Tree of Savior Forum

Rebuild Feedback Compilation

and goon also nerfed a lot, use helm, not even a minute SP is all gone, sip a potion gone again

Again, I just dont see the difference honestly.

I do like that normal players can actually participate in superior demon lords now, that you no longer need 2-3 hours to kill one, outside of that though, whats better?

Im asking honestly, gem feud is a VGA, power point slide show mess. Most content now is overtuned and forces party play on 1 of the smallest player bases in any current MMO, Earth Towers overtuned, you have to group for Saalus now which is really aggrivating when you are busy in rl and dont have time to catch others going.

Class wise yes, we got some buffs, but for every buff there was atleast 1 if not 3 nerfs. I main ranger/falcon/mergen, they took 1 of our strongest, most versatile abilities pre-emptive strike and literally made it obselete, no-one even uses it now outside of 1 point for a niche blinding skill. Then they took our most important ability aiming and gave it 15 seconds of downtime, what did we get? A mediocre small range aoe Zenith and they made spread shot actually hit something now after leaving it broken for 2 years.

The games still an unstable mess, constant lag, crashing, more and more players are reporting that the bots are coming back in waves. How long until there are 5 sorc/necro bots in every channel again like before? IMC never developed sophisticated anti-botting software, the RMT companies just stopped selling currency for the game b/c it was down to like 1k average players.

Idk, I came back 6 weeks ago for re: build and was excited for changes, now though, it feels like we are back on the fast track to 2017, which is not a good place.

2 Likes

Iā€™m here to ask the important questions because, quite frankly, I think enough people have pointed out the numerous flaws in the current combat/class system, and also I donā€™t care what they do with it anymore because Iā€™m already sick of remaking all my builds every six months.

1. Are there any plans to update/re-implement features such as treasure chests, hidden detector/Search spots, Alchemistā€™s Dig, and other exploration-focused features that have gone completely untouched since the initial launch of the game?
  2. Monster cards have been improved and revamped to be much more universally useful in the game, but the monster card battle minigame has been left untouched. Are there any plans to revisit this feature and make it into something more fun/rewarding?
  3. Early maps feature interesting puzzles and gimmicks with fun rewards ranging from cosmetics to equipment with unique effects. Newer maps in the game feature much less rewarding puzzles that give rewards like regular material drops, buffs that only work on the map they appear on, and potions. Are there any plans to revisit and improve these rewards?

Iā€™m gonna be honest, at this point I feel the game is a lost cause. Itā€™s systematically removed every part of itself that made it stand out as a game in an attempt to become more ā€œmainstreamā€ and attract new players. The end result is a game that fails in every aspect, unable to satisfy the original playerbase looking for a nostalgic Ragnarok-esque feel nor the players looking for a more simple and modern feel. Itā€™s an unfocused mess and the RNG on RNG on RNG doesnā€™t help.

Iā€™d like to see IMC stop revamping the combat system over and over again and instead take the advice posted here to heart, correct as many issues as they can (without falling back into the trap of scrapping and redoing every class for the 20th time), and instead focus on what makes Tree of Savior Tree of Savior. What makes this game stand out against the competition? Why should someone play this game instead of one of the many other MMOs out there? What is it that Tree of Savior can do that no other game can?

My thoughts on the cleric tree

Cleric is my specialty and I do not understand much of the other trees, so Iā€™ll just talk about it.

Priest 10/10
He looked great and plays very well his role of Healer / Buff

Krivis 3/10
If the intention is to balance then they missed a lot. If compare with Exorcist he is much weaker. ā€œDivine Stigmaā€ is very strong, maybe even Over Power, but if someone chooses this class it will only be by Stigma + Meltis. I think they should reformulate everything, create one more damage skill, improve Zaibas and Aukuras and change until they have DPS next to the Exorcist.
(Zaibas = 3192% cd = 20s X Rubric = 6480% cd = 15s (large area))

Druid 8/10
It is very good for the function you propose.
I just did not understand why they took away the attributes of ā€œTransformā€.

Sadhu 5/10
If similar to Krivis, class DPS but the damage is less than the Exorcist. Anyone pushes you back into the body.
What is the point of Sadhu being able to leave the body? Of course they would say that it is to attack from a distance in safety, for this reason the class is all wrong, the best skills have to be used closely.
In my opinion this class should be able to use ALL skills through the astral body, and to balance the astral body would also receive damage. The agro of the monsters should go to the astral body as well.

Diev did not test, sorry

Oracle 10/10
Combines very well with Priest, Debuffs / Protections

Monk 5/10
Double Punch was good, but weak even with Chaplain. A dependency of Chaplain was created, which for me is bad.
Energy Blast is strong, but takes too long to load and has no attribute to avoid Knock Back.
Golden Bell Shield, I preferred 1000x the old one, a 5s protection for yourself. Missed a survival skill, the Exorcist has Engkrateia, Assassin has immunity while attacking ā€¦
The other skills got 4 loads, an exaggeration, it would be better 1 charge with high damage and debuffs as it was before.

Pardoner 9/10
Spell Shop buffs are far too weak but this has valued Priest buffs.
Maybe they should have changed the indulgence skill to heal better.

Paladin 10/10
A good DPS / Healer / Tanker

Chaplain
Class without identity. Class confused. It should be reformulated to match classes other than Monk / Exo / Inq. Some Buffs should go to Party, so it would make more sense as a class of attack Buffs.

Plague Doctor 10/10
It looks great, matches up with DPS and Support builds.

Kabbalist 6/10
Ein Soft is still reasonable, although it is only for 1 person.
Sepiroth is good cure, but very high CD
What is lacking in my opinion is to improve Gevura, he is very weak because in practice the hits with 200% are usually of multi hit skills with low damage and end in the blink of an eye. It should give a Debuff based on the calculated number that instead of ā€œhitsā€ gives an increased damage by ā€œtimeā€ a few seconds, something like Death Sentence.

Inquisitor 10/10
No comment needed

Exorcist 10/10
No comment needed

Zealot 7/10
This was my main class before, I ended up leaving.
Has Very Strong Buffs: Fanaticism
Very strong debuff: Immolation: Melt Armor
Good damage skills
But:
No survival options
To summarize: Very high damage and very low survival. I suggest lowering the power of Fanaticism and Melt Armor and increasing survival. Fanaticism does not need to void 100% of the cure and immolation does not need to consume too much HP

Miko 6/10
Same problem is ALWAYS. Kagura needs to hold the button and keep animation, which makes it impossible to do other things.

General considerations

In support builds we have quite a few good options
In DPS builds too much is unbalanced, the proof is that a lot of people are choosing Exo-Inq-Zealot (the 3 classes that were of Rank 8 antigament) and despising the classes that were of low rank formerly (Sadhu, Monk, Krivis) .

I hope there are many changes still to balance the game, thanks to who has read everything here.

I wish Oracle wasnā€™t extremely strong. I feel forced into taking it.

1 Like

Regarding the sprint for archer, one possibility would be to allow them to sprint in combat, but requiring a small acceleration (the sprint starts at a normal speed which gradually increases to its maximum). So they could run away, but they would need to anticipate it. In my opinion, it corresponds quite well to a profile of character supposed to observe the fight from afar and adapt to what is happening on the battlefield (However, i donā€™t do PVP, so I can miss something).

Otherwise, I kept my Archer / Wugushi / Falconer / Mergen build from before, and it still amuses me as much now.

Itā€™s nice to be able to use the skills of Wugu C3 (I had only Wugu C2 before to fit Archer C3 and Falco C3). Unfortunately, I am disappointed with the nerf the Falconer suffers, I will almost feel like going back to the days when Falconer C3 did not exist yet :scream:

Another thing that makes me sad is the disappearance of Full Draw. I know it was a niche skill, but I used it very often to block 1 or 2 enemies. 2 blocked and linked monsters with Full Draw die super fast thanks to Oblique Shot, Twin Arrow, and even faster with Down Fall (and with its Broaden attribute, i imagined i could use a big mob as a static AOE. Unfortunately, this is not possible anymore).

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.