Tree of Savior Forum

Ranks 7 to 9 HELP

Hello! My character is currently FULL SPR Cleric C2 > Diev C3 > Miko. I am aiming to be more of a support in a party. Before i was pursuing PD3 for Rank 7 to 9, but now I am torn between going Priest C2 + Tao C1 or PD C3. Has anyone tried these 2 builds who can share some insight? Pros and cons? Thanks :slight_smile:

PD3 is an Int build, aiming doing magic damage. I wouldn’t go this way.

The other build is the most synergic support one. You will be the true savior of parties, events, raids and so on

Go Priest2 + Tao1… Mass Heal and Revive are too good to pass for support build, also Kagura + Storm Calling combo to support your melee dps. :satisfaction:

I talked to my guildmates in-game, and they said Tao is INT-build. I’m sorta confused now. HAHAHAHAH! So with currently a FULL SPR build, Cleric C2 > Diev C3 > Miko > Priest C2 > Tao C1 is actually better for FULL SPR?

Can you guys give me an idea on what equipments I should aim for? Should it still focus on SPR or get ones with CON so I’ll be less squishy?

Is this skill plan good? https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#411777i22h.1a2a345561.152f345a6675.1121334555.11213a45536595.61551485

The attack skills from Taoist are based on int (magic attack) . Summons are based on your Spr (attacks from the summon like owls give 0.3% more damage )

I suggest this change in your build https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#411777i22h.1a22385565.112f3541586a75.1123314555.11213a45536595.61551485

Carve from Diev gives you some fast hits for break things in ET and Mercenary and etc.

The gears, well you will have def and mdef, probably you don’t really need something very special due you will not be in the front. So emerald shield or a good Primus desirable. Stats of your gears can be con . You can even do the other way around, invest all the stats you earn into con and the gear focusing on spr. Usually the weapon will give you tons of spr. And again, damage are not the focus on a support build. Your statues will aggro mobs and get the hits that would hit them. The Miko will make them last longer and will power up the party with the dance. Tao will increase the physical attack.

For more about spr scaling I just don't understand how Carve Oak damages are calculated

Wont’ I run out of SP fast if i put all into CON?

Sorry, but how does Tao increase physical attack? So given that Tao attacks are based on INT, all my storm calling, befone demon and etc…will deal really low damage? Will that still suffice to serve as sorta DPS? Since not a lot of people like completely full support builds now.

Given this, is it better if I equip with rod instead of mace? So that I’ll have more MATK?

Full SPR is fine. Your weapon gives all your damages (just work on it :P), and SPR will give an extra boost to your Owls.
Diev 3 -> Miko -> PD3 is also fine and works. It’s a build set to focus on defense/support while still having good aoes.
This is actually the build of my Diev, I call it “the ultimate and invincible solo build” :sparkles: (alternatively also the “let’s do lazy awakenings” build \o/)

Taoist’s Storm Calling increases physical melee attacks (and not just any physical attacks), and Miko kind of does the same, so a combo with both of them is great if you have a party of physical melees. I tried it once with two Shinobis and a Fencer in ET, it was amazing =w=
Taoist is not for DPS. Storm Calling will boost your allies, Begone Demon is fine but it’s not a big area of effect, Creeping Death Charm is good but your charms move slowly in a straight line, which is usually bad when mobs/bosses are moving around, Dark Sight is utility, Tri-Disaster Charm is mostly to be exploded with Begone Demon.

Dievdirbys is amazing, it has great sustain, helps the party’s sustain, it has nice defensive damages, it mitigates the party’s taken damages a lot, but its down side is that it is static. So imo you want classes that will balance that. Miko’s Hamaya and Cleric’s Heal help quite well already, but it’s not always enough. That’s why I went for PD (I like Druid more actually, but it’s not as effective as Plague Doctor, sadly…)
If you only want DPS to be your second role and focus first on supporting your party, you can actually even only take PD up to 2 then go Taoist 1. Not common at all since PD3 has such great aoe damages, but PD2’s damages are already good enough to fight groups.

You could also go Paladin 3. Ausrine + Barrier’s sponge attribute would make your party invincible (a)

Are you also currently using a FULL SPR build for you PD3? If so, how’s the damage? Hahaha! INT (cause MATK) gives more boost to Owl damages right?

Also, what equipments should I aim for? :slight_smile:

yes, but owls are now considered as minions/summons, so spr affects them better.

your magic skills like black death steam or incinerate will suffer but your owls will be terribly strong

you should just get any int+spr parts if you have both pd and diev3 in your build

Nope. Back when I made the character I went full INT since the Owls didn’t scale with SPR and the damages system was also different. It also still has a really lame gear since it’s not even one of my main alts.
I probably won’t go full SPR though since my whole build won’t depend on minions/Owls. I might just go CON/SPR for the extra tankiness.
But I’m still trying to fight my desires to turn him into a Diev 3-Paladin 3 to be the ultimate sponge, that’s why I haven’t worked on it yet :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes, your Owls are magical damages, so no matter what their damages will depend on your MATK. But SPR gives them an extra boost.
Usually the basic idea is that if it’s your main and you’ll transcend to max and such, you don’t need to go INT/STR. If not, the extra damages given by the stats can’t be ignored.
HG orange gear~ For the stats, you want INT/SPR, CON is a good extra bonus. There’s no “must have” per se, in TOS the gear progression is really linear, so you usually simply go for the highest level and grade ones.

I was partying up with my friend who is a FULL INT Diev C3, and he was hitting 2.3k with his owl, while I, a FULL SPR Diev C3, was just hitting a meager 900+. We are only 2 - 4 levels apart and have the mostly the same equipments since we were both new. We’re around 200+ now, and both have MIko as Rank 6.

Given that it is MATK, is rod a better option?

Show a screenshot, I’d like to see this.

I have a full spr diev 3 friend hitting for 10k± x 3.

You still need enough matk to overcome the target’s mdef. Full SPR is bad if you don’t have a good weapon.

1 Like

Yes, use a rod if you can get a good one. 1H maces are fine for hybrid builds or if the mace in question gives you stats/attributes you really need in your build, but if not basically any full magical cleric builds should use a rod.

And for your damages difference, like I said earlier, full SPR is fine if you work on your weapon. The way TOS works, most of your damages will come from your weapon, so if two people have the same okay-ish weapon, the full INT/STR one will definitely hit harder. But if the full SPR/DEX/CON person works on their weapon (enhancements, gems, transcendence…) then they will shine.
So ultimately, it all depends on if you have several stat reset potions, and if you have the means/motivation to work hard on your weapon.

Haven’t seen my friend online for quite a while, so I am not sure if I can provide a shot. Maybe your friend has really nice equips too?

LOL! I just realized the catacombs club given for rookies only has P. Attack. Gonna switch to the rod instead.

I guess I should go find myself a really nice rod once this 30 day free equipment is gone. LOL