Tree of Savior Forum

Rank 9 prediction - Samurai class (as a Hidden class)

something something santoryu imc pls deer god :ram:

jedai - starwall class :smile:

taekwon is not samurai, wtf… LOLOLOL

Actually we need a class that uses 1 weapon in each hand.

Currently we only have Corsair specialized in that, while spears, 2h swords and shields have 2 or more classes dedicated.

i predict many c1 corsairs

mongolian warrior themed ,two hand sword/spear for weapon

themed like this for one hand user xD

need new range swordman class

either throwing or using pistol

I’ve made a thread about a year and a half ago stating some of these class ideas and I’m happy to see these come back. I honestly think Swordsman in particular needs more breadth of classes to generate viable build diversity…however, for some of these ideas to work, they would have to add some item categories to the game as well.

Some ideas:

-For Ronin, Samurai, and Paravir classes, they’d have to add “Curved Swords” or “Katanas” to the game.
-For Battlemaster, Edgemaster, Berserker, and Bandit classes, they’d have to add “Axes” and “2H Axes” to the game.
-For any other ideas such as Luchador, Brawler, Godhand, they’d have to add “Knuckles” to the game. (This would HEAVILY benefit future Priest/Monk classes as well).
-We need a class that can wield a full sword in its Off-hand to spice things up and have a focus on Evasion and Teleportation. I’m thinking “Duelist”. This would benefit Corsair and Fencer builds.
-Katanas would focus on having piercing damage and passive crit rate.
-Axes would focus on having both slash AND smash damage and passive chance to bleed as well as crit damage.
-Knuckles would focus on hasted attacks and a passive chance to stun.

Discuss.

The last thing I want to see in tos is a class based on a stupid, retrograde and sadistic “sport” that glorifies animal cruelty and makes spain an international shame (plus a ton of other things).

Sincerely a spanish dude.

3 Likes

I need a Viking. Where TF is my AXE?

1 Like

I think the new classes will be linked to the weapons that dont have any continuation in R9 (So no C2 or C3).
Dragoon and lancer is for spears (there probably wont be any new classes for spears).
Murmillo for shields.

My bet is they will introduce new class for 2 handed swords since there is nothing after Doppel.
The second class will be something that use dual wielding since fencer is already closed branch too.

After that all weapons will be covered till R10 and they will introduce new utility class in R10 (probably hidden one) and some new weapon class.

I agree, Taekwon (especially in RO) is much more than that. Being taekwon is a mystical journey in search of deep knowledge about who you is. It’s to believe that you can do everything with your effort, to the point of overcoming the barriers of physics and the impossible.

Yes, being a taekwon is not a simple word…

1 Like

LOLOLOLOLOL³³³³³

Ok, agreed.
I’m inspired.

Wow.

That’s was deep in feelings

Will we receive a rank reset when the new rank arrives, what do you think?

Probably, on R8 release they gave a rank reset, no? (I’m not playing in this time)

No?.. They gave us a reset after rank8, but i don’t remember what was the reason…

I thought ronin is samurai which lost their master, ronin is not kind of warrior, it should be a title

1 Like

I do like the idea of having samurai as high ranking hidden class but not as the two-handed sword exclusive user since they were trained to use much more than just that. Having samurai skills with low weapon restrictions would be more interesting, or having different skills for spears and sword, it is also a possibility.

As for having a knight class, it was already mentioned in the post, it kind of already exist in the game if you think about the progression squire -> lancer. Even though knights were also trained to fight unmounted with other weapons, fight on horseback was their primary job. Fighting on horseback effectively was a skilled craft, held with high regard throughout the middle ages In order to become a knight, you would spent 14+ years of your life in preparation for that (7 years as a Page + 7 years as a squire + previous education before being a Page, only becoming a knight by the age of 21). If IMC decides for knight class as a hidden class, they should at least consider squire as pre requisite, this would give you a reason to level up your squire past rank 7 :wink:

As for two handed swords use, I think doppel should have been a higher ranking class since they were arguably among the best greatsword users throughout the XV and XVI centuries. That only other class that I would consider for two handed exclusive is “Montantero”. Since in the game we already have Rodelero, which is a spanish term to describe shieldsman, we could also have the the Montantero, which is the term you will find in the old swordsmanship spanish/portuguese manuals for the warrior user of the montante (greatsword). This would represent way better Spanish actual swordsmanship than “Matador”

Another possiblity is having a “sword master class” since for most traditions, the greatsword is the final weapon to learn before getting the title (and in some cases also the license to teach), this is true in the spanish and also german traditions. In order to become a doppelsoeldner and have the license to carry a zweihander around, a landsknechte (german “lowlander” mercenary) would have to graduate as fencing master within the mercenary/fencing guild (Marxbrüder).

These are my thoughts :slight_smile: