Tree of Savior Forum

Racism and Xenophobia

Yeah racism is bad, and the one calling Brs “monkeys” should get punished. BUT, they need to make something about the language on global chat too, like on other games the global chat need to be writen on a common language, that mean english, im Mexican and i always speak english on the global chats, because its an international server.

I agree with you, but so far, the main problem I saw was Megaphone abuse
The megaphone is sold in npc for next to nothing.
If after the launch, this item is purchased with iCash, that damn spam will end.
And if not end, it is because the trolls are willing to spend money, and therefore, even if the game is paid, it will still have troll

2 Likes

^ Also this.

Any time you put in a report system that lets you report for the SLIGHTEST offence, people are going to abuse it. Its easier if you just simply learn to not get offended or give those “12 year old racist retards” (that you are all so keen on pointing out) the time of day.

Just. Don’t. Respond. To. Them.

They can’t talk in yell chat all day, the game gives you limited megaphones.

Also again, its not bullying because you don’t have to face it. You can walk away so easily online. Bullying is bullying because you can’t get away from it and have to face it almost everyday. Otherwise it would be called “annoyed at the person making rude comments temporarily”… Which is what this is.

Its the internet, people say w/e they want. Whether or not IMC wants to waste their time like League of Legends protecting the cry-babies from the slightest offensive remark or not we’ll leave up to them.

But I’d rather they spend those precious dev resources elsewhere. Someone is ALWAYS bound to get offended at something. And I’d rather they just learn to live life and realize that the people offending them have their own issues as well.

Banning them doesn’t solve the problem either. But its closed beta so sure, they could take away their beta key and problem solved temporarily. Or at least the GM could message them with a warning, fine. Case closed, move on with your life.

I’d rather you all report bugs, balance issues, design flaws, etc than making posts about how one ‘derp’ on the internet made you slightly annoyed.

#priorities

3 Likes

I like to start my posts with “I’m Brazilian and…”, so let’s go.

First I want to talk about the print where some guy says that the lag is our fault because we’re using bots and hack. Well, I understand >nothing< about bots and hack, but I’m pretty sure that the lag is because we have more than 100 thousand people playing. But whatever, people has the right to think what they want.

Now about the topic, I agree that all this racism is ridiculous. They are generalizing an entire nation because of a bunch of kids, and they forgot that their own country has a lot of “toxic immature kids” too. BUT, I was talking with some friends through party chat yesterday when I saw 4 Brazilians “hueing” the global chat, spamming shiit all night and disturbing the other players… so, I can’t just defend us Brazilians anymore. It’s a fact that our “toxic kids” are way more “toxic” than the kids of other countries.

But other thing is, there’s a lot more Brazilians in the game that “hide themselves” and you guys don’t even know. For example, there are the ones that don’t talk in the global chat and just play with their group of friends (like myself). There are the ones that speaks normally in english, interacting with you and other people like real mature people… the number of “hue kids” is way smaller. What happen is that you can’t see the “civil Brazilians” because they’re civil like you. You won’t know that the guy is a Brazilian if you don’t ask… but you can see the group of 5 “hue kids” because they are different and spam a lot.

But again, all this generalized hate is ridiculous. It affects me, that didn’t do anything wrong. I’m 22 years old, and some years ago, I participated in an IRC Channel and had some nice friends to talk about anime… but when they discovered that I was Brazilian, they started to treat me like scum. Why? I talked with them like everybody else… they saw that I was “civil”, but… this stereotype marked me as nothing more than scum. Later I signed up in another anime forum and was treated really bad in my introduction, with people asking if I was there just to “mess the whole place”. Well, that’s just a little story of mine that shows how you guys treat us badly because of >13 years old kids<.

What should be done is a nice reporting/banning system. Find the kids that are disturbing the peace and remove their beta keys. Simple as that. Even here in the forum I argued with a Brazilian that said that he “hued” because he wanted you guys from other countries to hate us Brazilians even more. Where is the staff to remove this kids? I don’t want to pay for the mess that they cause again.

12 Likes

God , please don’t make it true…
For understanding: LevelUp Games is a brazilian publisher who poops every game it translate or bring to our country… I hope for another publisher, or steam.

1 Like

What some people don’t seem to understand is that the dumb kids who embrace the whole “let’s act like imbeciles” thing are as much of a hassle to us Brazilians who actually want to play the game seriously as they are to everyone else. I want them gone as much as everyone else, because not only do they ■■■■ up all chat windows, they also give us all a pretty bad name. I seriously couldn’t care less about dumb internet nation disputes, I just want to play and enjoy the game.

1 Like

-cough- literally 1 silver for 1 megaphone -cough-. This isn’t exactly “temporarily” at this point.

On a serious note, you don’t sincerely believe that ignoring a pretty obvious matter is a solution, do you ? This is just hiding the dust under the carpet, which is extremely wrong imho, even for a CBT. Especially for a month long CBT, reputations build up quickly.

You can call peole using report system “cry-babies” as much as you want, it still doesn’t change the fact that there are people violating the terms of service they’ve supposedly read (lol), which is unacceptable.

I’m merely tolerating it because as you said, we have other priorities. And I’m also well aware this problem will only last for the duration of the beta (no more infinite megaphones on the actual game, woo). But please, spare me the “oh it’s internet np” speech, this isn’t something normal and it’s against the rules anyway. Seriously I’m sick of places becoming as trash as /pol/ for the sole reason that “it’s okay because we’re on the internet”.

This is usually why there are Moderators, Guards etc. ingame, to make sure things don’t go out of control like it did yesterday for example. Not sure if there are any atm though.

3 Likes

Dont even joke abou it… Jesus Christ…
If Level Up becomes the publisher, i prefer to dont have the game in Brazil, at all

If you don’t wanna discrimination, speak in english in yell chat. Hell, I’m an spanish speaker yet I write in english at the game, except when I’m talking with irl friends in NORMAL chat.
Last night it was all about:
“BR?”
“BR” “eu br?”
“huehuehue” “br? kkk”
Spamming all night long. Who the hell could like you. Don’t make this game the next Tibi* or Runes***

1 Like

they are cursing us Brazilians at all times, calling monkeys and other hurtful things, I took screen shot of some comments saying that they should put IP block for us, and others who say they are like a DDoS attack, it really bothers much .

Yet you BR are cursing everyone in portuguese.

Read the 3rd and 5th parts of my post > Racism and Xenophobia

The “lag” part comes in because some bots/hack saturate/attack ToS servers. Also, i think people might be trying to say that some BRs are trying to DDoS the servers bc u know, brs huehuehue. I’ve br friends, but he himself dislikes his community. Its saddening that the majority of a country as big as Brasil cant speak english properly.

Edit: I dont think they are the cause of the lag by the way, just trying to explain the reasoning people have behind saying that

You guys are being disturbed by the huehue kids. Ok, that’s really bad and I understand all this hate against us Brazilians. But now think with me: I’m Brazilian and I’m paying for something that I didn’t do. Of course I (and others) would hate our own community. These huehue kids are messing with our reputation around the world and we can’t play anything because of them.

You guys are being disturbed… but it’s us (normal hahaha) Brazilians that are being prejudiced by this.

If you’re talking about the whole country, yes. And there are people who can’t even speak proper portuguese because of a veeeeeeeeeeery bad educational system that our politicians don’t give a shiit, since they just want to eat all our money (with less formed and capacitated people, more the government can steal from us without us knowing)…

But if you’re talking about just the people who play games online, that’s not true. I think that the majority of us that lives on the net knows at least a little. The necessary to have a basic comunication. But what happens is that the huehue kids likes to irritate everybody, so they use portuguese on purpouse, like I said here:

2 Likes

Hello. We are IMCGAMES TOS Team.

Since a large proportion of our fans from Latin America are participating for the test, we’ve decided to open a separate Latin American server.

The server will be opened within today, and the operation period of this server will be extended for seven more days compared to the other servers.

Enjoy TOS at the new server!!

Now, as we speak, they gonna open a new server, is not bad, but if IMC read this, please, dont be a ass**le and open one to BR, then one to the other countrys. Why?, because BR have the bigges shitty international conectivity. Actualy im from Chile, and if i want to play on BR server i have 300 of PING, because i have to jump from USA to BR.
And last, make all the char’s be universal on all the server, i cant even change of server because im stuck on one where i have my char.
Thanks TOS, and IMC games ^/^

the only way i can suggest this to developers is to have an option “BLOCK or MUTE” like DOTA and other MMO. This option makes the person unseen their racist chat but also to report to developer.

1 Like

IP block? Hahahaaha 2 days leveling/farm and now we gotta banned? No, i will stay in Laima. I don’t need NA/EU in my life, solo ftw ^^

Ah we’re monkeys? Stop xenofhoby, have a lot brs dumbass but me and others stay playing/leveling/farming and ours? I see a lot messages on global “BR HUEHEUEHUE BAN BAN” stop that and go TEST SERVER.

Sorry for poor English, i don’t care.

2 Likes

If they’re “giving” us 7 more days of beta test, it’s because they want to “compensate” us for possibly being IP Blocked thanks to the huehue ones. So, again I’m paying for something that I didn’t do. Nice, thanks everybody.

1 Like

You said everything. On top of this, we want to make up for time spent. No, thanks.

It’s not connectivity actually. Our countries simply do not trust each other. I actually learned this while majoring International Relations.