Tree of Savior Forum

Questions for Pyro 3

Thauma buffs currently just increase your stats. Agni’s is a damage multiplier so yes they work together.

While the swell ktos buffs are nice. The amount of attack obtained from int is fairly low since its basicaly just x0.28 int for the combined boost from both arms. Thaumaturges attack buffs were underwhelming even back with only r7, and they will still remain underwhelming. Mainly due to fact that gems/hats/gear got massively stronger and transcendence levels will be easier to obtain with the recent ktos patchs.

Currently right now I get +732 matk with right hand wielding dagger, left hand, and swell brain.

As a level 321 full int my buffs will give 1087 matk with the new changes.

1087x3.8x1.8= 7,435

The Effect it would have on agnis + fireball 80% attributed would be an additional 7435 damage per hit as long as your already bypassed the mobs mdef with your non thaum buff stats.

I’ve think about going thauma 3 before, but the reason why i didn’t pick it up because like some people said, eventhough it’s skills getting buffed, i dont think it’ll be worth much end game. And since thauma is more intended as support, and i wanna make this char as dps, so i dont think i want it. Last reason is because the buffs is quite a lot, it taking up buff slots and i’m not a silver grinder so if i have to keep buying daino scroll, well i dont know how long my money can survive.

Now, one person suggest to choose WL-sage build for rank 7 & 8. I personally like it, but after much thought, i won’t take it. Reason is because in the sage thread, i read that the new skill for sage is more likely support category and thus making the class a bit more support oriented. And since i have another character with sage intended, so i skip to take sage for this build.

That leaves me with WL 2 or FF 2. WL 2 as we all know, currently not going well with new content. I “might” plan to skip this choice as well (depends on how good is WL 3 in the future), leaving me with only FF 2. I tried to ask in other thread, is it still ok to take FF 2 without taking wiz 3. And someone reply it’s still ok. The only thing i would lose is dmg multiplier from QC. And i personally not so bothered by it. So, in the end, i choose FF 2 for now.

Pyro3 Thauma3 vs siaulai solo:
With agni necklace of course

3 Likes

that’s nice but end game wizards are already using 2h staff, especially with blessed gem coming in fast, swell right doesn’t do anythng with 2h, do you think rods would still be a viable choice with offhand weapons for dps?

What’s her skill build?

Well you have to consider just by using a dagger you’re getting 121 + 150(max attribute) + int bonus from the dagger plus the damage from the dagger. If that out weighs the staff, then no.

I guess it depends, it allows you to be flexible by using a shield or a dagger in diff situations and ofc buff the whole party but I think staff out weights it in the end since transcendence gives % damage to staff while dagger elemental properties are fix amount + trading 2 circles for it. hope they add some effect to 2h weapon users, aside from the attribute of accuracy which is useless for a wiz

Pyro (from video):
Max fireball
Max fire pillar
Flame ground, hellbreath, firewall I do not know.
Her firewall tiles are 5-6? Probably high

Thauma:
Looking at the duration -> max swell left arm, max swell right arm, max swell head.

@ginoang_linx They added INT scaling on thauma left arm & right arm buff on KToS. Not big but is ok.

Still waiting for agni to be available in itos…

Mine has these:
Firewall14 (since only even levels increase aoe ratio and tiles…although divine might is not that uncommon…)
Enchant fire1 (no reason for higher lvl… The downtime is also nonexistant once i get chrono3)
Flame ground 1 (the atk difference per lvl sux, so it would only gain duration, but i would have to sacrifice firewall altogether, so i prefer a shorter ground with wall over long ground and no wall)
Fire pillar 9 (can anyone confirm what levels its aoe size increases?)
Hell breath 5 (i freaking love this skill. Thought would be worse, and i see the debuff quite often, so i think proc chance is indeed higher with skilllevel)
Fireball 14.

I got one skill pt unused as I cant decide whether to max ball/wall/pillar with it…
Might as well take flare1 instead of having it unused :^)…

Really wanna know if we are getting another wiz hidden cls some day, as i dont want to have sage in yet another character at r8… But i doubt it would be synergistic with pyro anyway, since thats what sage does already.

Kinda wish i wouldve gone pyro3 with my thauma3 char (which is cryo3thauma3sage instead).

In ktos, cryo just got changes to ice wall and ice blast:

ice blast now affects targets near ice wall and frost pillar.

maybe in the future, fire wall and fire pillar might get similar effect with flare.

yeah flare and firewall are underused, fire wall cd is pretty long with what it can do. there are lots of skills that needs some buff, like cryos gust, but I’m happy they are paying attention to lower circles like sapper buff, hunters,cata, sorcs,thaums,cryos sadhu etc

my fire pillar got bigger at 5 and I left it there so I assume at 10 it gets bigger.

yeah I noticed the hell breath debuff being applied more often with more investment but I did not scientifically test it out. at rank 1 it seemed to hardly ever proc.

so how about pyro3chrono33sage? sounds like a really fun build for pyro. Is there a limit to how many fireballs u can dupplicate?

No. But duplication only works on the original casted ones; ie you can’t duplicate a duplicated fireball. Also, you can’t duplicate fireballs that are inside fire pillar

Jumping on the thread to ask questions regarding Pyro–

I was thinking of making a Pyro3Chrono3Sage, but someone told me it’s a weird build because Chrono is basically support. :\ I thought Pass and Stop interact nicely with some of Pyro skills…

Would Pyro3Linker3Sage/Warlock be better then? Linker3 means I get access to Lifeline/Spiritual chain and better JP as well. Or I could do Pyro3Linker2Thaum1Sage/Warlock. Which build is better?

the future of pyro in endgame depends on agni necklace. It will MAKE PYRO GREAT AGAIN.

the pyro c3 chrono c3 is not a weird build. i think it is viable when agni necklace arives because your pyro skills will be good in endgame with it and most importantly, you will have supportive capabilities like pass that gives you a spot in party grinding because chrono c3 is very good.

i have a feeling that thaumaturge c2 might be worth looking at now because of the scaling with int for swell left and right arm that will come out in ktos. swell right arm can give you good defense buff and left arm for more base Magic attack and since it scales with int in the future, just run full int.

as for linker c3, lifeline is a skill that i think is worth running with if you have a party or friends that you play with very regularly. spiritual chain is also good but like lifeline, i feel that you need good communication with the party but i heard its pretty good in earth tower with a scout.

Yeah I actually wanted to make Pyro3Chrono3, but I’m kind of torn between that and Pyro3Linker3 now :\ (or the Thaum variant). What’s the Thaum change in kTos?

I do duet with my bf all the time, but if I want to go “full support” linker I think I’d better just go Pyro1Linker2Chrono3Sage.

Thaumaturge:

Swell Left Arm
Damage bonus has been changed:
○ 34.4 + ([Skill Level] -1) × 12.4 + [INT] × 0.15
○ Previously: 34.4 + ([Skill Level] -1) × 8.6

Swell Right Arm

Defense bonus when wearing a shield has been changed:
○ 40 + ([Skill Level] -1) × 14.6 + [INT] × 0.13
○ Previously: 40 + ([Skill Level] -1) × 9

Damage bonus when wearing a dagger has been changed:
○ 34.4 + ([Skill Level] - 1) × 12.4 + [INT] × 0.13
○ Previously: 34.4 + ([Skill Level] - 1) × 8.6
—from the wizard changelog in forums.

supposedly thaumaturge c2 is looking good because of the damage from left arm and defense bonus on right arm when using shield.

if you want to go full support, i actually recommend seeing if cleric might suit your playstyle more.

As for pyro 1> linker c2> chrono c3> sage, your build is really good support, but I am not sure if agni necklace can boost pyro c1 skills enough (might not be of concern if whoever you are playing with can do good dps)

Oh that’s a really nice buff. I wonder when the change will be implemented :0

I love playing cleric the most actually, but I kinda want a “dps” wizard class… that isn’t an Elememe xD Right now my cleric is more of a dps/hybrid support though.

Edit: Just to clarify: I had Pyro3Chrono3 as the dps build in mind, and Pyro1Linker2Chrono3Sage as the support one.

Thanks for the info!