Tree of Savior Forum

Rebuild Feedback Compilation

Enchant magic is literally the magic of people who cant innately use magic, makes perfect sense in my mind

I agree on the rest though, and enchanters costume could be made more appropriate for scout tree

11 Likes

No, but the defense on shields was buffed by a very large amount, just like damage on weapons were buffed. A few videos we’ve seen of people on ktos just are running around with shields equipped. No fun. :stuck_out_tongue:

I totally forgot about Krivis but meant to include it! Kriv is suffering hugely right now because melstis appears to have such a big skill:value ratio/budget. Dunno how else to explain it, but the class right now is really suffering from a lack of identity. One possible idea would be to expand more upon the resistances, or perhaps offer more/better group buffs for elemental damage/defenses.

Hey guys,

Thank you guys for creating this thread and also thank you for your valuable input on the game!
But I just wanted to make a couple of things clear before things get out of hand :astonished:

If your feedback is too lengthy it’s very difficult for us to collect them and even more difficult for the devs to comment on. The ideal format would be(just summarizing some of the points that Csisko brought up as an example):

e.g. What will happen to the difficulty adjustment in Re:Build? Many of us have noticed that kTEST’s difficulty was substantially lowered over time.

e.g.2. There are apparent limits to build combinations. Some classes have better synergy than others and the problem of ‘meta builds’ may still persist. Is anything being done to fix this?

and if you want to give greater details or comment on questions raised or just start an open discussion with other players you can add more text below the central question.

Also, a new FAQ is on its way and it will address some questions raised by iTOS players on the forums!

9 Likes

Great, so it seems we aren’t allowed to articulate our feedback if we want them read by the people we need them read by.

Yup… Great… Yup…

4 Likes

Just quoting from kTest so it can be found easier (and adding a 4th question).

4- How likely would it be to have classes some switched in the future? I know this wouldn’t be a likely thing to happen but are devs willing to reallocate a class if it doesn’t fit in as they expected.

This is really a 1st for me regarding analytical, objective, “proper” feedback. Any time you articulate “skill x sux, change it because it sux” it’s going to get long.

Hopefull this is going to answer questions that are actually related to gameplay and performance. The last Q&A really had us scratching our heads here in itos. I remember a reaction where someone posted “this is what the korean testers are concerned about?”.

For Monk, buffs needed would probably be:

One-Inch Punch: Increase its damage factor and aoe attack please, its too weak to even bother adding more than 1 point unless PvP. Also, please let the SP and HP drain from the skill stack so the drain increases, the drain damage is too negligible to count as proper damage.

Energy Blast: Increase its damage factor. The skill isn’t really worth using beyond CC unless Capella or Divine Stigma is used to make it decent (Capella is annoying to set up, Divine Stigma only hits 5 monsters). Also please give us Knockback remove attribute back. Please reduce its charge time too, give Monks their 2.5s charge instead of the 5s charge time it has now.

Golden Bell Shield: Increase its duration to 15 seconds at least, Monk is not bursty enough to fit much in that 10s time frame (Heck, charging and firing Energy Blast, not counting time taken to reposition, takes 11 seconds minimum). 60s cool down may also be too much, might want to reduce the cooldown. Please give its pain barrier attribute back too, or some sort of pain barrier or protection effect while under the skill. The skill is called a shield for a reason.

Iron Skin: Too lackluster to be even with taking unless taking Monk for an auto attack build. Please increase the numbers and give it enhance attribute or make it a 1 point skill, its quite weird how Iron Skin is worse than Stone Skin in every way (Iron Skin is a self-buff that only works on physical damage with 7.5% reduction, Stone Skin works on both magic and physical damage with 9.6% reduction with attribute while affecting party members)

Double Punch: Please give its strike debuff effect back. Why remove the debuff?

Palm Strike + Hand Knife: A little damage increase would be appreciated, but the armour ignore is more worth taking about. Why 7.5%? Please increase that armour ignore, 7.5% is too little to even be noticed, even its 30% armour break sounds better in comparison. A suggestion too, please make Hand Knife usable after One-Inch Punch. (please increase its aoe attack too)

I ask for all these damage buffs since as a DPS class, compared to other classes, Monk only has damage skills going for it. With that said, other DPS classes in the cleric tree have better damage skills, and/or have better utility skills like Breaking Wheel to make up for/complement their existing skills. Meanwhile, Monks only have damage skills and their utility skills are lackluster (Iron Skin gives too little at lvl 15, and then Golden Bell Shield, a burst very short duration buff for a constant DPS class and only affects Monk skills). Monks require other classes to be decent while classes like Inquisitor and Exorcist are excellent on their own. Most builds, if not all, are better off taking other classes instead of Monk.

That doesn’t sound like balance, does it? I thought the one of the goals of ReBuild was to make all classes balanced instead of the rank 1 class < rank 10 class dilemma.

(Still posts long discussion anyways :joy:)

I think he just wants things articulated in a more concise/formulaic way to make it easier to read for people who are not native english speakers. I tend to overexplain things, so it makes sense to me.

@STAFF_Bob I’d say that the biggest things for me, in more simplified questions/statements:

1. Some classes still feel a lot more skill heavy than others. Do you plan on adding/removing more skills?
  2. Some classes still feel like they only serve to buff other classes within the tree, and have no unique identity, what might be done to address this?
  3. The seal system feels far too punishing and several people I know who would participate feel as though too few people will do it because it’s another RNG system. Do you think you’ll keep the destruction chance on fails? Will any of the other RNG gearing systems be rebalanced or addressed?
  4. Since every class can equip a shield, are there plans to fix it so that everyone does not just wear one for the defense all the time, and then uses autoswap to do attacks?
  5. Any plans to fix chrono?
  6. Any plans to make wugushi and other physical damage DoTs crit? Magic ones can but wugu ones can’t…
  7. What’s the plan for monk? Chaplain seems to have slipped into its role, and does it better than monk.
  8. Any other information on the new archer class? How will it be balanced without feeling forced for muskets, for example?
3 Likes

I find another thing lacking in monk is flavor. Mind you, I understand that flavor will never really be a priority, but as it stands monk is nothing more than a straight forward damage piano. You push buttons in a specific sequence and damage (less than other options) happens.

Taking from other concepts in other games, monk skills could have WAY more big CD’s that have some additional way to reduce said cd. Take golden bell shield for instance. You could have DP reduce its CD by 1 every DP. This way GBS gains value thru more use and at the same time DP gains value by bringing your other skill CD’s back up via GBS.

These “added effects” need to be included in the monk kit to even remotely justify the poor dps monk has.

Yeah, and then you have Inquisitor with their cooldown reduction attribute per kill.

At least as it stands, Monk right now is just simple damage class that does not do as much damage as other classes that also has better utility skills.

I get that language IS a barrier, but it’s unavoidable in (any) international market.

For example, I will critique portions of your list of sample questions. I will be coming at this as someone who has had to constantly translate a client’s requests to something my team of devs can understand.

Which “some classes”?

• All classes have generally the same number of skills.

What does skill heavy mean?

• The number of skills have already been reduced. Is the current list still too much?

Which skills should be removed/replaced?

• Which skills are under used and why?
  • which skills are always used and why?

What do you mean by “buff other classes”?

• What do you mean by “in the same tree”?

What do you mean by “identity”?

• A monk is someone who uses his fists as weapons. How is that not unique?

These 2 points alone already generate way too many unanswered questions for a communication system that requires a middle man (forums). If this were a direct conversation it would be way different.

Obviously, because you can’t read either.

Not a debate thread. Pick your favorite thread and hash it out there, then post whatever you decide in here.

Bullet Marker is still overloaded with skill post Re:Build, the average is 6 but there are some exceptions on skill point sum.

On theme it is, (mechanical) identity not that much. If you want get deeper check this thread i wrote about the 3 pillars of class design.

That was more devil’s advocate than anything. It was mainly to illustrate that making feedback concise/formulaic, shorter/easier to read (basically dumbed down), raises more questions making it more confusing than clear.

Not all issues are the same. As such not all issues can fit a mold.

I mean, what does that even say about your work (great work IMHO, you know I’m a fan). Would you dumb all those down risking losing a lot of the ideas in your breakdowns? How would you feel knowing your carefully crafted feedback risks not getting read at all because “it is too long?”

I guess OP doesn’t think feedback on how IMC accepts feedback isn’t feedback at all.

1 Like

Just curious though, in the name of balance, is IMC planning to make special costumes for every other classes (Stage 1, 2 and 3 costumes along with TP class costume) like Zealot and Matador for ReBuild (not including base classes)?

I was going to give you a feedback for your feedback on how to accept feedback from players who possibly could have had their feedback ignored but then my head started hurting so I’ve just decided to stop :exploding_head:

4 Likes

That, to tell you the truth, I would not be able to tell you… Not because it’s classified info but because I really don’t know. :stuck_out_tongue: But I guess if it’s going to happen it’s going to happen further down the line because for now stabilizing Re:Build is top priority

4 Likes

Because transcendence will play a bigger part in gear completion and saalus will also slightly become more of a pain to do everyday, there should be an increase in shard drops from everyday things that players do. Here are my suggestions for possible new blessed shard sources:

• Make elite mobs spawn in all challenge stages instead of 6 and 7 only
  • Increase blessed shard drop rate in challenge cubes (but reduce the amount from 5 pcs per drop).
  • Make red monster orbs spawn elite mobs with guaranteed shard drops.
  • Maybe just combine saalus with exp dungeons (like blessed shards for first dungeon run everyday, for up to X alts), since it’s pretty much the same thing with different rewards. Or turn saalus into a weekly already / put shards into uphill and then remove saalus.

Just something to consider, because if you try to count how many blessed shards you actually need to get a weapon to trans 10 and attempt to farm everything by yourself it’s simply too much.

1 Like

bob i will just say this, i don’t know if it will help or not.

i brought 23 of my friends to play this game together at launch.
all of them left because of the overly restricted feeling in game.

such as warehouse restriction
trading restriction
market restriction
so many extreme restriction that it turned them off, one of them even make quite a funny joke that he ain’t going to prison anymore, deliberately trying to say that his time in ToS feels like his time in prison, he did some small mistake, don’t judge too much.

ultimately that is one of the core problem in my opinion, frame issues and stutter issues wasn’t even brought up. but the restrictions was too much for new player to enjoy, it felt so like mobile game.

on a side note, please fix whatever is causing the problem when we are trying to click a boss in a fight, its impossible to click and is very frustrating.

3 Likes