Tree of Savior Forum

[Re:Build] Builds Ideas

With the info we have so far i’m almost 100% sure i’m doing:

1 - Wizard - Kino - Cryo - Pyro
2 - Scout - Assassin - Shinobi - Enchanter
3 - Cleric - Exorcist - Priest - Miko

Others i’m going to try or am uncertain:

4 - Scout - Corsair - Linker - Outlaw
5 - Archer - Cannoneer - QS - placehold (until we get the new cannon class) - best options are APP but it is hidden and falco but it needs 1 character slot. Costs are too high for a placehold. So i might use ranger for now.
6 - Archer - Wugushi - Piper - Musket/Mergen/Ranger/Sapper
7 - Cleric - Druid - Sadhu - Oracle or Cleric - Druid - Diev - Pala
8 - Swordie - Barb - Nak - Suggestions? i want to use 2H sword here but i don’t like highlander nor Doppel… is there anything else usable with this weapon?

Wiz builds i’m completely lost. I know i have 4 wizards and i want to use Alch, Sage, Shadowmancer and Necro for them (one wiz i’m using build #1 i posted).
PS.: i don’t like sorcerer nor zombies. I actually have a bokor but i do not use zombies…

Try to make a Dark Sorcerer or Poison based as I believe the Tower is Poison and the Skeleton Wizard as well, then you add Featherfoot and something else.
Dark could be Bokor for Effigy and Curse to increase Dark Damage, Warlock and Shadowmancer.
I would do, Pyro + Kino + Sage for a fire based mage with dimensions. You can increase the multiple magic circles like Raise, Flame Ground, Heavy gravity and more while also copying stuff like Fire Wall I believe (if they didnt remove the copy attribute). At the same time each class will give you some defense that all adds up together.

I believe Alche can explode pyro balls and maybe even Frostwall and stuff, but I am not sure on the frost part.

1 Like

My Wiz3-Ele3-FF3-thauma1 main will be changing into Wiz-FF-WL-RC. If SFR stays the same, I think RC is a fairly strong AoE class now. Elementalist seems lacklusting without the help of other classes (Taoist, Chronomancer or other elemental mage) which I’m not picking for main. FF losing Blood Curse is really sad, but I’m not giving up on Kundela Slash yet. And my main source of damage is gone along with Transpose. Goodbye full CON -> full INT trick. This update screwed my favorite build :frowning:

I will change my thauma-onmyouji into an AoE elemental mage for CM with wiz-onmy-elememe- and something (probably Taoist, but could be Cryo or Chrono too).

If we get tree resets, thauma-linker-RC will be a Scout with linker-thauma-Ench. Guess I will have to get a pistol…

I still have 2 other mages, but I’m still thinking on them. Maybe it is time to test a different class tree, I’ve been doing Wizard for too long.

You can use Bokor with Featherfoot as it provides you with curse and Dark Damage. Not sure, but someone once said that more Hexing Levels increase the number of targets it can hit. Even as a single target it can be great for bossing.

Maybe do a Fire, Frost or Earth Mage? Each has a necklace and I personally want at least one of each for the flavor and the different spells.

After Onmiyo and Ele there is a lot you can pick, Cryo for Frost in Challenge mode, which is amazing, Chrono for the increased Casting Speed and CD reduction as well as slow. Personally I like Cryo, Cycling through 3 Ice Pike and Frost Pillar reduces so much damage while certain classes do more damage or can set up stuff better (Really is the new “stop” as people joke).

I personally think Ele got knocked down into the middle of a lot of classes due to its Elemental Weakness buff it got. You now can combine different elements and make characters that farm against specific type of monsters really well even without good gear as Ele increases the damage you do by 100% if you attack with elemental weakness. Thus you pick Ele for two reasons, specific element (or enemy) build, aoe build or weighted build that focuses on something but takes like 5 skill level in each element to take advantage of the buff.

The elemental I’m planning is an all-element mage so it can take advantage of this buff all the time. Cryo sure is tempting, but I want to test Taoist first as I never played anything outside Wizard tree before.

I thought about this pick too, but I think it stays out of my main purpose, which is burning through boss HP really fast while holding good AoE damage to make any content. Bokor is better to pair with warlock if the extra dark damage in hexed enemies stays the same (so build would turn into wiz-bokor-wl-FF), but RC provides magic defense reduction with Rune of Destruction, which is really good. And I don’t like the zombies rsrs.

Do what you have the most fun with, both can be good. I will combine Taoist with Cryo and Ele for lighting stuff. Having Storm Calling and Electrocute synergies with each other is great (I believe Storm Calling increases the targets and damage I believe).

Surely Bokor isn’t the best at burning through HP fast like all summoner classes. I had it paired with Plague Doctor but that isn’t possible anymore. Still, if Hexing is aoe it could be nice to get a Curse onto the enemy and have an easier time to activate all the Featherfoot cursed buffed skills as Blood Curse is gone. Doesn’t hexing reduce Magic Defense as well? At least I remember it like this and its a debuff that scales with skill level while having attribute for more dark damage.
Well, it is hard to avoid zombies as a Bokor as they are one of the cores of the class, but you could probably skill everything else, hexing 15, Effigy 15, the movement/hp buff circle max and the other skill max, which would avoid all zombie related skills (you may have Skillpoints over though, not sure).

I probably will do a flavor char of Falconer, Musketeer, Hunter or Wugushi. Like this lone Hunter that snipes targets while being accompanied by his pet. =3
Had this as an ATK Speed version but that doesn’t work anymore so I will go for Single target high damage skills, a bit control and maybe poison (poisonous bullets).

Honestly, lots of fun and new combinations to explore in my opinion. =D

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback!

Wiz - Warlock - Shadow - Bokor sounds nice. i have never played warlock but i might give it a try.

If alch can really explode fireball, than pairing them with sage might be interesting too…

with regards to mounts for swordies , do we need to choose Cataphract first in-order to ride mounts? or can we also learn to ride mounts by choosing Hackapell as an alternative?

cuz i was planning on going for
Pelt-Hack-Lancer
rather than
cata-hack-lancer :sad:

Don’t have to. Mounted classes have their own riding attribute even now.

1 Like

THANK YOU!!! :blush:
i was a beta player, just came back this Sept, and i thought Cata was a pre-req to be able to ride mounts.
cuz cata imo has really low dps.

am looking for a 3rd option for my Sadhu Diev…

Though hacka and lancer won’t really be great together since hackapell would be using 1h sword and lancer 2h spear, then pelt would need shield for most of the skill set.

it would be okay, since rebuild would have the new Auto Swap when using skills. though im not sure if Hacka would still be Sword+xbow, or sword+shield(rumors).

1 Like

hacka will become just like any other swordsman = 1h sword + sub

Yeah but the problem is you’d have to invest on two different weapons, which would be 2h spear and 1h sword.

yeah, but for now, crush and quantain will do. since its not gonna be my main for now.

speaking of two weapon investments I kinda want to do Assassin BM and just alternate Annihilate and Bloody Overdrive for maximum edgelord

2 Likes

yah, the problem with 2 weapons, is investing in BG.

Thinking about Quarrel Shooter.

Stance : crossbow + shield
Theme : strategic movement and defense

Quarrel Shooter has the highest CON ratio of all archers.
Archers in order of CON ratio are:
1.0 Quarrel Shooter
0.9 Sapper
0.8 Hunter
0.7 Falconer
0.6 Pied Piper, (Cannoneer*)
0.5 Archer, Appraiser, Wugushi, (Musketeer*)
0.4 (Mergen*)
0.35 Fletcher
0.3 Ranger
*in brackets are two-handed weapon classes.

Quarrel Shooter + Sapper + Hunter, the CON-heaviest archer has the stat ratios of:
( 0.5 + 1.0 + 0.9 + 0.8 ) / 4 = 0.8 CON
( 0.75 + 0.5 + 0.7 + 0.9 ) / 4 = 0.7125 STR
( 0.75 + 0.5 + 0.4 + 0.3 ) / 4 = 0.4875 DEX
*additions in order of ( archer + qs + sapper + hunter )

At level 390 that gives
STR 278
DEX 190
CON 312
Gosh that is a lot of stat points.

Classes with similar stat ratio distributions work well together as a themed build.
A good way to feel out the new class system.

*Edit
Just read about the new Block and Shoot skill.
Block rate +100% & guaranteed critical hit after each block sounds promising :distinguished:

I would probably go QS - Falconer - Hunter even if it costs you 3 char slots. But sapper could be great as well, there are many thematic builds that now work despite us loosing some.

2 Likes