Tree of Savior Forum

Re:Build Guide to All Wizard Classes

Sage has far better synergy with Psychokino than Chronomancer.

Iā€™m playing with a friend and we are relatively low geared (Leg 400 with low stats for now)

We are doing CM 5 very easily, but 6 is where we are getting destroyed.

Iā€™m playing Pyro / Ele / Taoist, which is probably the strongest DPS Wizard class. However it seriously lack in crowd control. While our damage output is quite good, we canā€™t survive because the monster hit like a truck and we die quickly.

So I want to trade my Pyro for a more crowd control oriented class, like Cryo. I think it will help us greatly. However Iā€™m afraid weā€™ll be lacking in DPS then, just because iā€™ll lose the stormdust + fireball combo, which is incredibly powerful (by far the most powerful ā€œspellā€ I have)

Not sure if I should trade remove Pyro, Ele, or both? Taoist is a must have, so I have to keep it

Any recommendation?

that sounds like a gear problem, not a class build problem

Personally my main is Pyro - Ele - Tao and I feel the crowd control is actually good. I can solo outer 15 easily till CM5 with only 10k matk.

The main crowd control skills are Fire Pillar and Hail which I think is good enough for solo. My skill rotation is as follows.

• Fire Pillar is my start to CC mobs. I use the stunlock to set up Fireball for my Storm Dust combo. Followed by 2 Fireclaw
  • Storm Calling followed by 3 Eradication.
  • Flame Ground followed by Meteor. This combo is strong enough to 1 hit most mobs at CM5 or at least close to killing them.
  • Now that my main DPS skills are used up, I use Hail to CC mobs. By now my Fire claw CD would be up so I use it again. Then followed with Storm Dust combo.
  • Now I use Prominence. By this time my Fire Pillar should be close to 10 cd to be used again, so I channel Hell Breath to wait for the CD to restart my entire skill rotation.

Crowd control wise is fine for me. If you really want a good control class Cryomancer is good but you lose out a lot of damage. I also have a Cryo - Ele - Tao sub wizard but the damage is much lower. You lose out on the main Pyro combos that I mentioned. You however still have Meteor which is really strong. I max Hail for this build since I want to make it an ā€˜Ice Theme Mageā€™ and the skill is pretty good. Occasionally spam Ice Blast during Hail and Frost Pillar. You can also opt for Electrocute I stead of Storm Dust since Storm Dust is just a stand alone skill without combo, while Electrocute benefit from Storm Calling. You get very good CC because you can Ice Like anytime. The damage is definitely not on par with the Pyro build.

Thanks for the reply.

What about Cryo / Psycho / Tao?

Elementalist without Pyro is not that strong imo

If you want Cryo + Psycho, may I suggest Onmyoji instead. Taoist will provide good single target DPS as usual. Onmyoji however can boost Gravity Pole to make it stronger. You also get more AOE. Also, Firefox Shikigami attribute allow you to hit 16 walls of Ice Wall for the Ice wall + Psychic Pressure combo.

Is there any reason why some of the skill builds arenā€™t showing up in the simulator? :frowning: My sis and I just joined and sheā€™s interesting in following the Cryo + Psycho + Onmyoji build, but itā€™s not showing up at allā€¦

what simulator are you using? try using https://tos.guru/itos/simulator or https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner

Some of the build links in this thread might be broken, tos.neet updating sometimes breaks links

I think some of the links might be updated or broken. I might redo the builds part either in this guide or remake a new one with newly added stuff

Anyways, below is a rough outline of what I would do for Cryo - Psycho - Onmyo. I would personally recommend going Onmyoji first if you have starting money because the AOE really help in mob clearing.

https://tos.guru/itos/simulator?tinyurl=y6b7wuwj

Extra skill points is up to you. The main point here is that Ice Wall is minimum lvl 15 for 16 Ice Walls, and Psychic Pressure is minimum lvl 12 to hit 16 targets. This is so that when you use FireFox Shikigami to increase Psychic Pressureā€™s range, it can hit all 16 Ice Walls.

1 Like

Yea, thatā€™s what was going on. The site updating broke some of the build links. Thanks for the update though! :slight_smile: Will definitely be passing this on to her.

Which combination is the best ?

1. Pyro + Element + Tao
  2. Pyro + Necro + Sorc
  3. Pyro + Necro/Sorc + Tao

Pyro - Ele - Tao is one of the strongest right now

So what element skills should i up?

https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#212bl.2575.1f21745a6a95.319fba55.2a5f914a637185

This is how I would do it. For Elementalist, you could invest all your points into Fire Claw, or invest some into Stone Curse for some boss CC (which also allows you to do more damage with Fire Skills) up to a good enough duration and put the rest into Fire Claw

I prefer onmy.
How you guys combo skills? (pyro-element-onmy)
Never tried rod + shield.
Its better spamming or its better raw damage?

Fireball + Storm Dust and Flame Ground + Meteor are the stronger combos. The rest of the skills you can use them as you please.

Rod + Shield have more defense that aids in survivability

Rod + shield = 50% casting speed

Thatā€™s the only reason why you would want a Rod instead of Staff.

Iā€™d recommend a rod if you are not picking Chrono and have a lot of casting time for your skills (like Onmyou / Elementalist / Rune Caster)

With the latest patch, Warlockā€™s spirits were buffed. I used the skill reset potion from the NPC to respec my Warlockā€¦ but now I find myself with not enough points!

Demon Scratch: 5/5
Pole of Agony: 10/10
Mastema: 10/10
Evil Sacrifice: 1/1

Thatā€™s 26/45 points, which means 19 left for three skills that are equally good and can be skilled up to 15: Invocation, Dark Theurge, Ghastly Trail. I wonder if I should focus on one or divide the points equally. For now, Iā€™ve put 5 in Ghastly Trail (+60% damage), 7 in Invocation (10 spirits ā€“ 349% per 60s) and 7 in Dark Theurge (5 spirits ā€“ 225% per 20s).

alt #1:

• 10 in Ghastly Trail (+80% damage)
  • 4 in Invocation (320%)
  • 5 in Dark Theurge (205%)

alt #2:

• 1 in Ghastly Trail (+44% damage)
  • 15 in Invocation (426%)
  • 3 in Dark Theurge (186%)

alt #3:

• 1 in Ghastly Trail (+44% damage)
  • 3 in Invocation (310%)
  • 15 in Dark Theurge (302%)

IIRC the skill now generates ā€œpeacefulā€ spirits that only do damage when launched with Evil Sacrifice. Itā€™s much better this way, as you donā€™t waste your spirits on low level mobs when thereā€™s a boss around. I just wish they didnā€™t target the traps laid by bosses instead of the boss itselfā€¦ :frowning: