Tree of Savior Forum

[Re:Build] Class Changes

What early game? Levels 1-200 don’t exist in current ToS.

Levels 1-200 exist in the first 2-3 hours of a new character in current ToS…

1 Like

Heal, in the most recent ktest patch… has a 10 second cooldown with 2OH. However the patch comes with a weird bug that it makes heal fail to cast… :x

After trying out ktest for a few hours (less than 20 total), my advice is…

approach re:build as if it is a different game altogether. What we are playing currently in iToS is Very Easy mode. Re:build amps the difficulty part up to around Normal mode. Gears, especially defenses are very important in Re:build.

1 Like

inb4 incessant whining to get it back to ez mode lel

1 Like

If any class, I would say combining FF with Bokor would be a pretty good choice.

Hex serves as an easier way to get Kundela Slash’s curse debuff bonus off quicker.
Zombify can be the second debuff of two, for the other Kundela attribute damage bonus.
Kurdaitcha -> Effigy is also an option for cursing multiple enemies at once, though I don’t think you will get Hex attribute’s dark damage bonus…
Samediveve will help you cover ground faster for slashes and stabs too.

And the usual Damballa zombie-splosion bomb, if you aren’t planning on being a summoner.
I noticed in a few videos, that it looks like Zombie Capsules now have a 0.5 second cooldown.

I meant picking one of the 3 just to increase the average SPR of the build.

Like Warlock>Ele>Bokor, you get the summon class just for complimentary kit+bonus SPR.

It’s like people getting Peltasta just for the CON+buffs and only get the offensive skills with cc/utility.

Get what i mean?

I believe Necro Tower is poison and the wizards as well it seems. Not sure about Shoggoth right now though.

@Tankhime
Yeah, the dark bonus only works for the Bokor skills as FF’s skills aren’t dark.
You could use Necro as well for some more poison stuff as I mentioned at the top.

@leleconildo
It pulls stuff closer together I believe, which could be nice if no build falls way off. Also, even if the points are few, maybe each point is more important now with the changes because you can’t get like 900 SPR anymore.

Warlock is classified as a Hard-to-play class. So they made it.

Basically. It has become a class with sort of high damage with huge cooldowns and a meh filler to punish you for bad decisions. A hard class to play with. But, honestly, not looking that rewarding yet.

When you look at all the changes, you kinda see a pattern. They want to make every class useful and niche-filling.

Elementalist is good when using elemental advantage. So really useful with classes that have elemental variety (Onmyoji and Rune Caster) and not that good with classes with no variety, like Shadowmancer or Warlock. But, if you don’t pick the new skill, it will have a lot of AOE damage. And the synergy criteria will be more like “What do I do while waiting for those cooldowns?”.

Necromancer is still the same old skeleton-abomination summoner we all love to hate but now is kinda matched with the other summoner classes. So we will start to hate all summoner classes (?).

Even after so many nerfs, Warlock is still a powerful AOE nuker. And the cooldown problem can be solved within the same niche of dark wizards: Shadowmancer (more self-defense and single target nuke (?)) and Bokor (more control and curse applications(?)).

About Featherfoot: blood curse will be missed, but what came without it is kinda interesting. You may specialize as a self-healer class or as a melee magic nuker. And Levitation maxing at level 1 AND having the Cursed Blood attribute is AWESOME!!

By the way, there were some changes to the Wizard class:
Energy Bolt cooldown decreased (9 > 3 seconds). Overheat removed. Caps at level 5. Now has a casting time of 0.5 seconds. Damage enhancement attribute against sleeping enemies removed.
Lethargy cooldown increased (20 > 30 seconds). Caps at level 5. Now the debuff decreases Physical and Magic damage by 2% per level and decreases Evasion by 5 per level. Also increases damage received from magic attacks by 5% per level (from 20% all levels before). Both Specialty attribute is gone. Now there is an attribute that increases the debuff on damage dealt by 0.5% per level with 100 levels as the cap.
Sleep removed. Don’t know if it is still on the game.
Magic Shield “reworked”. Now caps at level 5. For the duration of 300 seconds, decreases the damage received by 4% per level at a cost of 1% of the user’s max SP per hit taken. Has an attribute to enhance the reduction by 0.5% per level, maximizing at level 100.
Surespell removed. Now is a baseline for every Wizard.
Quickcast removed. Now is a Chronomancer skill.
Magic Missile now caps at skill level 5. The spread effect is the same as a level 10 previously (spreads up to 5 different enemies upon hit).
Earthquake now caps at level 5. The same skill as before so far.
New Attribute ‘Staff Mastery’. The description, with google translator, says “[Rod] Casting speed reduced by 30% when worn.”. Not sure if this is for Staffs or Rods.

Edit: The dark property damage increase attribute on Invocation is gone. :frowning:

its an attribute for rod users to reduce casting time. It was added with the first or second maintenance patch that ktest received after Re:build.

Oh yes, I completely forgot about the “instant level 300” rookie/returning packs. Nevermind… why play a game when the game plays you.

Sure the endgame is important (also we’re far from seeing the true endgame yet), and you really want to balance your character for it, but missing all the fun of leveling a character properly to the endgame and testing your build along the way is a bit sad…

Rod + shield users will have reduced casting time, gems in secondary hand, not mentioning the absurd amount of physical defense endgame shields will provide. And more flexibility for your stats… Nothing mentioned about staff users? They should get at least a Staff mastery too no?

Added Fletcher and Mergen changes.

2 Likes

@Crevox

At your change list, it still list old KTest heal without overheat… Just to let you know. Good work.

:satisfaction:

Anyone know the new cooldown for Arrow Sprinkle from Mergen? Was the cooldown untouched?

It wasn’t changed, still 40 seconds.

Yeah… this might happen a lot. image

I will adjust it in this case, but I’m going to add a disclaimer regarding patches. I’ll try to keep things up to date but IMC is planning for a very rapid schedule to prepare the update for release, and it may be difficult to keep up.

1 Like

It’s understandable, sorry if I sounded like a jerk. Just wanted to point it to help :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

There is “Staff Mastery: Fire” for Pyromancer. For +15% Dmg of Fire skills (and that is kinda good).
But there is also “Rod Mastery: Ice” at Cryo for same 15% Ice skills.

They should add a basic Staff Mastery at Wizard base class.

Let me share my work here :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m gathering information about what is changing on each class. It is in Portuguese, cause I’m doing it more for the brazilian community, as we don’t have an organized platform to talk about stuff.

I am also collecting all the videos that I can under each class, so people can read what will change, but also see the class in action. Even if you don’t speak portuguese, you can navigate and watch some videos, if that is what you are looking for.

It is not complete yet, I’m doing as I can, comparing database changes, but also translating information when people share them here (mostly, as I said, to inform the brazilian community).

Hope it can be helpful. Re:Build will be pretty big :slight_smile:

http://sites.google.com/view/tosrebuildbr

5 Likes

Would you say it is “R8 Launch” levels of hard? Tevhrin 1-5 + Gesti quest was the hardest this game has been ever, imo. I would like to see that level of challenge again.

1 Like

I really hope they rebuild loot tables and drop chances. My biggest gripe was farming for hours with nothing to show for it except a few hundred thousand silver.:angry: