Tree of Savior Forum

Quit with that waiting in hidden class quests!

You’ve got to be kidding me, Archer got two hidden classes, and in their pre quests have objectives where you have to find something or someone every 2 hours, what the heck is that?

2 hours? To find a Flower? 2 hours? To find a npc?

Who had that freaking idea? How entertaining you guys think It is to wait for 2 hours for something, even
though it may appear randomly in some spots in the map?

By the look, the class that is most being penalized by hidden class pre quests is the Archer, because
even the Cleric can get a op class quite earlier than Archer, and the quest only involves chatting, and
even bots were doing those quests and getting Chaplain to do their grinding.

Please review those pre quests IMC, make the hidden class be hard to acquire because It’s challenging,
not boring.

1 Like

Miko quest is definetly harder … also Hidden Quests seems to be designed to be difficult. Most guides for those quests alert you of the difficulty of the quest steps.

Also one of the Appraiser flowers took 13 hours to spawn on Orsha xD!

Hidden Classes are not for everyone, you actually need to put extra effort to take them. Like real extra effort.

2 Likes

Indeed, but making a flower spawn between 2~12 hours is not challenge, is torturing, since the player will
be plugged on the pc watching to see if that crap spawns.

2 Likes

I agree, and people have been complaining about that since forever. All classes have hidden classes that require stupid waiting and random spawning.
It’s stupid because it’s not even challenging. Just boring. And it also makes you waste time… Not everybody’s a no life who can play everyday for most of the day and can “afford” wasting time camping flowers for hours, or even days.
I don’t like how they choose the easy way out by making those hidden quests “difficult” to get by just making us wait forever, when they could add truly challenging fights, puzzles, or whatever.
I don’t think it does anything to complain about it though, I doubt our complaints are being transmitted~

4 Likes

Not all of them are challenging, Chaplain is an exception, you literally talk with 3-4 NPCs which take you about 5-10 min and you unlock the master, just like that, then the quest is just killing 100 mobs in that map and done, you’re Chaplain.

They should’ve done something similar to the other Hidden Classes.

I also did Miko quest, took me about 24 hours to finish it all, camped Klaipeda spirit for 12 HOURS until it decided to appear, will do it again, not.

2 Likes

Can’t be more accurate, it’s been since day one of the rank reset event that I am trying to switch my fencer to shinobi.
With my work, I can only log in a few time and check the channels if by miracle the flower spawned without anyone taking it.

I’m pretty sure even after the event ends, I still won’t be shinobi.
I did the miko quest 3 times, and it seems way easier than just waiting for this flower.

1 Like

Can’t believe someone is defending this boring timesink. Literally camping for hours is “real extra effort”, “difficult”?

2 Likes

Do you know how to make it spawn?
Enter an empty channel, wait 3.5-5 hours and the flower spawns

@63scaur
You know … games are timesinks, right?

@dragonfeian

I’ve been getting mixed confirmations on this. People doing the appraiser quests have been able to time the gytis flower spawns and get a 2:30~3:00h between spanws. But the Goddess Garden Flower and Shinobi flower have had random results, with people camping them for several hours and not seeing them at all (I was there for a Goddess Garden Flower that was camped for 13 hours)

Games are–ideally–fun timesinks. Not just literally doing nothing timesinks. That’s the point he’s making. It’s not a fun timesink, a challenging timesink–it’s boring, it’s literally nothing.

7 Likes

I can agree with this. I think an alternate approach or solution could be apply the fixed spawn timer that Hidden NPCs for hidden quests use. The challenge would be on finding those timers and then securing the spawn for yourself or your friends.

I honestly don’t mind the waiting, if only it was consistent like for example at 12:00am and 12:00pm the spirit for X is gonna spawn, so you know that around that time you’ve to be THERE.

But instead you’ve to spend hours looking at your screen without blinking and getting anxiety in the process because you become so scared to even alt+tab or go to the bathroom or do other things because you never know when they will spawn.

1 Like

the waiting bit is the quick part. You can read a book or something for a few hours. Getting the other mats takes ages.

It worked in my case, and in other 7 ones that I know.
However I heard that it can despawns as well. That may be the case for you to not work properly

Agree, what’s the fun of it anyway. You wait infront of your screen checking it and waste your time plus money for something that actually not really worthed. You actually can Advance to another normal class that more worthed than hidden classes.

I think the reason for that is because they want to make it not complicated/simple, what I mean is ‘put RNG + specified time, done’ simple is that. Even if this true, why they make it complicated/hard to the players?. Why can’t they just put the spawn in XX.00 twice or thrice a day?. With that we can check it ever XX.00, not every single time.

The question is, ‘Why they not feel GUILTY after wasting someones precious time in they life?’

Korean MMOs was generally fun, a decade and a half ago…
Korean MMO nowdays however are comparable to Chinese ‘must cultivate’ novels or seasonal Japanese anime, it’s 90% same ■■■■, no longer made to entertain, just there to be sold/make money.
:cry:

1 Like

Chaplain hidden quest is fairly easy :v

seriously it needs to be review heavily, waiting 6 hrs for a flower to spawn + 1 hr to water it to collect it( i didn’t get it eventually since it disappear), its just ridiculous… for ppl who doesnt have the whole day to wait, its literally impossible to complete the quest, with the server population so less makes it even harder since u have to do it solo.

consider making it spawn at a fixed timing so we dun have to wait like idiots

I’m waiting for 7 days to get the flower on shinobi quest for 8 to 10 hours/day. I was in ch1 for 5 days, no flower. I was thinking that it was a bug, and yesterday I went to ch2, and in 2 hours a guy shout that he got the flower on ch1.
This is a hidden quest, and to do that, you have to search to know what to do. Why all this time to got just 1 item?
I wait a lot to get another item in fedimian.
It looks like IMC just want the players to just get afk classes like necromancer or chaplain.
It’s not funny, and I’m not playing the game for a week because I’m just waiting this f* flower.

I waited a long time, but I obtained the flower. Patience is a strong virtue of a shinobi… If you don’t got what it takes, you aren’t shinobi. The quest fits the class. Besides, won’t it be very fun when every swordsman is running around as a shinobi? I think not.
I understand the frustration, I really do. But, you have to clear your mind and the flower will come to you. Going at it with rage won’t help you obtain the flower. If that is how you feel, maybe focusing on a Barb play style might be your best bet. Doppel is op anyways if done correctly.

1 Like