Tree of Savior Forum

Questions about Cryo / Rune Caster / Warlock build (ongoing thread)

rune caster’s casting time is too long for pvp. and if u want debuff protect u get PD
wiz 3… you will never fully charge sleep anyway. why wiz3? wut?
wiz3 link2 is viable maybe with 10 ranks out. not 7 and in pve
psy3 is for raise. it works with pp. aoe cc basically. more dmg pp.
cyro3 might work pvp but u lose too much dmg all for a frost tree with 49 sec cd
just the subzero shield is good. it still works but more dependent on your team to deal dmg.
not sure if u know but rune caster is for icewall pp, not just to buff ice spike.

Hang on… Sleep needs to be fully charged to give the max CC time / number of hits? Cause back in ICBT the casting bar was just to show it could be interrupted, but if you casted it right away it used to have the max effect… This has been changed?

why wiz 3 into link2? as said its a situational build - not to be your “main lvling class” or your “first time ever character” - you might be doing good in teams - run around and link stuff + compliment your magic using team mates by buffing up their dps - if youre building a whole premate team you can do some awesome stuff cause mage #2 and #3 can do some neat combo builds NOT using wiz 2 and 3 or linker!

if you ever played ragnarok in the early stages you will remember how everybody created a sage for one purpose…ya got it?

the cryo 1 is “just another cc” if anything else is off cooldown and you got “nothing else to do than spaming freeze”

Not really get it.
Do you intend for PvP or PvE, Support or Killer role?
Do you aim for 1vs1 or 5vs5?

Runecaster is bad pvp class to begin with, high cast time and long cooldown. It need sacrify 2 ranks wiz3 to make it little better. Your team probably dont hv time in competitive game to cast many skills in chain.

Linker i think can be cancel with cure.
Psycho skill mostly you r fixed on ground or only good 1vs1. Rmb you controlled 1 of them but your team also lost 1 teammate.

Or Cryo3>Thaumaturge1>Runecaster1>Psycho1 to play defensive style brute thru frontline to control the field or even flip their ground circle.

Or Wiz3>Cryo3>Rune1 to hv quick icetree up and sleep.

Thanks a lot for the responses guys.

My intention would be to have a heavy damage with Quick Cast + Link + Ice Wall + PP + Isa and also provide support with Linker skills and CC.

What I wanted was a Runecaster focused on Isa damage and other stuff for support roles.

So you guys think that’s not a good way to go right? Even with Wizz3 the RC skills are not so viable for PvP right?

I also thought about Wizz > Cryo > Kino > Linker > Chrono 3 and maybe get RC or any new classes after that, woudl it also be bad for PvP purposes?

My intention is the 5vs5 PvP or GvG (more than 5vs5) so I would want a class that mostly fits both, thats why I thought about Wizz 3 since it’s buff will be very useful in crowded places (will it really?)

Also Rune of Destruction has almost the same damage output as Meteor, and the Ice Wall + PP combo is what I believe will end up being the heaviest DPS in the game for it’s duration, so I was hoping to K.O. one or two enemies with that and finish with a Supportive role for the rest of the team.

You guys are really helping me out, thank you very much!

I believe the point in Wiz 3 > Cryo > Kino > Linker > Rune Caster is that all of these jobs have huge utilities for future classes and stacks pretty well for PvP. If the future classes have any Ice Skills I can always stack that with QC Att + Link + Isa, and if they don’t I can think about getting Cryo 3 or Kino 3 depending also on what would end up better (and if there will be a 9th rank), But I’d probably go for Cryo 3 if the new classes are not that OP. And well, if they are I can just keep using all my old skills bc all of them are pretty good.

I find Wizz 3 more focused on PvP damage and Cryo 3 on PvP/PvE CC, the problem is I will almost never get to use Rune of Destruction in PvP without SS+QC, is my way of thinking wrong?

I saw this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdjsdLFafHY

What do you guys think about this:

and this build:

2nd a bad choice - if you wanna commit to cryo you need the C3 - ppl mistaken C3 with tree only - but nope its simply for the shield - shield is op making C3 op - the tree is actually pretty bad or more “situational” again - good players wont fall for a C3 cryo trick - obviously the 2 guys in the video werent good players after all i mean…no comment dont wanna trashtalk others

if you wanna go for a 1 v 1 the first tree is pretty good - warlock looses importance in 5 v 5 tho - there are more effective “sniper” classes to finish off ppl you control - and again rune is without any doubt overpowered in pvp i still dont get how ppl claim “Its bad 8 sec cast time” have a supportive mage in your team like the one i suggested and your rune - cc combo gonna rule teamfights - focus down pds if the enemy team got them and youre good to go - rune > pd by faaar but rune + pd another op combo…having a wugushi in your team and…oh well dont wanna go in depth with all the stuff you can do in this game

@sephi4321

Thanks again, so the 1st build would probable be awesome for Bosses and 1x1 purposes, but would lack damage for bigger crowds, only being able to do CC right? I thought the 2nd wasn’t going to be good but I really like RC so…

So my final 3 options seems to be:

Wizz > Cryo > Kino > Linker > Cryo > Cryo > RC

Wizz > Cryo > Kino > Linker > Wizz > Wizz > RC

Wizz > Cryo > Kino > Cryo > Cryo > RC > Warlock

are they fine? what would you change in none of them are really good?

Hope you guys can advise me on which of these three I should take, considering this is my PvP char, I will be doing from 1vs1 to 35vs35 so I need a build with the purpose of fast killing and providing support while my killer skills are in cooldown.

It doesn’t need to be fully charged to apply it for the full duration. Nothing has changed in ktos.

cyro kino linker builds are simply just weak because you have 3 lvl c1 classes and not stacking to c2. also linker and cyro dont really synergize

Sure you are right as for PvE, but in PvP it may work.

Isa+IceWall+PhysicPressure combo is very powerful, but it also very demanding, I don’t think it is practical for competitive PvP, but random PvP is okay.
Due to long setup time (<15s), long CD (180s), full SP spending and target have to be static.
Should be no problem at all for regular boss, setup cannon > burst > recover > repeat.

Wizz > Cryo > Kino > Linker > Cryo > Cryo > RC
PvP 1v1: Pretty weak as no true dps skills, the only chance to win is to keep CC spams, you have no chance to setup your cannon.
PvP 3v3: Not really tolerate for you to spend <15s to setup cannon, your 2 teammates will face 3 opponents. Better to cast IceTree freeze your opponent.
PvP 5v5: You teammate need to hold you up and buy time for you setup cannon, once success your team will win.

Wizz > Cryo > Kino > Linker > Wizz > Wizz > RC
PvP 1v1: No chance to win, you have no DPS skills at all.
PvP 3v3: Your setup time is faster ~7s, but the amount of ice shades you shoot is limited, since IceWall higher level = more hits, but it is more practical in PvP compare to build above.
PvP 5v5: Same as 3vs3, it easier for team to hold you up for 7~8s.

Wizz > Cryo > Kino > Cryo > Cryo > RC > Warlock
PvP 1v1: Same like first build, but Freeze + Dark Theurge simply kill your opponent.
PvP 3v3: I think you should play same style as 1v1, cc+kill fast > setup cannon.
PvP 5v5: Same as build 1, you need a good team to hold you up to setup cannon, else you should main CC + Warlock.
*I think this is the best build

1 Like

So I made up my mind and got to these 2 builds:

Wizz > Cryo 3 > Kino or Linker > RC > Warlock

Wizz 3 > Cryo > Kino or Linker > RC > Warlock

SO, I believe Wizz > Cryo 3 > Kino > RC > Warlock would be the best combination, but Wizz 3 may outclass it for future content purposes, what do you guys think?

Should I really try this path or Wizz 3 > Ele 3 > Other Class will always be better if my main purpose is not Support. Is Wizz 3 > Ele 3 the best combination for future contents? Is it better than my build above?

Just my two cents, but Cryo C1 won’t last very long to do the combo with Psychic Pressure. I would go with the Cryo C3, as it also provides some viability for support if you ever PvE (Frost Pillar as well as other freeze chances) and allows for rank 10 Subzero Shield for PvP, but like I said this is merely my opinion, Wiz C3 in general can’t go wrong so it’s your pick!

@ileh_rekab

I thought about using the staff that gives +2 on cryo skills to get a level 7 ice wall, not sure if it’s viable/worth it.

That definitely could work, I would say, unless you wanted to go for a rod/dagger combo of course xD

@moises_andre12 hey, what do u think about sorcerer in pvp?

I like this class but I don’t know if matches with pvp, so I made this 2 builds and don’t know how is better or if sorc worth it to pvp… can u help?

@LadyFullbuster

Sorc is not too bad for PvP, but it seems like it’s also not too good, the best skill from Sorc to PvP is the familiar.

If you take Cryomancer, take it to C3, there’s no point on keeping it for C2

1 Like

@moises_andre12 mmmm I see…now my doubt is about ice bolt and gust, I need dmg … wich one have more? I’m confused xD

I know that ice bolt dmg is good, but gust hits like 2 or 3 times based on freeze status…