Tree of Savior Forum

<Re:build> Falconer-Mergen

Heyyyy guys

Haven’t really done much updating/researching lately. So for those who have been playing since SFR/patch update, how do you guys see the build?
Are there any contenders for changing a rank for something better to improve overall performance?

i tempted to move to fletcher too, can you share fletcher skill distribution? and the reasoning behind picking those skills?
hmm, i checked market, barbed arrow gem 25M, meanwhile magic arrow gem only 1M. Does barbed arrow better than magic arrow for PVE?

you need 20AAR so that your triple arrow dmg get tripled, less than that is a waste of misrus bow ichor

I think mainly because MA is now outshined by BA, being BA is spammable with multi hits and to apply debuffs it is a lot faster too

Mainly max all dps skills and personally leftovers between Bodkin and a pointer for Broadhead if you want

What’s your distrib @Ennislol?

barb might be stronger if you dont face plate boss

Skill Factor: [695]%
Cloth Armor Targets: 5 hits
Leather Armor Targets: 3 hits
Plate Armor Targets: 1 hit

i checked, only skiaclipse is plate, moring is cloth, most of the XL boss are leather

https://tos.neet.tv/npcs?size=XL&armor=Iron&order=lvld&f=1

1 Like

https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#314bh.458595.1f214f317865.152f4a6a55.1f2a45855595

Couple of thoughts:

1. Ranger - I have barrage arts and bounce shot arts.

2. Fletcher - I personally like have 15 bodkin. The -% def is nice. Maxing barbed is nice, I believe a lot of bosses are leather. We also use 2 bodkin fletchers (me being one of them) for our Boruta, so the debuff is always on. Not a huge fan of broadhead and DMA is a little funky, I’d go with barbed if I could i think…

3. Mergen - This one is the one I’m having the most trouble with. Downfall and sprinkle, since the sfr changes, has been pretty meh. But I dunno if its because I don’t have much invested. But if I had barbed, I think I’d drop downfall for sprinkle or tripleshot.

I see a lot of variations from ktos players on their builds and from youtube. I’m still playing with a bunch of skill loadouts to see what I like the best.

1 Like

does broadhead+prison cutter card works?

the distribution of the fletcher and mergen depends essentially on your gear or future gear; For example, the broadhead is easy to replace with the rajapearl card x3 with prison cutter x3 combo, but you are losing aoe of the centaurus, then you have to find a balance between aoe and max damage, on the other hand if you have a goal “20 aoe” triple arrow lvl 13 + misrus bow + max attributes and art is wonderful damage and you leave it +13 to have 1 in Arrow Sprinkle and Down Fall, but if you arrive 20 it is better to start there, improve that and there triple is 5

1 Like

broadhead lv 5 for 2x 7.5sec duration of bleeding (matching 15 sec CD)?

how clunky/funky is DMA?

any reason to turn OFF fletcher ART? i heard when bossing it better turned off

It’s got a weird casting animation/time. It also only seems worth it if the target is burning, and if so, you gotta shoot then wait the 1.5 seconds for the explosion then shoot another. That with the mentioned casting time/animation makes it awkward.

So basically you have to weave skills like that and that goes back to my distaste for piano type specs. I may put more into barbed, depending if other guild fletchers go bodkin.

With the SFR changes, I’m actively looking to try and do less and achieve the same results lol. I want to pare down my skills more.

For solo play, I like bodkin maxed though.

so, for a more fluent skill rotation, better ditch DMA?

Yeah, I find DMA a bit clunky vs other spammable skills like Spreadshot. It has an annoying second delay before firing + target has to be burning for max dmg. Nevetheless it is strong imo

I also dont like Broadhead but 1 point in it ensures I have minimal downtime for target to bleed, so I can keep 1 rajapearl and 2 purple slots open, instead of 3 Rajapearls imo

20AAR to maximize Triple is really good but it constraints the build way too much for 1 skill… I think I will go with 15 AAR instead and have my Red slots for something that can give me +30% flat (x3 prison cutter since mainly aiming target to bleed)

it seems most player that i know recently take wugu for their DPS archer because of +50% STR ART

Yeah, tough choice too. Wugu ARTS give a solid astleast +2k damage or more vs Crit shot buff with steady aim

Maybe Wugu better if you have low crit then Ranger with high crit?

Needs testing

From my experience playing with these classes

wugu falcon mergen
Pros: aoe, Aiming, str art, dot, good build for someone who doesn’t have much equipment or is just starting.
Cheap class
Cons: Load the poison pot
the sp drains quickly

wugu ranger mergen
Pros: str art + critic + dot. build that yields if you cover 20 AAR (frieno).
Cons: Load the poison pot.
It is expensive. (20 AAR)
It enters into conflict of interest between critics and the wugushi.

Wugu Fletcher Mergen
Pros: str art + magic art + dot + Bodkin. build that would say all terrain, although 20AAR (frieno) would be tremendous, and even with less it also performs the same.
Cons: Load the poison pot.
It is expensive. (20 AAR)
Arrow crafting

1 Like

You are spot on, Wugu and Mergen seems to not mix well together due to conflicting mechanics

Wugu is nice for new players, as crit gear are usually the expensive ones

1 Like

but 50% STR art is most useful when you have 1000+ STR which is endgame equipment. Similar to it is not optimal to use boruta seal-archer to someone who only has 500 crit rate

I really think that for wugushi the best classes would be with canon or musket

I was testing, now I hope to collect class points to return to wugu cannon matross

Yes I think so too, Wugu arts best with cannon / musk.

@7aniki really really tough choice. You do have a point tho, but we cannot forget how OP crit shot + steady aim buffs are for bows… Let alone they will remove crit cap soon with leather so stacking crit will be more popular I suppose.

i tested broadhead lv 5, it has 7.5 second downtime, are you using 3 rajapearl card to compensate that?

I’m debating having like:
14 bodkin
1 broad
5 barbed
Max the rest.

So you’re saying use raja pearl to keep bleeds up? For combo with prison cutter? It feels meh without centaurs cards, or that just may be me having them as a crutch.

1 Like