Tree of Savior Forum

Rank 9 prediction - Samurai class (as a Hidden class)

IMC is a Korean company they will surely place a powerful ‘korean’ influence class.

so a class named Hwarang is mostly the likely candidate for rank 10 swordsman or archer. Which would probably include some taekwondo related skills if its not a mounted class.

I’m still waiting for that Pied Piper or that Shadowmancer

Where is our Amiral Class as an hidden class for those Corsair 3 like the Chaplain for Priest?
This could be focused on CD reductions and maybe a good aoe by summoning a ship !
This game need more pillaging and pirates. Yarrrhh
Time to Sail boys :ship: :ocean: :skull_crossbones:

1 Like

IMC PLEASE!

2 Likes

no one liked that class because it had no reincarnation option and it didn’t have an Advancement class that went to level 150 [reminder to ro 1 players who stopped playing when renewal came out which is understandable because it took Too long for release patch note; max level is now 150 on ro 1]

I know that Matadors uses rapiers or thin swords to finish off bulls in spain.

Probably inspired by Mexico’s culture of wrestling but I don’t see how a sword wielding bastard can give up fighting with swords and fight with fis- oh damn that’s overly manly if you think of it. :joy:

They just need to adjust Pillaging that it works on players in PvP.

Non-Corsair Player: Where do u go grind for silver/currency?
Corsair Player: Hmm i like to go PvP.
Non-Corsair Player: Why´s that?
Corsair Player: Oh its the best i can make out of Pillaging. Yesterday i went to 5vs5 and there was this P2W Retarded player, who doesnt understand anything from this game. BUT he didn´t locked his 2 Practoniums,~50 shards and he left his second +Over 9000 Weapon in his Bag. - Well guess who´s the owner now.

Joke aside i´d realy love a class which realy fits to Corsairs - probably a hidden class as u suggested.
Give us Pistol in Main-Hand - Archer can wield swords in offhand, so why not a sword class with Pistol Mainhand. :stuck_out_tongue:
I would realy like to use a rapier as Corsair, it would realy fit a Corsair - why not enable the “Equip Rapier” Attribute even for Corsair 1.

2 Likes

There’s barb, swordsman and coughtemplarcough (and shinobi). Does doppel c3 need more damage? Just get more utility with with wild attribute, swordsman buffs… or burst damage with shinobi. :joy:

Because then swordsman will be the only class able to dual wield guns…which would be hilarious and the best thing ever. :grin:

Or use your rank 9 choice to pick up rapier via fencer (or matador?).

Yep, this will probably be my choice - IF we ever get R9…
(I would have picked Fencer R8 tho, but i still wanted to have Shinobi aswell…yeah i want much…)

For weapon attributes i realy dont get why every swordman shouldnt equip weapons like 2-Handed Sword, Spears and Rapiers. Where´s the harm in enabling all Swordman this weapons, since for special classes u still need those weapons. But this will open up more freedom for ppl playing classes without weapon restriction. (At least style-wise)
For example u still need either a dagger or a pistol in offhand for Hexen Dropper - means u cant use it with 2-Handed weapons.

Hoplite for example will still get the Bonus Attribute for Spears at C3. So there´s already a favoured weapon of choice for some classe.

Well this is just me and i might not see the bigger picture here.

it wouldnt happen. why? cus IMC thinking is forcus on cancer things

Soul Linker was one of the most badass advanced Jobs ever created in RO.
He’s basically a high-tiered Plague Doctor with low casttime, dodging skills like ftw, self-healing and even self-ressurection + magic reflection.

There’s also enemy manipulation (defence reduction for attack multiplication, shrinking for movement speed reduction or defence multiplication for movement&attack speed reduction). Also, he was able to put every element in the game onto his magic skill to exploit ± every enemies weakness.

Btw, until Renewal update, Soullinker was the only Job in the game that had a skill with a level-based multiplier. Esma was not only affected by skillevel and your matk, but also by your baselevel, growing stronger as you leveled from 55/65 to 99.

I do see your point, I’ve played games where you can use bows and guns as a warrior (just not very effectively mind you).

For this game though, I see the the class progression almost as career stops on a journey. E.g. Swords3Barb1Corsair3 You’re a master swordsman who went with on a ship with some vikings, pillaging and being a barbarian finding a knack for life at sea or something along those lines.

When we think of a pirate using a rapier they are a fencer by virtue of the fact they’re using a fencing style. Having said that, sabres, which are apparently used in fencing, are in the swords category in the game…:sweat_smile:

A swordsman (base class) will not know how to use a spear without training, while a corsair will not know how to use a rapier unless they know have fenced before. That’s the kind of vision that I think IMC had in mind.

Although I would be happy if I could use my manamana on my taoist. :joy:

1 Like

I was joking with her because she was one of mitical Taekwon Ranker from iRO. :thumbsup:
Me and her killed mvps together (I was a Rune Knight).

Good times…

What would be fun to see is e.g. Nihang or whatever other Sikh warrior who fights with a saber + Chakram. Samurai is just too generic and overused already.

You’ve clearly watched too many old movies from the West. Rapiers are shitty weapons, they get wrecked pretty easily and have no way to penetrate anything that’s armored.Just looking at the Powerman 1[or was it Project A?] movie where the villain has his Rapier/Florett/whatever just cut off by Sammos Chinese broadsword swing.

Rapiers are basically the last weapon I want to use because all it can do is stab.
“Pirates” should use daggers or broadswords/sabers & pistols instead.

Why not a Dark Knight Class with some spells based on his HP and with a buff who can convert physical into magical damage ^^ ?

1 Like

[quote=“Karjalainen, post:22, topic:362051”]
so a class named Hwarang is mostly the likely candidate for rank 10 swordsman or archer. Which would probably include some taekwondo related skills if its not a mounted class.[/quote]
Hwarang and fighting? No way. The chance that the silla’s founding legend is true is higher than fighting hwarang. The best chance for a “korea” inspirite class do I see in a shaman class.

[quote=“Sera1003, post:28, topic:362051”]
Give us Pistol in Main-Hand - Archer can wield swords in offhand, so why not a sword class with Pistol Mainhand. :stuck_out_tongue:[/quote]
Swordman can wield a gun in offhand, so why not a archer class with sword in mainhand. I hope you understand what I want to tell you.

U rly thought i was serious there?..

In gaming communities you can never know.

1 Like

Berserker? we already have barbarian basically the same thing.

because i read this… i will comment

a hidden class for swordsman that can hold a one hand sword on off hand… :smiley:

or a hidden class that can make daggers main hand… so dual wielding daggers :smiley:

now every player in the server will get that LOL