Tree of Savior Forum

Questions about Cryo / Rune Caster / Warlock build (ongoing thread)

Ice Pike.

Ice Bolt is not bad, but its better for it’s freeze than damage, need high level to “instant”-cast.

Gust level 1, has 3 hits already and scales poorly, removes freeze which you don’t want so mostly a filler.

Snow Rolling and Frost Pillar are what you want to MAX for your damage, both are good at level 5, allied with Ice Pike and Subzero Shield (reflects damage). These skills are what you will really want to use when you get in late game. Mostly Frost Pillar with Pass is like the best CC for Earth Tower (not sure though?).

@moises_andre12

do u know what’s the cast time of ice bolt lvl 5?

It has 1 second fix cast time, so at level 5 you can cast level 1 bolts in 0.2 seconds already.

1 Like

Hey moises, Im thinking about a Wiz -> Pyro -> Cryo -> Kino -> Ele 3 -> Rune Caster (yeah I know Im using a class 8 rank that doesnt exists atm). What are your thoughts? The Pyro/Cryo/Kino/Rune Caster is to setup the combo with Ice Wall, and Ele 3/Pyro to do filler dmg in between bursts.

Its not a PvP oriented build, Im plan on doing more PvE but a little PvP at some point.

While I don’t take Wiz 3 for Quick Cast increased dmg, the sheer number of hits from frost could/flame ground could be on par, and ice wall combo is the big burst.

Getting Rune Caster w/o wiz3 is a pain. And why would you even pick pyro in this build? I’m pretty sure that no matter what class would be on rank 8 it would be 10 times better then pyro here.

I mean, you basically get pyro instead of rank8 class, that’s just sound insane for me.

For ice wall + psychic pressure combo XD (https://youtu.be/eZTzoobeLmU?t=18)

It looks pretty awesome and seems to deal a lot of damage… But I agree with you, Pyro certainly isn’t as good as a rank 8 class. It just looks sooo nice tho and makes me want to have it all lol.

Replyint to myself yay!

The issue with the build on the video, is that it relies solely on ice wall combo, which does a lot of damage, but has a 1m5s cooldown. So I wanted to have the PP combo, but with other cool elementalist skills as filler dmg, hence my weird build… And Rune Caster just increases ice damage by so much its a must have… Which leads me to 8 ranks to look cool i guess

This build is bad.
You’ll mostly be using an infinite number of skills while most of them will be pretty weak.

For the idea the topic is based on I suggest these builds:

• Wiz 3 > Cryo > Kino > RC > Warlock. You’ll have a cannon that doesn’t last as long as others, but hits with QC att, also your runes won’t have to be downloaded.

• Wiz > Cryo 1/3 > Kino 1/3 > RC > Warlock. Also nice, though your runes will take a lot of time to use, so it’ll ONLY be usable in boss fights where you can leave your party holding the Boss for sometime while you pump your combo up. Cryo 3 is better for this one I believe.

• Wiz > Cryo 2/3 > Kino 2/3 > Warlock. This loses the RC but I like it better, your combo will last long enough and both classes are the kings of CC. I’d go Cryo 3 > Kino 2 for PvE or Cryo 2 > Kino 3 for PvP.

1 Like

IMO wiz3 build is the best here for cryokino, as it scales very well with RC and has the best potential for rank 8+, but kino3/cryo3 builds are super good as well.

You may also drop RC and just rely on ally RC for max DPS. So the third build is very good and has most CC with damage comparable to wiz3 build. Though it scales not that good into higher ranks but is probably the best in current meta.

^ This one is both quite popular and good.

@moises_andre12

hi again =D

I was thinking about my rank 7… I want make a good choice for PVP mostly so , warlock looks better for PVE, u told about evil spirits of invocation and dark theurge , very usefull with evil sacrifice, more evil spirits more dmg if I’m right, but invocation gives evil spirits equally to the targets u kill, so I don’t think this would be helpfull in my dmg, basically the final dmg of evil sacrifice would count just with spirits of dark theurge, the final dmg wouldn’t be good enough I guess, just for PVP of course.

So the final thinking was that I would have just 2 awesome skills for PVP, Pole of agony and Mastema.

My 2nd choice for rank 7 is FeatherFoot, it have a lot of great skills for PVP, the skills have good effects. I would choose Blood Bath, Blood Sucking and Ngadhundi…

Please help with my thoughts xD thanks!

Warlock is mostly PvP, it’s cds are too long for PvE.

Feather can’t suck blood in PvP, because revelators are not Beasts, they are robots from other galaxy. So it’s a bad choice.

Also spirits are great for PvP, at least those that circle around you and you can shoot them to the enemy.

A curious thing about the visual effect of dark theurge is that, in some videos the spirits are like little black ghosts, but in other videos looks like brown balls, is that some kind of bug?

Talking about dmg only, I keep my doubt between feather and warlock

Blood Bath 5 , Blood Sucking 5 and Ngadhundi 5

Pole 4, invocation 1, dark theurge 5 , mastema 4, evil sacrifice

You can’t use 2 feather skills in PvP, that’s what I mean.

You kill any meelee class that come nears to you with Theurge’s 25 hits probably.

Pole of Agony is a close to certain death skill if you manage to land it because of DoTs.

Warlock and featherfoot are mostly PvE jobs but warlock does better at PvP.

Kino 3 is probably the best PvP class at the moment.

Warlock is actually extremely good in PvP, it’s only downside is high CDs.

If you look at top 50 kToS arena list, most of the players here are warlocks. I’d assume that majority of them are linkers and kinos, most likely.

Hello im a total noob and i was wondering if this build is good…? What can you say about this build??

[Wiz - Cryo C3 - Sorc - Rune Caster - Warlock]

If this is bad, what can you suggest…? I kinda want to have both RC and WL, im currently [wiz - Cryo C2] now

Thank you in advance~ :slight_smile:

I think Sorc R1 is bad, given the bad summon AI atm (so it’s either Sorc R2 or just drop it for another, more useful class–unless of course you plan on getting R2 when Rank 8 comes out, but there might be better classes by then)

what about wiz-cryo3-psiko-runecaster-wl ??

think that put a linker instead complete cryo3 is a bad idea. feels so much usefull have cryo3 for big cc.

This topic is very old, I was still researching on builds and liked the idea of Rune Caster, turns out you should only make one for specific purposes and even builds that look like they would combo well might not be that great due to huge cast times and cooldowns.

Wiz 3 > Cryo 3 > RC, meta RC build on kToS, probably focusing on any Ice damage or damage classes on rank 8+. Probably will be an awesome build with 10 ranks in the game, at 7 ranks I’m pretty sure you will feel bad.

Wiz 3 > Cryo > Kino > RC > Warlock, I don’t really like this build but it would probably work well, you would need Audra Staff (+Divine Might) to have a good Ice Wall and take the best out of it.

Wiz > Cryo 3 > Kino > RC > Warlock, Good for PvP, but you won’t use your runes on PvP because you don’t have Quickcast and Surespell.