Tree of Savior Forum

Regarding bots in this game

So far as everyone here know, THERE ARE BOTS EVERYWHERE!!, so instead of reporting them, one by one, maybe we could suggest idea that would prevent these bots entirely?
Currently it very annoying to see these bots roaming everywhere as the game just launch. This has been the worst launch for an mmorpg, but I won’t give up on this game!!! I think that we (the player) should show support to the dev so that they can fix this issue for us to have a wonderful time enjoying this game.

Bot detail (assuming that I’m correct)
2 types of bots
First type: Hacker (ranged swordman) - probably going to be use as a website spammer so they need to level fast.
Second type: the roaming bot, probably going to be sold to player who buy account. Why else would they role cleric or swordman class 1 at lvl 28.

1 Like

Maybe I’ll explain how it works:
The game appears,
hackers looks for a hole in a game to make a bot, that bots are used for gold selling,
then devs finds the hole and fixe it, everybody gets their bans.
but hackers looks for another hole…
etc

So it’s pretty difficult and most common question for free2play- cheaters and gold sellers, which are connected.

there actually can some sort of a system that allows players to report in-game, since lots of ppl are reporting on forums and support.

Reporting 1 by 1 isn’t going to cut it, as the game is f2p, things like these are going to occur. Comparing to WoW, it a p2p game and there are many gold seller and bots. Since it a f2p, they will just create up a new account to do the same. Player would feel burden by the fact that they report many bots and there are just as many left or probably increase in number.
The first step they can stop this is to look at char family name, if it like a bunch of lkasdj23klj then surely they can just ban right away without waiting for report.

There are several typical methods to fight this:

1. Report bots, spammers and sellers, which doesnt fixe the problem but lowers its threat level.
  2. Official gold selling, some sort of Guild Wars system, where u can change tp to silver, depending on a course.
  3. Officially announced - any connectivity with gold sellers is leading to ban, so that people wont buy from them. However it will lead to increasing amount of bans of normal people and anger, but … they bought from gold seller, what else they expected.

3 is abit rough, 1 is best right now, 2 is hard and not that good.

Or put a goddam capcha verification like some other games!

I replayed some old MMO few months back and there’s a capcha and whole other security stuff going on.

Putting a report function is useless as hell!
People can accidently/intentionally report players as bot and the GM will be the one having a hard time.

This game is already corrupted from the start.

Can the gold BUYER be traced?

well…I’m pretty sure IMC have access to their player team name and char name… and as I mention above, they can get rid of so many account by checking that list with name like lkasdj23klj

Bait topic.
DO NOT REPLY.
OP should learn more
about botting.

I know how IMC can eliminate bots in this period of time, they need to work with steam for a VAC Ban, and they account can´t be play tos anymore. When the game became in a f2p, gg :C

Vac doesnt stop cheaters in CS Go and it wont stop new cheaters.
Thats how it always happens:

some1 found a hole in a defense system and uses it,
then appear the fix for that (unknown time)
but it will still lead to some leaks and bots appearing, gold sellers and cheat sellers. same system goes for VAC.

Same thing happened with trade restrictions - they just sold silver with auction.

I still they should remove trade restrictions since they are not working or imrpove it, so that it wont have that many minuses.

NO! JUST NO!

Really dude, this one cannot happen. it will just make the game p2w lol.

As i said
“2 is hard and not that good”
so pointless as anti-goldsellers idea.
still thin kthat the first one is required, at least it will make it easier for players to report people

Game is already considered pay2win, that’s why there are gold sellers.

Bot plague will end soon, i will be releasing today a video explaning the solution to the trade system and then will contact IMC to tackle on bot problem, its fairly easy.

This implies IMC will actually listen to you.

With enough support from the community, yes they most likely will.

I wish this would just end lol, I mean hell it very hard to level and with this huge amount of bot that use hack… it extremely absurd lol

Here you go the solution to the trade system.