Tree of Savior Forum

Re:Build Guide to All Wizard Classes

I prefer onmy.
How you guys combo skills? (pyro-element-onmy)
Never tried rod + shield.
Its better spamming or its better raw damage?

Fireball + Storm Dust and Flame Ground + Meteor are the stronger combos. The rest of the skills you can use them as you please.

Rod + Shield have more defense that aids in survivability

Rod + shield = 50% casting speed

That’s the only reason why you would want a Rod instead of Staff.

I’d recommend a rod if you are not picking Chrono and have a lot of casting time for your skills (like Onmyou / Elementalist / Rune Caster)

With the latest patch, Warlock’s spirits were buffed. I used the skill reset potion from the NPC to respec my Warlock… but now I find myself with not enough points!

Demon Scratch: 5/5
Pole of Agony: 10/10
Mastema: 10/10
Evil Sacrifice: 1/1

That’s 26/45 points, which means 19 left for three skills that are equally good and can be skilled up to 15: Invocation, Dark Theurge, Ghastly Trail. I wonder if I should focus on one or divide the points equally. For now, I’ve put 5 in Ghastly Trail (+60% damage), 7 in Invocation (10 spirits – 349% per 60s) and 7 in Dark Theurge (5 spirits – 225% per 20s).

alt #1:

• 10 in Ghastly Trail (+80% damage)
  • 4 in Invocation (320%)
  • 5 in Dark Theurge (205%)

alt #2:

• 1 in Ghastly Trail (+44% damage)
  • 15 in Invocation (426%)
  • 3 in Dark Theurge (186%)

alt #3:

• 1 in Ghastly Trail (+44% damage)
  • 3 in Invocation (310%)
  • 15 in Dark Theurge (302%)

IIRC the skill now generates “peaceful” spirits that only do damage when launched with Evil Sacrifice. It’s much better this way, as you don’t waste your spirits on low level mobs when there’s a boss around. I just wish they didn’t target the traps laid by bosses instead of the boss itself… :frowning:

I think that part slipped my mind during that time but I’ve updated it correctly in my new and updated version here

For me, I don’t use Dark Theurge a lot because I have other skills which are stronger so I won’t use it every 20s. It is more of a filler skill to me so I feel that if I were to max it, it would be a waste on me and I would be better off having the passive spirits spawn from Invocation. Regarding Invocation vs Ghastly Trail, I have not really tested it out thoroughly to see which actually provide better results but do let me know which one you actually prefer if you manage to try it.

The best combination will always be:
15 Ghastly Trail (duplicate your damage)
1 Dark Theurge (minor damage per level, but add 10 hits)
All other points in Invocation (the basis of your damage)

I recommend removing points to Demon Scratch (since it is more situaconal) and to pole of agony (it has good damage but in the same time of CD you can use 3 times Ghastly Trail.

My main pj is FF-WL-BOKOR and in CM my rotation is exclusively damballa and Evil Sacrifice.

Max Ghastly is the best only if you always use it in full combo with 10 Invocation spirits and Dark Theurge.

But if you use Only Invo+GT or Invo alone (because Evil Sacrifice has only 1s CD) then the best option is to max Invocation and put the remaining points in GT

Here’s the math :

A full combo is 10 spirits of Invocation (counted as 16 because double spirits have a ~60% chance of appearing) + 5 spirits of Dark Theurge (counted as 10 because of the double hits attribute) + Ghastly Trail

So in short for @draconis :
-Max Invocation
-Put all remaining points in Ghastly Trail
-Put one point in Dark Theurge if you plan on using it, if not leave it at 0

I disagree, the invocation damage increases much more by maximizing Ghastly Trail, than increased invocation.

I’m not saying that you should not put 15 points in Invocation, but if or if it is more profitable in amount of damage Ghastly Trail

Can you show a screen of the damage of Invocation with and without GT ? Because from my testing the damage amp of GT is exactly what it says.

It’s better to have Invocation lvl 15 and GT lvl 3 than the opposite.

1 Like

This is the table I use, remember that Ghastly Trail at level 15 duplicates the damage of Invocation and Dark Theurge (you can try it for yourself if you want)

If you look at the green part of the table it represents where the greatest damage is concentrated vs the red ones where it decreases

PD: I also considered 16 spirits for Invocation and 10 for Dark Theurge

now add 50% to holy, 50% with FF curse, and 100% from E.Essense.

Alright I’ll test this with the next Skill Reset potion. My only concern is Ghastly Trail added damage: I’m not sure if +100% means your damage will be doubled or if it only adds 100% to the SFR (for example: using GT on a 320% Invocation spirit could make it 320*2=640%, or simply 320+100=420%).

I’m also Warlock-Bokor, and I’ve switched 10 points from Hexing to Bwa Kayiman and I can tell you the damage of zombies is incredible if you channel Bwa Kayiman before exploding the zombies with Damballa. I was used to clear solo CM stage 5 in 5 minutes before, now it’s half that time. Warlock-Bokor is really strong now. And having full combo on the Skiaclipse is devastating (15 spirits at 60k+ damage per hit = 1mil damage every time – and that’s with only 12k matk on my casually equipped char).

Warlock-Elementalist-FF seems to be the killer combo for Skiaclipse. The poor sob doesn’t stand a chance, especially if you’re heavily equipped.

I have a sub which is a dark build Warlock - Shadowmancer - Bokor. Just want to clarify some stuff. Doesn’t Bwa Kamiyan only hit enemies once? I have many different build and this build seem to be the slowest for CM5. I did consider putting more into Bwa Kamiyan but I’m not sure how significant the Hexing drop would affect.

For reference, I can clear the mobs portion with 7:40min left on my Pyro-Ele-Tao and 7.25 min on my pure summoner build (Damballa buff helped a lot on this) but I have 7min left (so about half a min slower) on that build I mentioned. I know Shadowmancer isn’t ideal but I do want a build revolving around Shadowmancer. I wondering if I could swap Bokor for something better or maybe I should redistribute my skill points in another way.

Nope, Bwa Kayiman does constant damage (roughly every second) – even if you stay still. My old build had Hexing at 15 and Bwa Kayiman at 1, now it’s Hexing at 5 and Bwa Kayiman at 10 (the extra point went into Zombify). Hexing at 5 only means you lose a bit on the debuff side (-10% mdef instead of -15%), because it sets the duration at 11 seconds which is still higher than the skill’s CD. And Bwa Kayiman disables enemies while it’s channeled, so you spare on hp potions too.

Wait, you say that Bwa Kayiman increases Damballa’s damage, or that both skills make good combo?

If it comes first, it is an impressive discovery.

They just make good combo. Unfortunately Bwa Kayiman doesn’t increase Damballa’s damage :frowning:

It was too wonderful to be true :tired:

Can you tell me what are the pros & cons on Pyro or Cyro on a psycho/Omn build?

For both Pve/PvP the Cyro build is stronger in pvp but is the Pyrobuild better in PvE?

Personally I feel that Pyro + Psycho is simply overshadowed by Pyro + Ele. Psycho + Onmyo make a very nice combo because of the Fire Fox boosted Gravity Pole. I tried both Pyro + Psycho + Onmyo and Cryo + Psycho + Onmyo before and this is what I feel. Psycho + Onmyo has almost enough skills to have a good rotation because Gravity Pole + Yin Yang are both channeling and takes time to use, allowing your other skills to cooldown

Pyro + Psycho although they have good combos, sometimes having too make skills is not as ideal. I didn’t really like the Fireball + Psychic Pressure combo because it is also channeling and takes up a lot of time, and it isn’t as strong as Gravity Pole/Yin Yang Harmony. Fire Pillar + Raise is however, really good and Hell Breath is also really strong for CM despite it being a channeling skill.

Cryo do not really provide a lot of extra damage for killing the mobs in CMs. Frost Pillar have very good crowd control and you can cast 3 quick Ice Blast. However, I do prefer Cryo because it makes up for what Psycho + Onmyo lack, which is bossing capability. Ice Wall + Psychic Pressure is a very very strong combo for bosses. Gravity Pole when boosted with Fire Fox can also hit Ice Walls. If you use Pyro, you probably will have better mob clearing skills, but you might suffer at handling bosses.

1 Like