Tree of Savior Forum

Ranger 3 pointless?

Other than for maxed Steady Aim, it seems to me that going Ranger 3 is kind of pointless with how skill damages scale mainly on ranks and not base stats.

Once you go fletcher c3 and any r8 classes (like Mergen), the skills that you get at later circles are much more superior and you would be using those skills more than lower rank skills (like spiral arrow) .

So instead of having something like:

A1 > R3 > Fletcher C3 > Mergen 1

this would be better:

A1> R1 > Sapper2 (broom trap; you just need to lay it down) or Hunter 2> Fletcher 3> Mergen 1

Thoughts? (first time making archer; also having a hard time elaborating on what I mean as well)

Refer to this thread, currently A2 (crit buff), R1, Scout1 is popular.

1 Like

so less dex and more str?

Yes, you may go with a high STR:low dex build if you are able to get crit rate through other means (gear, ellaganos cards, green gems).

I meant with the A2 path, since there’s a crit buff, you won’t really to try too hard (equip wise) for a high crit rate.

The crit rate buff takes your crit rate, and adds a bonus of 25%. It is a *1.25 multiplier. You still need decent crit rate to boost it.

The advantage of this buff is you may invest less into DEX (and more into equips) and still reach close to 80%+ crit on mobs.

1 Like

how about SR build? is Ranger3 useless too?

A popular Reiter3 build is Archer2-Ranger3 (for max lvl steady aim bonus).

Ranger3 is not pointless because most other class skills cannot be used when you are mounted.

Video of A2 Ranger3 Reiter3:
Reiter3 at dungeon 145:

Maxed Steady Aim is still that much worth it.

The power creep is no joke, and considering the high damage numbers coming from higher ranks, the % damage buff you get a lower ranks like Steady Aim will only be that much more valuable as the ranks advance.

The standard 2.0 fletcher is just archer1>ranger1>archer2>scout1>flectherx3 for a total of a2/rng1/sc1/f3, the a1/rng3/f3 is an old old build from pre-steady aim nerf. The only current build that utilizes ranger 3 is a2/rng3/SR2 atm.

R3 only works well with SR especially in ET when you have melstis. also, with the new limacon, you can do a mini running shot for field farming.

oh and dont even think about getting it for F3.

ranger 3 steady aim was got a huge nerf from 45% to 20% sadly :sunny:
would there be any good alternatives to a sr3 build than ranger 3?.

Basically anything unoptimized non-meta build. You can go rogue for the feint+barrage combo.

SR has 2 builds, and they both work, QS3 or RNG3, qs is just better for farming with running shot while your sr skills are on cd, and rng is better overall at aoe and ET (keep in mind if you choose QS you will be using a lv40 crossbow for 99% of your ingame life until/if you get a didel grand cross from a saluus cube)

Ranger3 spiral arrow not strong but it pretty fast. you can use it with quick combo(if you play rogue you will like this skill for quick snake attack, quick combo before runout of steady aim) or just use with full draw link you will see insane dmg that can kill even elite mob.

Archer2-Ranger3 > X > Canoneer
Archer2-Ranger3 > X > Musketeer
Archer2-Ranger3 > SR3

From old guide
Archer-Ranger3-Rogue>Falconer>Canoneer

Not a lot of build suit for ranger 3. That mean this will allow ppl to create a new path.

found spiral arrow also handy in pvp if you have any care in that.
just tap it two times quick on things that are injured to quickly kill them off

If you wanna go for Mergen:

• I wouldn’t take any STR. Go full dex with decent amount of CON. Mergen Base Attack is super high, 3-400 STR doesn’t do much there.
  • Mergen got 3 good skills IMO with ~30 sec cooldown, Auto Aim, Bounce and with Overheat. So in best case, you need 1 or 2 fillers.
  • All other skills should just somehow be utility, leading just to the way of Mergen

Im doing atm i.e. A2-R1-Scout-Fletcher2-Falconer-Mergen and i dont see the point of going Fletcher c3 if you wanna go for Mergen

But lv 10 magic arrow is so stong :octopus:

Why falconer? Only Parthian Shaft seem affect by aoe ratio and benefit from circling.

not optimal but hey, it looks like it works. but that’s just it, it works. like any other build you throw in if you wanna go mergen.