Tree of Savior Forum

Rank Reset Event!

The defintion of a troll is just here.

1 Like

Returning people expecting to be able to reset multiple characters in one day mostly, based on their previous experience with a reset event. Now we have to tell them to be careful with testing builds because they can only reset once a day, especially more so for people who have more characters. Some of them resetting their main first and ending up stuck with a disappointing build, so instead of being able to try other builds with other chars they have to go back tomorrow cause they don’t really want to explore new content with the build they reset into. Some of them can only play on weekends, so they’re stuck with 4 resets over 4 characters (one base class each), thus each reset is a one time thing and they only have one attempt per base class.

Oh why am I explaining? These people are a hypothetical minority and don’t deserve the old reset event.

The pressure is not on them only too, as someone who tries to help give them up to date information my advice will ultimately decide what build they end up trying. I’ve suggested an enchanter build to a returning sorcerer only for them to tell me that their attack speed sucks even with 0 invested dex due to ping, they reroll to the 2nd build I suggested and was satisfied with going shadowmancer but they had to wait another day to do this and has one less reset to test for their other characters.

The limitations of this reset event compared to the old one is the following:

1. People with more than 14 characters can’t reset all of them
  2. A player can’t test different characters on the same day

point 1 is for the so called minority with 20 characters, point 2 is for people who are not up to date or doesn’t have time to log-in and test a character everyday.

Addressing point 1 is a matter of providing a fair opportunity for resets to all players. Addressing point 2 is a matter of making the reset event more accessible to more kinds of people with different levels of knowledge and different schedules.

One does not invalidate the other, because surprise, people have different circumstances! Even if neither point 1 or point 2 applies to the vast majority of players it’s not like addressing them will have any major impact on said majority. Only remiri has gives his own reason why he agrees with the 14 resets over the old reset event (some players believing too many resets will be bad, by your logic btw these are hypothetical people too but I’m not even gonna nitpick on him about that cause the number of people is irrelevant). If his reasoning can convince people who ended up with the short stick that this reset event is good then sure why not.

1 Like

This is exactly what I’m talking about and since you’re yet again avoiding my questions I’ll use a direct wording:

Question:
Are you complaining about the current reset event because you (and your examples) NEEDS more resets or WANTS more resets?

Those two are entirely different things that are part of different domains.

You’re saying so much that a lot of people NEEDS more resets. Yet, you still didn’t show anything that justify your argument, all you’re talking here is about cases someone would WANT more resets.

Complaining because something you’re being really excluded of is fine.

Complaining because something wasn’t decided the way you want, well, it can be fine. But please, don’t mask what you WANT by saying you NEED.

That’s why I asked you any example that shows your argument.

You avoided the question, right? Guess why? I’m sure this is spot on.

As for:

There are solid examples on forums that I can search if you care that much. But I’d do that after you give your own example of what I asked showing someone who REALLY NEEDS and is someone which your argument applies.

Because with no data you’re just someone complaining about something that wasn’t decided the way you want and trying to justify your own whims. You’d be better off giving opinions and discussing without masking things under NEED if this is the case.

read and understand please

1 Like

It’s clearly a need, where did you read it’s about people who want it ? They want more resets cuz they need more reset :expressionless:. And I’ll need more resets problably.

Then do it, cuz it’s what was asked like 100 posts ago. I’m really waiting to know what’s the bad part of having more resets.

1 Like
  1. All players with more than 14 characters that posted in this threads are fine with current event.

2. This is based on points of view. I see the reset event for resetting my build to adjust to new content. You see the reset event for testing builds. Who is right? Who is not? Ask IMC.

But yet again, without solid data you’re just trying to push what YOU WANT into others and trying to justify that without data.

So, care about giving me a solid example of who REALLY NEEDS and falls into the arguments shown here?

More like, I’m not answering this because I want to force you into thinking the event is good for you. Nope, I don’t want to change your opinion.

But I want to show my side, if you disagree with me sure, we can discuss, talk etc.

But please, don’t come showing false claims or such. I don’t like it and I’ll answer to it. If I am being a troll for asking you to stop putting false things just to justify something you want, yeah, call me a troll.

For the sake of argument, here, one example:

There’s various reasons for that, one is making the game too easy or etc.

My personal opinion aligns with you: More resets, yeah, better! I don’t deny it.

But it’s something nice to have, not something I need, even having 23 characters at Lv.330.

Now, may you please give concrete examples for what you’re saying that shows people who really don’t have time at all or players with 15+ characters needing to reset 20 or more that doesn’t fall in just “I want to reset” instead of “I need to reset more chars” or “I don’t have time at all for the reset event”?

Here’s one:

This type of player exists for sure, like @nfprivaron if he’s still up to it. This one is the the clearest need of them all if you’re going to insist on purely “needs.” For everyone else indeed it’s not a need, but why make it harder for people to accomplish what they need to to anyway? If we get what we want, which is the old reset event, then it’s easier to get the needs out of the way without unnecessary pressure. And yes, the 14 max reset is also not a NEED, it won’t destroy the integrity of the reset event if you take it out so why insist that it’s okay? The two week time limit is already enough of a limitation, it’s not like the event is permanent. You yourself admit that you want more resets so why are you so angry? I’m just saying the event can be improved if they did it like before, why do you feel so strongly against this?

1 Like

How is it a false claim to say I need more reset LOL ?! I can’t stop facepalm on all of your posts.

Ok, you won it

THIS IS NOT AN ARGUMENT AGAINST AN EVENT OF RANK RESET WHICH ALLOW YOU TO RESET EVERY DAY FOR EVERY CHARACTER, IT’S ABOUT THE RESET ITSELF

You’re so out of topic how can’t you realise it ? And there is no argument at all it’s just a taste. WOWO

MAYBE READ THE DAMN TOPIC

1 Like

Yall’s are spoiled af. If I was IMC I wouldn’t be doing any of this, 'gimme muh $30 dollar for a reset.'
If you have the time to level up 15+ characters to 270+, you have time to reroll and start again. You don’t need the reset for every single damn character.

1 Like

maybe since they paid for the character slots and already spent time to level them? Well sure, you can turn these players away too if you want less stress on the servers.

I had personally enough time, when the game started, to reroll over and over. It’s not because you took time to have 15+ characters that means you still have this time right now. Plus just think about how boring it is to level a character… I mean, you’re not supposed to get tortured, but play the damn game. A game where you need to reroll 50 times only shows how bad the design is.

1 Like

Then show why you need more instead of want. It’s too easy to mask the real thing just to try to justify your argument and that’s where I’m complaining.

You say the current event is bad while I think the event is good enough. Yeah, we’re done here. But if you want to discuss about my opinion of finding the event good enough and convince people to make them think the event is bad, you gotta show true data.

Uh, can you read again please?

In response to this I sent:

It’s clearly one example of how people thinks too many resets are bad.

Here’s, another one, just for you:

A lot of people agrees that TOO MANY RESETS are bad.

Now, if you want an example about something else, sorry, you gotta be specific when asking before posting memes.

Also, may you post examples for what I asked now then? Or are you going to avoid again?

Go back, read. I don’t want more resets, I’m fine with how it is atm. But if you want to give me more resets, yeah, fine, I’ll take it, I’m not going to reject nice things.

I’m not angry about it. And yup, the event can be better, there other options to explore. But it doesn’t mean the event is bad.

Now, let me ask, why are you angry when we say that the event is enough?

3 Likes

Oh so you don’t want it even if it’s better? Okay if you say so.

Wow a thread about making the reset event a permanent feature and you use that to promote the idea that too many resets are bad.

So? This reset event is not a permanent feature, it’s not gonna hurt the game in the same way as what most people are saying here. There’s a major update and the reset event is meant to accompany that, how is having more resets during this limited time going to hurt the game?

I feel strongly against elitist players who think what’s enough for them is enough for others. I can see that the reset event is enough for you but I can also see that it’s not enough for others, why can’t you do the same? And I keep repeating myself but if these players’ concerns are addressed it’s not like they’re imposing anything on you by giving you more resets. You on the other hand, are imposing less resets on them because you feel it’s enough.

2 Likes

So what’s the point of shitting up the thread if you are fine with how the event is.
I already know the answer though. You’ll defend anything IMC does and will fill every thread with inane noise so nobody will want to bother reading it. Of course it’s not entirely your fault since trolling only works if other people take the bait.

A lot of people agrees that TOO MANY RESETS are bad.

“too many” as in “too often”. But if it’s a two week long, almost a once a year thing, then there’s no issue with having per character resets. The previous reset event we had worked fine and was fun. It doesn’t matter why people want to play around with resetting, it could be for fun, or maybe to fix builds, it doesn’t matter.
The only reason you’d want to limit and cripple the event is if you want to prevent other people from having fun.
Like the pvpboy I quoted above. He has his characters he’s satisfied with, but there’s a problem. There’s a problem because with each reset cycle, other players get closer to getting characters they have fun with as well. And he just can’t allow that.

4 Likes

I don’t even know yet as I said, if I’ll need more or not, but I think I’ll need more, simply because the theory =/= in game. You can’t know if you will like the way to play certain type of build, but maybe it’s not important to like the character you have. Havin 1 reset per day per character would have helped me a lot. IMC is only doing that to make players stay on their damn game cuz they are desperate, if you can’t see that I’m sorry for you.

No I really don’t care about your opinion, because it’s based on your only person, if you can’t talk about what is the best for everyone we are done here, and we have nothing else to discuss.

There is nothing about reseting everyday, or maybe it’s in the topic but I will not waste my time to search your proof, which will anyway result in a proof of someone saying he’s against.

What you think is not what will happen, maybe you didn’t understand that, but the game didn’t suffer from the amount of reset, actually it helped the game a lot, and by the way all the players.

Why do you bring up old topics like that which are just proving they were all wrong ?

1 Like

Okay lol, whatever you say there :smirk:

Sorry to break it to you, but VERY few companies spend time developing anything for the 0.1%, its just not realistic for them to spend resources on them, especially when a company like IMC has a small team and is always behind schedule. If they decide to please every demographic then great, but don’t expect it.

That’ just life. get used to it.

Saying something is fine or acceptable =/= defending it, it could be better but its not bad. It’s like you have this terrible black and white mentality.

I’ll say my points again:

• The event is not bad, it could be better.

• The event is not meant to be able to test out builds, its meant to reset a character to a build you are happy with.

• The event is not as good as it was last probably because the game was drastically changed back then, its not very different this time.

• They could improve the event by giving out one time limited reset voucher per character on top of the daily reset we get now.

• The Hidden class is fixed now.

The end.

5 Likes

Different things. Being fine with getting more doesn’t means I’ll be wanting more and more.

So you gotta be specific when asking. If you ask too many resets you’ll get a reply based on what you asked.

As well, having a more ample reset before doesn’t mean the current one is bad. You’re not losing anything. No one is crippling the event - it’s a different one and that’s it.

Now to answer this, let’s look back:

Why am I shitting up the thread if I get an answer like this to a legit advice?

Or even? Why am I the one shitting up the thread if I get an answer like this?

Sorry but I’m not the type of person to shut up when someone is acting like that. I can’t please every nor I try to. If you come talking stuff to me you’ll get an answer in the same tone, it’s simple as that. If you lack respect to someone, this someone won’t respect you.

It’s not going to hurt the game.

As well the current event isn’t going to hurt the game - that’s one of my points.

I’m doing the same. I accept your opinion. But if you want to convince me that the event is bad, yeah, I’ll ask for data.

We can either agree to disagree or present arguments to convince each other. If we don’t do either, this will get nowhere just like ot os right now.

Now you gave a bigger explanation on why you think about it like that.

It would help you a lot. Yeah, more resets makes life easier but all of us can live with less resets.

I told in the thread and I also agree with you on the point that we could get skill/stat reset potions separately.

But again, it doesn’t mean I NEED and can’t live without the extra stuff. Which leads to this again:

The current event is good enough, the previous one was better sure. But that doesn’t mean the current one is bad.

Sure, I totally agree I can’t talk about what’s best for everyone. Because it’s clear: majority/everyone always like freebies as long they don’t hurt the game.

But still it doesn’t mean that having less freebies than before makes the current event bad. If the first event had only 14 resets people would like that, it’s only “bad” because people are comparing both.

Yeah, there’s nothing about resetting every day there. I got what you asked: Example that too many resets is bad. I don’t have crystal balls nor mind reading skills, sorry.

I agree that it helped players to have more resets! But again, it doesn’t make this reset bad nor means who used ALL resets NEEDED all resets.

Wanting more is fine, liking more is fine.

Just don’t make dumb excuses or pull data from nothing to try to justify it and convince people otherwise.

That’s what I dislike and the only thing I’m continuously answering to you and @Kihseki about.

In a summary, I pretty much agree with @Valkoria list.

By the love of God… This thread decayed to cancer itself.

Let’s put this as straight as possible:

+rests > -resets
:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

5 Likes

I agree, but that’s not going to happen, IMC isn’t going to change that. You and I both know this.

3 Likes

Just share my opinions here, no intention of arguing… 0-0/

I think IMC just need to do these to improve this event :
-Compensate those who has over 14 chars with extra vouchers.
(Equal to the amount of their chars -14.)
-Make the voucher able to transfer through team storage.
-Extend the expiry date of the voucher.
This may help those who can’t reset all of their chars due to no time or other reasons.

As for whether IMC should give everyone more vouchers, like per char per day, IMO that’s not necessary. 0-0
Unlike the last reset event, the new patch changes this time aren’t that huge.
And we already have enough information in this forum, there is no need to “test” builds any more.
Instead, we just need to adjust our builds and choose the best builds for us.
Also, if we have that many vouchers again, this game won’t be fun anymore, we can try all builds without any sacrifices, and nobody will spend time to make new chars again.

In all, I think we just need “enough”, not “more”.

3 Likes