisition via illegal DLC purchase

https://cdn.meme.am/instances/65489573.jpg

14 Likes

I CANā€™T believe, " we do not consider this to be a major concern as of yet" MORE THAN 500k of dlc has been puchased of steam and only 15k of people has been playing, what the f itā€™s wrong with u guys, canā€™t see the damage here?

seriously, i canā€™t believe that.

iā€™m done.

11 Likes

Iā€™m brazilian and iā€™m ashamed of the people that did that, that people do not represent fair brazilians around the world, they should get the punishment that they deserve, even bigger sanctions, after all fraud is fraud, and this is related to real money.

About the economy, you guys should calm down and learn what coeteris paribus means.

i wont be mean, i will explain, it means the the market adjusts itself. For example the great depression of the united states in 1929. The economy fixed itself after that.

And IMC have way more tools to fix the economy than you guys can imagine, they can just datamine and go after every and each item that was not supposed to be there.

Kind Regards,

Qflex

Leader of CasualHC

20 Likes

Despite what the crying people are saying, a wipe or new server is in no way necessary. This exploit did not CREATE silver or any items, it simply allowed users to buy more tokens to sell on the market. The effects on the economy will be minimal if there are any at all, especially after the people who used the exploit are banned along with their silver and any other ill-gotten gains. The only ones who were hurt by the exploit were IMC, because there are now some tokens floating around on the market that werenā€™t paid for.

15 Likes

Hi, you seem to have some issues with the English language, let me help you with that.

The number you are quoting ā€œMORE THAN 500kā€ is the number of people who own the game, not the DLC. And I will at this time remind you that the game is free, anyone can download it without buying the DLC, they just canā€™t play it. Furthermore, it says that there are 15,000 people on RIGHT NOW, not that only 15,000 people have ever played it. In reality, 382,981 Ā± 14,569 (75.27%) people have played it, the remaining 24.73% are probably people who downloaded it and are waiting til it goes F2P to play it. They wouldnā€™t be bots/scammers because you have to log in to claim the founder rewards and as soon as they did that they would be moved to the ā€˜people who have played itā€™ category.

10 Likes

A solution should be fair for everyone.

A wipe is unfair to the thousands of players who have invested countless hours into their characters.

Do a wipe now and majority of players above level 175 will quit for good.

14 Likes

everyone just see it

external url for pic

5 Likes

donā€™t talk about something you have no idea about fool.

5 Likes

lmao stfu. just because some tiny portion of brazilians used exploit (probably only Orsha is affected and still not that much) you want to wipe all 4 servers after people grinded for 2 weeks nonstop? thatā€™s what will kill game, not some minor economy damage.

5 Likes

What? The 300k players donā€™t have to be online at the same time.

6 Likes

its a free game , if you add it to library, yes it is counted as buying account (in system-wise they are buying , but its free)

Relevant from a different and much earlier thread I posted in.

Itā€™s also interesting, though, that the issue is not likely isolated to Tokens alone. Sure, you can sell those and get a ton of silver, but someone else may try to be low-key and spend that free TP on countless enchant scrolls. Make a godly hat, trade hat to main via dual-booting, and nobody would be much the wiser because no Tokens would have been processed, nor would the market have been used.

Except when Valve releases the info to IMC about who used that payment method and when they did (as well as total account age etc etc)ā€¦ then IMC may have more to work with.

7 Likes

That graph says that the most players online AT THE SAME TIME was 34,640. NOT that only 34,640 people play the game. As for the other numbers, like I already said. The game is free. ANYONE can download it. That doesnā€™t mean they bought a founderā€™s pack. All those numbers mean is that 500,000 people have downloaded the game but only 320,000 have played it in the last 2 weeks.

4 Likes

or just sell it by Marketā€¦ if a innocent player buy it will get ban too hahaha same with the tokens? thatā€™s the problem here.

1 Like

I believe those bought the token is buying wit legit silver, thus no way u punish those buyer. Those exploit accounts should be banned instead.

thatā€™s true, 11~12% of 320k play at the same time, but a feel just log for some minutes to make the silver ant get out or even less log in, just create the account, make sure that get the 3 pack and get logoutā€¦

Imo a server wipe is mandatory, otherwise, Iā€™m pretty sure weā€™re going to loose a lot of players due to the fact that no one is going to keep yourself motivated to slowly farm stuff, knowing that some, just did this ā– ā– ā– ā– /lvlā€™d with infinite attributes/etc.

2 Likes

This person summarized what will happen if thereā€™s a wipe.

2 Likes

Everyone claiming wipes are seriously way too ignorant, no Silver was produced outside of the one the players themselves got via farming or selling items to the NPC, aka the intended methods.

Considering the exploiterā€™s accounts should be getting banned (this would require direct help from Steam for effectiveness Iā€™d assume) resulting in that all the Silver obtained from the Market with them would in fact be lost, but the economy didnā€™t actually get hit as no money was actually injected into it as the money was obtained by the inteded methods.
In short, yes Silver was lost in overall, but think of it as if you spent it in one of the mutiple Silver-Sinks the game provides, you know, atributes, rental costumes, etc etc.
Things in which a regular player making lots of money in the Market could potentially use their Silver in, thus having the same effect as the exploiter accounts getting banned as Silver is being taken out of the economy.

7 Likes

they made the wrong class and want to reroll =P

5 Likes