Tree of Savior Forum

[RANT] who tf told swordies to be dps?

someone deleted his post. where art thou oh great and wise master with a 280 sw 2 something something?

This, I gota see.

/fuckthistwentycharactershit.

nah itā€™s nothing. just some kid telling me to f*ck off since he got offended.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

nah. your dps is trash because you dont have level 10 gungho and level 10 concentrate

1 Like

Lord knight build any 1 !? Lelelelel

reminds me I saw someone who posted a lordknight build long ago promoting SW2, I didnā€™t comment on it because I thought it was a pvp build

Its a public build, first one apearring in the dragoon build. So many ppl follow it and all its non sense. Makes me giggle everytimeā€¦

okay I checked it,

seems like this is what confused readers

Heā€™s promoting Restrain instead of Pain Barrier, while the actual core of the build relies on pain barrier heavily.

Cyclone, Stabbing. hell even some dragoon skills if you plan on charging them.

then again sw2>hop3 builds are the ones that die on mineloader during my boss rush runs because they donā€™t want to move away and canā€™t block manually lol

But overall the build/guide has actual content(and isnā€™t pve restricted) so I guess people follow itā€¦which eventually leads toā€¦well, you know.

edit: lol i didnā€™t check the skills properly, dat 0 points on pierce and stabbing though

2 Likes

Hmm I mean, no one takes provocation attribute from swordsman 1? Iā€™m able to hold aggro with that just fineā€¦ But then again there are archers that donā€™t do any good dps in dungeons as well.

And there are clerics that afkā€¦

Want a tank? Get your full CON Wizard or your Cleric to do it.

The reason why Swordsman are tanks is because of a few things that other classes donā€™t have:

1 - Provoke attribute, this attribute allows Swordsman to keep the aggro on mobs/bosses, when you donā€™t have a Swordsman on your team doing the right thing(which is to pull the aggro from the boss to him), the boss is just going to switch aggro between the Wizzies and Archers, iā€™ll go more in depth as to why Wizzies and Clerics arenā€™t/canā€™t tank in ToS.

Archers will constantly move around to dodge the bosses attack making both clerics and wizzies job much harder.

2 - Swordsman have 3x more basic HP

Really simple, in ToS youā€™re ging to be partied with randoms when doing Dunegons/Missions, youā€™re not going to meet a Full CON Wizzie every run, 99% of the time the Swordsmans are going to have more HP than the other party members.

3 - Swordsman are literally built to pull aggro and stay in front of the boss.

Clerics donā€™t have Pain Barrier and usually donā€™t have High DEX builds, when Safety Zone fades the Boss is just going to keep throwing them around or switching aggro to other DPS characters. Also i donā€™t think there are any Full CON Cleric builds out there.

While a few Wizzie builds do stack up on CON they still canā€™t tank properly, most of the times these Wizzies are just running up to 100 mobs and cast Snowballing, the problem is they canā€™t deal sufficient damage/ keep the aggro on all these monsters which causes other party members to pull the aggro instead.

Wizzies will also continue to be knocked down while fighting bosses, Wizzies donā€™t build DEX so they canā€™t just Dodge the attacks, circling the Boss isnā€™t a solution either because if youā€™re circling you arenā€™t dealing damage to the boss making your aggro much lower compared to Archers/other Wizzies.

Final note

I do believe Swordsman should ALWAYS take the role of Tanks when your party is lacking one, even if the said Swordsman doesnā€™t have Peltasta C1 in his build. The class is built to be in the front line, itā€™s the only class that can consistently keep Aggro on bosses and keep the Boss steady in one location for Archers/Wizzies to make full use of their skills.

4 Likes

for me, taking sw2 is like saying : ā€œHey I made kino2 for pvp, you asked why not kino3 ? why should I, I already have my magnetic force, why do I need raise and gravity pole ?ā€

itā€™s the same problem as the R3 > F3 people.

IMO, itā€™s also for the lack of having an assassin/thief class which is a staple in other MMOā€™s. More often than not, this kind of class heavily attracts the kind of players who brag about what they know without really knowing anything. they are the toxic players you encounter in-game and are thoes who canā€™t cooperate - the kind of players in games such as dota or LoL that picks a flashy class/hero with a high damage but dont know a thing about playing with others. just like our friend here @NotVau

Except sw3 has double slash. And not gravity pole or raise.

U take sw2 or sw3 for pvp thats it.

Another misconception why people donā€™t take peltasta.

They think itā€™s a taunt and block class.

you donā€™t even need to block physicals when they hit 1s on you lmao (yes this is inside 130 dungeon)

1 Like