Tree of Savior Forum

Regarding the Repeatable Quest Exploit (Fixed)

I hope that people who blatantly violate Terms of Service are banned, even if it’s just an annoyance to them. Testing an exploit yourself a few times is probably okay, since this is a test after all. You might even discover new exploits that should be reported in doing that.

However, using it dozens or even hundreds of times is an abuse and that’s against their Terms of Service. I don’t think the vast majority of people who do that would really be deterred from doing the same if this were to have been discovered after release. Terms are terms. Read them and follow, or be prepared to potentially face consequences.

2 Likes

1 Like

If what one of the previous posters said is true (about the bug being reported about a month ago), then what we all witnessed here is more or less what you see in the software/hardware world. Most of the time, when people find such bugs/exploits, they generally will report it in private first, in hopes that it will be addressed. If enough time passes without any sort of indication that it’s being worked on or fixed, then they will usually bring it out to public to force them to make it top priority.

Sometimes you just have to bring it to public in order for any action to happen (take a look at Black Hat/DEF CON every year).

1 Like

Better for it to get exploited and fixed in the CBT.

It was the older version of this exploit that was reported a few times privately (not that this one wasn’t reported too)

And just for your info guys, the older one wasn’t fixed. Look at the older (Dmn’s) thread if you are curious.

1 Like

The game lost most of its population atm anyway. At any rate see you guys iOBT and hopefully most of the core issue is fixed.

Yesterday was fun :smiley:

I think the quest exploit is the least of your worries:

I will find you and I will ban you.

14 Likes

Oh my god.This was perfect.Thank you John.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Thank you all.

3 Likes

“Bad news, the exploit evolved.”

We will kill it with fire.
If that doesn’t work.
Will do a “Serious Punch”.

6 Likes

@STAFF_John

There is a better solution:

2 Likes

Although it’s not ideal, something simple like detecting and blocking all accounts with impossible job combinations or excessively high stats could work against major abusers

This is the funniest part about all the bullies wanting mass bans. The only thing bans can do is stop somebody from crashing channels for two days, which is probably the reason imc is bringing it up. It’s pretty reasonable to get rid of a character that crashes everyone whenever it tries to log in.

You sure can and will argue with delusions, at least when with means using. If telling tons of people they deserve to be banned and they’re selfish, etc., doesn’t count as personal attacks, then you’ll be happy to know you’re very selfish and you deserve to be banned.

2 Likes

Then they would act more subtly next time and abuse as severe but less obvious … thingys.

Well, first of all, both the starting areas and low-level skills have seen drastic changes in kOBT, so there’s really a ton of reasons for everyone to start over (which is great news as far as I’m concerned).

Second, there’s a few solutions other than wipe if they do feel inclined to keep our characters. A rollback or removing/banning every character that has an improper class combination come to mind.
Admittedly, both require more work than a wipe, unless the systems for that kind of thing are already in place.

Third, let’s face it. They were going to wipe it anyway.
Everyone wipes their closed beta servers, they are doing a wipe for kOBT, there was really no way in hell they were going to make an exception for iCBT2, especially not with the amount of game-breaking bugs that surfaced from time to time.

Finally, I understand that a wipe is not the most pleasant thing ever (I also wanted to keep my characters), but come on now, no reason to blame it on other players. While using such exploits is arguably a violation of the terms of service and could warrant bans if the developers feel like it, I don’t think you should be holding those people accountable for the wipe.

I mean, imagine if this exploit was reported “properly”, through non-public channels. They could fix the vulnerability, sure (or maybe not, the “fixes” so far look like quick and dirty temporary patches rather than long-term solutions), but we’d still have tons of broken characters left, people were doing this kind of thing for weeks before it became public knowledge.
Do you think it would be fine to bring those into the next beta? How many circle 20 Wizard-Swordsman-Cleric-Archers would you say is too many?

There is most certainly a dozen other exploits we don’t know of, a lot of which can be fixed if IMC takes a second look at the way the game’s interface works, and I sincerely hope they will use this opportunity to do just that, but before the game is patched, I don’t think it’s a good idea to retain characters.

Accept the wipe. Embrace the wipe. Become one with the wipe.

4 Likes