Tree of Savior Forum

Quick Support Comparison Question

I would say they’re all viable in any circle. HOWEVER, each of them, I would say, have their peak circles. But again, it’ll depend on your party set up. You don’t really need Chrono 3 if you don’t have a partymate that has long cooldowns. You don’t really need Linker at all if all your partymates are AOE based. Thaum is probably the most well rounded support and will be useful no matter what party set up you have. Thaum also has Swell Body which gives 2x exp and drop rate. But the other two are better at supporting specific party set ups.

All in all, I’d say Linker 1 is enough but C2 is best. Thaum 1 is enough unless your party’s DPS revolves around Magic damage, then go C3. Chrono 2 is enough unless, again, you have high CD party members, then C3 it is.

Like I said before, party make-up is your most important factor in deciding what you should go with.

Yes, only C1 is viable, but…
some important skills are fall within these “Important Circle”, if you don’t get there it seem like a waste.

Chronomancer C3 is important because of Pass and Back Masking, in Earth Tower or PvP highly competitive content, timing is extremely important. Max Move Speed can make you easily avoid any AoE like Musketeer’s Snipe. If you only take C1 or C2, you might not make significant impact if opponent side have a C3 Chrono.

Linker C2 is important mostly because of Spiritual Chain, which can share buff like Deeds of Valor, beside that linking 8 mobs is more guaranteed compare to 5 mobs, the linking purpose to mainly to link out-of-AoE mobs with in-AoE mobs so your team can clear the screen at once. Especially each dungeon usually come with a pack of 8-15 mobs, 5 seems not significant, and C3 which added 2 (10 links) and no new useful skill make it seem not worth to get.

I understand now, there really just isn’t one perfect answer for every situation… you see I had started this threat to try and find what would work best in MOST situations, as in like in 6 out of 10 given scenarios, X class would outperform Z class, and Y circle is what makes it this way, but I’m starting to realize that that may be an impossible task xD

Are you playing with your friends? Or going solo and just going to party with randoms? If you’re playing with friends and can post their builds, then it’d be way easier to help you out with your build.

Honestly, I don’t know anyone else who is going to be playing with me right now (if there will be anyone playing with me at all, I have a few friends I will ask but i wouldn’t exactly call them reliable haha) so to be on the safe side, let’s say that my party experiences will be limited to dungeon finder groups/random grinding or dungeon groups looking for mages in my server.

I know that answer probably just makes things just as difficult to answer as before, but I hope it may help!

Edit: keep in mind also then that aside from spontaneous groups and dungeon finders I will likely end up leveling solo unless I can get into a static group of players or a guild pretty early on. xD

This might help you quite a bit. It’s a review/guide made by one of my guildmates.

It mostly talks about Linker 2 and Chrono 2. So not much info on Thaum. Although he’s since changed his build into Linker > Thaum > Chrono 3. Or something along those lines. But then we pretty much have a solid idea on our party make-up.

Oh wow, thank you! If I may ask, how did you find a guild already? o.o

I used my amazing personality and wonderful charm. Lel. Just kidding. I just applied to one of the guilds that looked like I would enjoy my time in. Got to know the guys, kept active with them and ended up getting in.

EDIT: Also I sold my soul to the devil. AKA @mikai

Oh! Cool cool, hopefully I can do the same :stuck_out_tongue: Is there some sort of guild finder in the game? I never tried looking for guilds when I got into the iCBT2 so I don’t know how recruitment actually works now that I think about it haha

iCBT didn’t have guilds implemented yet. I looked for a guild here on the forums. You can always go here:

https://forum.treeofsavior.com/c/A-category-for-all-things-related-to-guilds/Promote-your-guild-in-this-category

and read the Guild threads to see which one would suit you the most.

As for recruiting in guilds, I’m pretty sure it’s just by invitation.

Souls?? Where??

1 Like

ooooh, I see, thank you very much :slight_smile: also hello there slightly terrifying gif!

Oh I see now, your guild is the Crimson Knights, yes? Interesting! :smiley: Y’all have a crazy number of people already! xD

Yes, it is indeed. We have a bunch of nice people to hang out with. There’s also :cookie: and :tea: for visitors and applicants. Tho we’re not accepting any atm till the guild slot cap increase we still welcome people who wants to hang out :smile:

Aww, that’s nice of ya! Your guild page seems very fun and lively xD how closely linked will your guild be to “Mobakun”'s? Noticed he has a guild up that is recruiting and saw you comment on the thread some :stuck_out_tongue: the bigger the potential player group,m the more fun you’d have in a game like this, I think :slight_smile:

@Mobaboy is in our Discord channel and is actively discussing ideas/asking questions with us. Also being tortu… I mean treated extremely well by @mikai.

ah, moba-kun~
He’s a good friend of mine~ :smiley:

Oh I see! xD I may apply to his guild, then. I hope not being able to play much won’t be a problem D:

1 Like