Tree of Savior Forum

Rank 8 new meta build guesses

I suspect Wiz C3 / Pyro C2 / Linker / Kino / Sage will be the new meta build.

What do you think? :3

With all do respect, that sounds very wrong

7 Likes

I was just thinking of what would work well with duplicating Fireball and extending AoE range of Magic Circles.

My other guess was Wiz C3 / Pyro C3 / (Thaum or Warlock) / Sage

Not really, I think peoples overrated Sage+Pyro combo, indeed it will super fun to play and it dish lot of hit counts and damage over time. But yet, it require a lot of move counts and Animation delays in a relative close rage, which the control is complicated. You will still kite a lot with that combination

Lets look at current meta and what will change:

1. Wiz C3 > Elem C3
    Will still be the top grinder in party, but we will see more combination with other 2 ranks could be Linker C2 for ET to extend more targets / Thauma C2 for more Damage / Featherfoot for Semi-Healer / Warlock C2 for small area burst dmg / Chrono C2 for more control and haste
  2. Cryo C3 > Chrono C3
    Might be obsoleted by the rise of Psychokino C3 > Chrono C3, they can control better and deal damage at the same time, most Important they have more Gimmicks and more fun to play. Sage is a great utility for guilds related battle or event, but it doesn’t add much thing to Cryo3>Chrono3 in ET. Pyro C3 > Chrono C3 is great but I think they not good enough for meta.

Rising Meta:

1. Wiz C3 > Linker C2 > Necromancer C3
    I think the Archer Skeleton + Decay + Linker play a big part in it, it sounds big damage. But they probably same problem with bad AI and limited target, however we have yet to see Archer R8.
  2. Wiz C3 > Thauma C3 > Warlock C2
    This is not really a good build, but consider Enchanter that can provide skills like Fireballs or Flameground? The hit counts scale greatly with this build. Still maybe at the end they are not good enough for AoE targets.
  3. Linker C2/3 > Alchemist C3
    The main point is to have Homunculus recast Joint Penalty, with your own Joint Penalty and Joint Penalty from scroll, it did a big coverage and good for ET.

Peoples may hype for new classes, but not forget the current mature build combine with certain previous class would also be more powerful.

1 Like

Tough to say till’ we know exactly what we’re getting into with Sage and Enchanter. I’d keep an open mind.

Here are some meta builds I can think of that is with rank 8:

Pyro3>Chrono3>Sage
-would be very foolproof. with the upcoming patch, more people would get pyro3.

Pyro3>???>Alche3
-that homunculus will just deploy random skills and you’ll just have to kite.

Wiz3>Thauma3>???
-swell brain gets magic attack boost, making it more viable. Could be a skill scroll maker or a dps, getting either Warlock2 or Enchanter.

Wiz3>Linker3>FF2
-support-solo hybrid. will be hard to level up to R7. just imagine if flight can be shared thru spiritual chain.

Wiz1>Cryo1>Linker3>Necro3
-joint penalty+archer skeletons=fastkill

If Sorc’s buff kitty can be turned into scroll, I would certainly buy those from encha.

Oh yeah… I’m sure Swordsman would love to buy cat scrolls for +AoE Attack ratio :3

Yeah you’re right. People might Cast Fire Pillar, Fireballs, Flame ground, pass and cast more Fireballs and another Flame ground and then duplicate/extend their deployed magic ^o.o^

pretty sure sage will be able to duplicate/enhance party member’s ground skills as well and will have the green icon (support class) so it will be a great follow up for cryo-chrono. (also the class description as being able to control space-time is already hinting at synergy with chrono)
full support and full dps builds will continue to be meta, while people will still be doing hybrids for fun.

hello i have 400+h on a pyro and let me tell you that pyro will never be meta as long as the fireball have a physical status with other party member (basicaly people can shoot your ballz).

The skill is unusable in groupe, litteraly i am not exagerating. so cool stuff you pop 12 fire ball after a super long set up with sage, great now look at your tank or any melee class doing ONE aoe and it’s over.

1 Like

if sage’s ultimate dimension needs channeling to work, then pyro 2 would be enough

Trying both of these:

Wiz 3 > Linker1 > Sorc1 > Necro3
–> gets a huge boost at rank 8, with both TS and Archer skeletons getting boosted by Dirty Pole (missile damage bonus). Really no need to get those summon control skills imo, AI is really not that bad if you get used to it.

Wiz 1 > Cryo3> Sorc1 > Alche3
–> a homonclus summoning a 2nd TS? not really sure if it is going to work as a duplicated spell, cryo3 for CC

Pyro1 > Linker 2 > Chrono 3 > Sage

and

Pyro 3 > Chrono 3 > Sage

These two above seem much more viable and less hellish to level than the current Cyrolinker Chronos or Cryochronos now given the synergy between Pyros and Sage (and upcoming buff to pyros as a whole).

Same formula, full CON, full plate, yada yada.

So Pyros are getting a buff independent from Sage+Pyro interaction?

I stopped my pyroc3 > chrono1 , I’ll wait to sage come , this build is very risky , maybe not good :confused:

Wiz>Pyro2>Cryo2>Ele2>Alche3
Go for broke R10 .Let the hom do all the job.

iirc pyros are getting a buff, needs double check and source because im a lazy lil shiet

Yo continue building it. It has more soloability than cryochrono + the same amount of perks due to pass, haste, quicken, etc.

TS is not missiles damage, in fact all known summons in the game have their own damage type (includes zombies and shoggoth, not sure about skeletons) which deals half damage vs ghost, 100% damage vs plate/leather/cloth.

There is a chance that skeleton archers won’t be missiles type as well.

My guesses:

Wiz > Pyro 3 > Sorc 3 > Sage

Wiz > Pyro 2/3 > Linker 2/3 > Warlock/Featherfoot 2

Wiz > Pyro 1/2/3 > Linker 0/1/2/3 > Thauma 0/1/2 > Chrono 3 (unless chrono can sell Pass scrolls, then most likely every Chrono gets Enchanter)

Wiz 3 > Pyro 0/1/2 > Kino 0/1/2 > Elementalist 3

Wiz > Cryo 1/2/3 > Linker 0/1/2/3 > Thauma 0/1/2 > Chrono 3

Wiz > Cryo 3 > Elementalist 3 > RC

Wiz 2 > Cryo 3 > Kino 3 (possibly Wiz 3 > Cryo 3 > Kino 3 > RC ???)

Wiz > Cryo 3 > Chrono 3 > Enchanter/Sage/Thauma/Linker/RC/Necro/Sorcerer/Kino

Wiz > Cryo 1/3 > Kino/Linker 1/3 > Necro 3

Wiz 2 > Kino 3 > Necro 3

Wiz 3 > Kino 3 > Warlock/FF/Necro 2

Wiz 3 > Linker > Sorc 2 > Warlock/Featherfoot 2

Wiz 3 > Linker > Sorc > Necro 3

Wiz 3 > Linker > Sorc > Necro > Warlock/FF 2

Wiz 3 > Linker 2 > Necro/Thauma > Warlock/FF 2

Wiz 3 > Linker 3 > Warlock/FF 2

Wiz 3 > Elementalist 3 > Warlock/FF/Necro/Sorc/Pyro/Cryo/Kino 2

Wiz 3 > Thauma 3 > Warlock/FF 2

Wiz 3 > Linker > Thauma 2 > Warlock/FF 2

4 Likes

The answer is none. There is no point running anything but a PvP cleric at rank 8. A team of 15 PD2 Diev 3, with whatever filler will be unstoppable. Just buff up, then remove any buffs they have while having other PDs on standby to remove any magic circles. Then just use black plague and incinerator. They won’t have any debuff immunity, so you can just kill anything this way. Then setup silence trees (and owls if they fix them) as you make progress until you are in their spawn, then just put up silence trees and kill anything that spawns. Nothing can compare to this.

2 Likes

pyro3>crono3> sage ???

1 Like