Tree of Savior Forum

Reflect Shield nerf, and why I don't invest in it. (link inside)

I personally don’t like how Earthquake breaks a Linker’s Joint Penalty skill.

Pretty much all of Wizard C1’s skills suck now.

Pretty sure reflect shield is affected by magic/physical defense now. The damage reduction is still the same, but the damage reflected is extremely low due to it being affected by defenses.

I don’t think reflect shield is useless, I have it in my elementalist build at lvl 10, and the dmg reduced is very helpfull…

Not surprised if it’s a bug that it does no damage.
@LadyFullbuster Lol he meant it’s not reflecting the proper damage, not that it’s useless.

@jonathan_yulu Any proof? I doubt it, I have really high physical and magical defense and I reflect 7 damage.

I didn’t say that because of this topic, I’ve saw many builds and most don’t want to use this skill with the same answer, got it?

Got it LadySalty. Hahaha so angry.

and u’re not even a bit clever :hushed:

Dunno why you’re upset at all, you came in here saying something completely irrelevant, I call you out and you’re offended. Lmao, probably not even a real life girl. Gross.

The magic/physical defense of the person you reflect onto. Not your’s. So for example, the person you’re reflecting the damage to has 90 mdef and you have 95 damage on reflect shield, it would do 5 damage.

EDIT: I’m not 100% sure, but it would be logical.

i believe it is bugged and their intentions for reflect shield are to have it not calculate def just like the icb2.

I disagree, still using Reflect shield at 210+, still avoiding some knocbacks, not 100% of course, but really helpfull in many cases.

Didn’t they fix that ? Thought i read about this a few time ago :octopus:

Mostly placebo effect.

I don’t think that you have all the elements and the complete formula in order to state a fact on this skill mechanic/effect.

In fact, i’d like you to give us the source of your information, i had a look at those patch : http://pastebin.com/u/sunhwapark and didn’t see any relevant information about it.

By my experience, as a Kino player, i can say that i avoid way more knockbacks on boss fights with reflect shield (lvl7 atm). I am level 209 and i play solo. And that isn’t a placebo effect to me :slight_smile:

PS: Kino player, i hate knockbacks :smiley:

I’m lvl 168 now and usually Reflect Shield feels useless, I removed it from the panel of my main spells, as it doesn’t reflect any viable damage to monsters (last time I checked, spell lvl 10 was around 23 dmg with 17 points invested into attributes).

However, while fighting a demon boss in Demon Prison 5 today, I noticed that his green ring AoE hit me for about 1100-1200 hp without the shield and for 330-360 hp only with the shield on. So I guess it’s still usable sometimes. Too bad it wears off so soon.

does this skill require a real shield equipped?

Or only when getting the attribute does it require a shield?

OR skill is still usable without a shield but damage reduction attribute works only with a shield?

Thanks a lot in advance! :slight_smile:

It doesn’t require a shield, I’m at level 175 and still have noticeable damage difference, it might fall off at 200+ where monsters do a lot more damage but not useless right now.

1 Like

can i ask what level is your reflect shield?

I was planning on leaving mine to level 7 or 9

11 for 7 hits. EBolt 0.

If it feels useless I’ll go RS 0 EBolt 11.

Also att at 15, trying to go deeper into it but have so much to invest before it, max 50 is pretty cheap for this and you get more than half an arde dagger in reductions flat.

with those skill point distribution… do you have sleep >lvl10 ?
sorry for OT. was planning to leave RS to lvl 9 and dump excess points to my sleep skill. currently at lvl10 only

any merit for having sleep skill > lvl 10?