Tree of Savior Forum

Re:Build Guide To All Wizard Classes (Post EP11)

well the chicken legend raid and unique raid is holy prop. boss thats why shadow wiz kinda got a little littleee little bit popular now…

What would you choose as X in Alchemist-X-Sage build to be able to level up the character solo up to the Sage class if you could only choose among Chronomancer, Necromancer, Featherfoot, Rune Caster or Shadowmancer (the only 5 classes that don’t appear in my other wizard builds)? I was about to choose Chronomancer, but this would mean going full support, which I don’t plan to (the char is basically just to make potions and portals). My initial idea was to choose Shadowmancer, but I’m not so sure anymore.

If you want to have a filler class and don’t intend to use this character to do any high end content, I would choose Runecaster because the AOE would help. Shadowmancer’s AOE would be hard for you to clear quests as the skills it has is mostly for bossing to help to kill bosses in quests while you leve up. It will also get more buffs in the future. You would want to choose something with huge AOE in order to clear mobs faster and clear quests faster. One downside is that the Runecaster quest can be very tiresome to do.

If you just want to make potions and portals, you don’t actually even need to level up that high but yeah if you want to fill up a third class, Runecaster would be good. Rune of Giants also help occasionally when you want to do map exploration.

Ok thanks, I’ll pick Rune Caster then. And since I have an unlock voucher rotting in my team storage, I won’t have to deal with the tiresome quest…

Awesome guide/explanation, I’m following this to research the perfect build to me and I’m currently leveling a taoist-ele-chrono <3 .
Could you put here the incoming nerfs/buffs too? Cuz trying to find them at the KToS General thread it’s really hard @-@ it took me llmore than 1h to find the part they say about WL and Shadow

Here are the changes. I used google translate for it so I could only roughly guess.

I do remember seeing it in the general thread but same as you I couldn’t find it anymore.

The changes aren’t exactly “game changing” like what they did to Featherfoot. Shadowmancer mainly got some damage increase and easier [Blind] application which will help mostly in single target situations. Runecaster mainly got some damage buffs and overheat changes which will help mostly in raids/CMs.

Also, since you are trying Ele - Tao - Chrono, you can refer to this thread. I think there were quite a few discussions with regards to your build

1 Like

THAT’S WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR ABOUT MY BUILD. I LOVE IT. Thanks man.

Btw, could you explain the Elemental essence passive?

Think you meant the attribute? I’m not entirely sure because I never actually tested it that much on different monsters but I think it works this way.

The skill itself grants you even more bonus damage if your are attacking the elemental weakness of the monster. The attribute if I’m not wrong reduces this bonus damage. However, it reduces the penalties when you are attacking the elemental strengths of the minster (you would do less damage when you attack the strengths of the monster but this attribute makes this penalty less so overall you do more on them).

How I look at it is that while there is a damage nerf when you attacks enemies’ weakness, there is a damage buff when attacking an enemies’ strength. I like to think this as more of a ‘buffer’ so that you don’t do low damage when attacking an enemies’ strength. I usually just cast it when I’m bursting down bosses, or cast it in between my skill rotations during CM. I don’t really toogle the attribute on/off just to get the max damage because I think it would be too troublesome to do it and figure out the strength and weakness of all the mobs. It would be good I think to maybe find out for the main stuff that are fighting against.

I might be wrong because this is based on how I read and interpret the skill. Not sure if @Mikumo can help you better since he mains that build and is probably most knowledgeable in this aspect than me.

that is slightly incorrect,

to clarfiy:
its still a buff even with the attribute on.
meaning its: +50% offensive property effects with buff on while reduce 50% of strong property penalty.
e.g
if you use a fire skill on an earth monster you will do 50% more damage.
if you use a fire skill on an earth monster with EE on you will do 100% more damage instead.
if you use a fire skill on an earth monster with EE + attribute on you will do 75% more damage instead.

in comparsion:
if you use a fire skill on a fire monster you will do 50% less damage
if you use fire skill on fire monster with EE + attribute you will only do 25% less damage instead.

its a very interesting skill. if you happen to be a tao against lightning bosses this skill alone will enable you to do much more damage with your burst combo while in general scenarios its still good for all-round usage.

it would be better if its buffed though, like increase the duration to at least 1 min instead of just 20 sec dura.

if you hotkey the attribute then skilled usage of this ability will bring many benefits.

1 Like

I think for someone who really wants to make full use of the attribute they must really find out which mobs to use it and which not to which can be troublesome.

I do hope that the duration will be increased in future. 20s is very short even though it has 100% uptime.

Warlock FF Chrono - Warlock FF Rune - Warlock FF Elementalist

Which one do you think have highest DPS by itself?

Definitely Warlock - Featherfoot - Chronomancer. Kurdaitcha is super strong and your can Pass and Backmasking it to stack multiple Kurdaitcha. Followed by Elementalist build (Fire Claw x2 overheat is really good DPS)

The other 2 would however have much better AOE.

The only problem that I see this, is that the bosses move so much that it is difficult to take advantage of the extra time of Kurdaitcha.

Yeah, that is a problem. But apparently Chronomancer’s Pass + Taoist Creeping Death Charm is also too OP that some people even made an entire thread in the general discussion about it wanting a nerf, even though the entire DPS is lost when a boss move away. Kurdaitcha do have the same problem I guess. If the combo is done right it has the most potential.

Elementalist would be another good choice because Fire Claw x2 overheat can be targetted

Do you know how the mdef works ?, I could not identify if it is better to increase the damage or decrease the mdef.

I know that the greater the mdef of the enemy it is better to reduce his mdef vs the damage increase, but I have not been able to establish a balance point

I’m not really sure about damage calculations and values though, not sure how to actually test it out.

Rune Caster Destruction nearly doubles my magic damage on the Irredian Boss.

After some calculations I realized how big the impact of Mdef reduction is, I mean I had a base idea, but didnt think it was that much. It really adds too much damage specially agains bosses. The only problem for me is losing Chrono’s versatility and utility, but welp I’m trying to get a High DPS build.

A semi-popular and good build would be Taoist - Chronomancer - Runecaster. This is more focused on boss killing with Creeping Death Charm x3 (x6 with Chronomancer’s Pass), Chronomancer support and Runecaster’s AOE and MDEF reduction. I’m tried this and it is really good for singe target DPS. The downside is that it isn’t good in clearing CMs because your main AOE skills are from Runecaster which has fairly long cooldown, and Taoist’s Eradication, hence there would be some downside whereby you might not have any skills to cast other than spamming Magic Missile or other weaker filler skills.

there only are 2 really strong skills in the Rune Caster tree : Destruction because of how damage is calculated, and rune of protection because it gives you permanent knockback and knockdown immunity, the rest are very underwhelming or situational.