Tree of Savior Forum

❓ What exactly happened this month (Nov 2017) that made a lot of players stop logging in?

All here :

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:VO8cBD3KplgJ:https://forum.treeofsavior.com/t/how-to-make-1kk-per-min-500kk-in-1-day/374061+&cd=1&hl=fr&ct=clnk&gl=fr

Even if IMC try to delete the post xD

Why my post is hidden ? things move when you talk about it, not when you hide your head in your ass.

2 Likes

Google doc for posterity : https://docs.google.com/document/d/1K7myMVh0O1jGhQjf9DJw_hLzrojcPNRRYx9soq7ImgM/edit

Why my post is hidden ? things move when you talk about it, not when you hide your head in your ass.

I came back just a few days ago, with my last playtime being some time in October as well, so some time between then I quit.

For me the reasons to quit would be:

1. Boredom - There’s not much to do when you’re bored of combat. I imagine for those who are maxed out, especially, there’s not really things that aren’t going to get repetitive if you’re into exploring new maps like I am. I’m enjoying just questing/killing stuff now since the new maps are nice to look at, but I bet I will get bored again soon. I would think having something like a housing system could help to alleviate the boredom for those like me who enjoy more social gaming or role play when there’s no more mood for combat. I doubt this will happen, though.
    Fishing COULD have been fun, but you essentially just AFK with it, so it’s extremely boring and you just do it while you sleep or alt-tab to another game or browse the web. I’ve honestly only done it once while out to dinner, because every single other time, I have just simply not remembered to do it at all. It’s just that boring and to me, it seems pointless to even think about it, and that’s why I always forget about it even when I’m going to AFK, I’d just rather shut the game off and save my electricity. Maybe something like a life-skill leveling system would be fun, kind of like how Mabinogi has skills for gathering/crafting stuff (primarily ranked for the stat bonuses) which also give EXP to your level in general. It’d at least give more options than just combat to level up.

2. Loneliness - The game gets lonely especially if you’re like me and love playing just to level up or hunt in PVE in the free fields. I’ve been seeing maybe 3-5 random people per day, in the many fields I’m questing in from level 1-80. Don’t know if maybe everyone’s just in some private dungeon instances or somewhere hidden all the time, but the game feels really dead to me and likely to any new players who join as well, which just contributes to everyone feeling lonely in what should be an online multiplayer RPG. Even the main towns on Ch 1 and 2 feel empty if you take out all of the AFK and shop players. The chances that someone who isn’t AFK will actually talk when you try to talk to them, is a whole other factor to include for loneliness in this game. I think some of the players I saw in the fields were actually bots, because they had gibberish names.
    It doesn’t help with the shout chat mainly being used by bots or to advertise markets, so you can’t really chit chat in it. Even if you try to say hi, chances are nobody will reply. Heck, I just said hi like 30 minutes ago in shout chat in Klaipeda, and still no reply, just a guild recruit post.
    Also, not sure if this is some bug that they never bother to fix, but the Party search doesn’t work for me at all. I’m thinking this must be the reason nobody seems to use parties for socializing anymore, like it was when the game first released.
    Another thing, I actually do have some friends who play, but they also quit because of the reason of levels being too much of a factor of who you can play with. You can’t help out low levels as a high level cleric for example, because you’ll just be KSing when you try to heal them, and they won’t get EXP from it because the party restrictions of the level gap. After playing FFXIV And GW2, I really wish they’d adopted their temporary level-down system for partying with low levels or being on low level maps, among the many other features they have that would save TOS.

3. Frustration (careful this is TL;dr) - There are many things of this game, both intentional and bugs, which really frustrate people like myself and have virtually no chance of being solved. There’s just way too many things to list, but I think the biggest things that could turn players away or make players quit would be…
    Bugs that they refuse to even acknowledge or try to fix. Too many to list.
    IMC not really caring for player input or suggestions to make the game better. Or they don’t send our input/suggestions to the Korean HQ. Either way, it’s bad and affects how players see the company.
    The extreme restrictions/screwups that are bound to happen while trading even after a few improvements. The game does tell you that if you trade “certain items” without both being token users, they will lose their tradability after traded to that person… but they don’t tell you which items will. I traded stuff for multiple classes, to my fiance while he’s on my alt account, BOTH accounts being token users, in attempt to transfer items, and ALL of the items became 100% soulbound, despite the game not listing anything under “These listed items will be untradeable after trading”. So I had to throw out ALL of the items that I wanted to give to the team storage. It was a huge disappointment, that would probably cause anyone else invested in the game to quit, but I was just, “whatever”.
    Another thing is the cash shop being SO expensive. To players who don’t care about appearance, they probably don’t care/understand, but for players like me who are ALL about appearances in MMOs with character creation/identity, it’s majorly frustrating to have to pay tons of RL money. The (good) hair prices for example are roughly $20 which is way too much. A good-quality wig IRL costs closer to $15 and can be styled/cut however you want, and is actually 3D.
    Another big thing for me, though a common thing in MMOs, is the implementation of gambling in a game that is rated T and not M or Adults-only. To me this is the biggest problem in MMOs in general, as it exploits people with a brain disease, and even to foster/create the disease in minors, in order to profit hugely, more than they need to “keep a game alive” as they could sell things through the normal cash shop directly without the manipulative practice. “White Knights” who like to claim the game can’t survive on this, are just as bad, if not worse, for reinforcing these games to keep gambling-addiction exploitation (something I believe SHOULD be illegal/banned) a thing. If they’re having troubles with selling their cash shop cosmetics, it’s due to the extreme pricing that a lot of people of average-or-lower wealth (majority of USA, and even more of the whole world especially South America and South East Asia) players can’t afford or refuse to buy it for such prices.
    To add insult to injury, they’ve already said that they will no longer release new costumes in the cash shop directly, and only include them in their gacha-gambling system. You may think, “You could just wait until it’s available for medals”, but after calculating the cost of how much TP you would need to actually afford anything in the medal shop… it’s just totally extreme. I would not spend $30-60 (30 only if you’re really lucky to not get the cheap junk that only gets 5-10 medals!) for one costume, especially when most of the costumes are class-locked, and just about all being gender-locked.
    I wouldn’t mind so much the normal costume cash shop prices (if comparing to Aura Kingdom clothes prices), actually, but if only they had costumes I actually wanted (which were either never available for direct purchase or were limited-time when I wasn’t playing, so I missed it) like the sailor hat/uniform and bunny outfits. =_=
    So, their gachapon gets NOTHING from me. I’ll just buy affordable/cheap costumes from other games or make my own in games like Second Life or VRChat.

I can see that this game’s cosmetics switching to gacha, will most likely turn out to be the same problem as Mabinogi. Forcing people to either become gambling addicts, or force people to buy silver and support MORE BOTS in order to afford the few overpriced buyable outfits on the player marketplace. It’s probably the biggest reason a game will have gold/silver bots, because things become TOO valuable, and cannot be bought with legit-earned in-game currency.

And that was why I permanently quit Mabinogi (which also has a dying population crisis like TOS, hmmm, wonder why???). You could not afford any outfits on it without buying cash shop items and re-selling it for in-game money, or buying from gold bots, because no human can earn the money that the gachapon outfits cost, and the outfits had maybe a .01% drop chance because of how much crap (like potions that NOBODY wants, and they KNOW THAT NOBODY WANTS) they fill the gachapon with.

PS: Man, I already don’t feel like playing anymore. I feel like the only reason I’m still playing honestly, is because of these time-limited things from the returning/new player event. :frowning:

18 Likes

Tree of Frustration :tired:

5 Likes

I agree with pretty much everything you said in your post, but want to point this out just in case: This sounds like you guys were using event tokens. Unfortunately, these don’t come with trades even though it even says you have token enabled in the trade window while under the effects of the event tokens. Otherwise, anything that can be traded will not become soulbound. Another alternative is that they were real tokens but one of the accounts ran out of trades. In either case this probably just adds to your frustration point further, but I just wanted to let you know for the future just in case.

I feel the same :open_mouth: let’s be friends mate :smiley::cocktail:

Except that it actually doesn’t show that you have a Token enabled.
If you have an event Token and not a real one, when you trade, it shows the “Token” part greyed out and says you don’t have any active Token or trades.
From my past experiences, if you have an event Token on or if you ran out of trades, it will tell you about it… Even tell you “it’ll become untradable”. I think people just don’t read the pop-ups on their screen.

Oh look a new feature has been implemented on the latest patch.

It affect a few players it seems, I feel so special lol.

1 Like

I stopped playing in may, because imc have released that gacha system that gives practonium. Since that day I realised which would be the future of the game. I came back after these months to see how the things are going, and it’s really bad. One reason I think that made the playerbase drop, was the release of some new long waited mmo’s, like closers and mu legend.
I liked a lot TOS, but I have to admit, in the way this game is now is impossible to enjoy.

I will be honesty with you, I don’t find any of these interesting, then again, it’s my taste.

But anyone have to admite, their devs do all they can to keep things working as they should, at least, to keep their players and customers.

I love ToS first objective presentation, now I don’t feel anything anymore for it, the first presentation left me thinking of a mix of MMO with social networking feeling (that is based on a translated interview with Mr. Kim).

Now I only see an empty bag waiting to be filled with money from Scam Shop (forget the Cash Shop).

Because for me, at least, no matter how much I would waste my money on this game, there isn’t anything interesting to buy, except costumes, which I think, isn’t that interesting for now, or at least the game don’t offer the worth of buying said costumes.

Because by the end of the half hour I logged, I’m already feeling bored from doing the same thing, over and over and over and over.

That is, not counting the how many times I have to re-open or re-log the client due to crashes/disconnections.

If you ask me about where the said interview is, I’m not even sure if it still exist. Maybe it was just an hallucination.

2 Likes

idk lately i prefer to read the forum than playing the game

7 Likes

IMC running it into the ground, endlessly.

4 Likes

@hkkim isn’t it time for you to make a post like this again?

huehue

2 Likes

BDO and RO 1 opened in south east asia ~

1 Like

read between the lines boys, hk kim’s true agenda for starting tos

Anyone other than @diss_sebastian start a lawsuit against TOS yet?

1 Like

The problem also that I see is their Intense Rebalancing. Some of the class yes, they became good and some of the good class became bad, and lastly some of the bad class remained bad.
I hope they really looked into all of the class properly and play them and make a FINAL DECISSION about it. Not that time to time they change/nerf/boost…
It’s frustrating to us end user to feel this blow they are giving to us.

I know IMC your thinking… but not enough or close enough to really see the essence of those classes.
I believe dev’s only have a creative side but down on analytic assessment of this game.
They just simply make skills more weak or super strong, that wnding up more imbalance.

After playing GW2, I just think IF ONLY ToS can adopt some features of GW2. :frowning:

It won’t happen

1 Like

obviously isn’t it? i was wondering if Kim-ssi still handling tos rn, since he nvr made any public appearances or vid lately, cmiiw

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.