Tree of Savior Forum

❓ What exactly happened this month (Nov 2017) that made a lot of players stop logging in?

Sorry, not trying to stir the pot. It’s been more than a month since I last played (just on hiatus waiting for major patch), but once or twice a week I check the website and forums for any update. There’s definitely lots of promising ones I’m stoked for.

Today I randomly just decided to check the SteamCharts for TOS, being one of the good ways to see if anything’s improved (increase in players is almost always a good sign of IMC doing something right), and was surprised at the lost of nearly ~470 players as of this writing since the start of November bringing down the total average from 2.2k to 1.7k. The game actually did fine last October since there were only about 20-ish players that stopped playing.

What the hell exactly happened? Was another similar game picking up those players? Did an event or two caused some players to quit? Was there a major bug that badly affected a popular class/build? Massive crackdown on bots perhaps?

Please enlighten me. This might also be a good way to let IMC know what’s up if they haven’t been able to figure it out yet.

ps I stopped playing back then because they couldn’t be bothered to fix the damn perma-debuff bug in TBL for awhile (I couldn’t use my Kino without people hating me). Hopefully that’s fixed now.

3 Likes

he he…it’s because of extreme poor handling of events that are heavily exploited. That and giving out solmiki weapons.

3 Likes

These are the few reasons i can think of right now:

• BDO SEA CBT or something

• Lots of iTOS players testing at ktest / kTOS

• The most obvious one, dismay with the recent events that have transpired

plus some (odd?) reasons such as a friend of mine uninstalling the game because he wasn’t able to +11 his weapon (0 pot now)

1 Like

Sorry, which event exactly? I’m checking threads but couldn’t seem to find any except for people pointing fingers at one another. I could be wrong though.

Nothing happened, which is exacly why, like you said you are waiting for patch, so are many others, only boring dailies today, many already have full miki and trans 10 and 24124alts
We need content

1 Like

What happened? the answer is simple: Nothing.

4 Likes

IMC should have created this thread with a poll too, to survey its remaining playerbase, but whatever at least they can ignore this thread too.

I personally left it because i’m waiting for R9 and 360 expansion, also the events right now are not encouraging me to play

3 Likes

But nothing much happened in October too. I guess people just got tired after a month since then, especially with the stupid perma-debuff bug? Kinda weird though with the exodus.

It’s the third month without any big update and other games are actually trying to do something to attract more players and to keep their playerbase, unlike ToS.

4 Likes

Yeah, it really just boils down to lack of any content and updates. A lot of people are tired of the same old stuff that has no purpose to doing, the games had the same end game for over a year.

1 Like

At least to me the Buged/hacked/laged hallowen event makes me want to quit and then IMC still give the solmiki box to the cheatears really makes me feel like all the bad moments and angry moments I live in that event are for nothing, I’m a legit player who buy his tokens to IMC buy some TP and I don’t want to leave the game but I can’t support that kind of unfairness.

1 Like

The general population wasnt happy thats why they stopped loggin in.
We had a bunch at the Halloween events, while we have a couple getting launcher bugs for 2 week straight. Somewhere at the start of the month was a wave of lags that hit every single server.

1 Like

Bf can’t play at all, too busy and won’t play until rank 9 content is released. - 1 player.

As for me, I can still log in occasionally. For the past few weeks I was logging in mostly to claim my daily event rewards (too lazy to do anything else.) But then IMC did something which resulted in having all my hard-earned shards deleted from my account. Now I’m just demotivated to play overall, mostly because I’m just a fairly new player working towards her first Trans weapon. Just like that IMC deleted all my progress all because I happened to claim some compensation reward and I had no idea that it will be taken away from me a few days later (sorry for my inability to see the future.) P. S. Same thing happened to my boyfriend’s account. Rant over, I guess.

Just waiting for rank 9 right now. Will I stay after that? IDK to be honest.

TL;DR: Bored because I have no one to play with at the moment, and unmotivated because I got IMC’ed during the last event. Now just waiting for new content.

8 Likes

That’s my reason, I don’t see why should I keep playing right now without any kind of new contents, it’s even worse to wait for something new and exciting bc we all know about all of the good stuffs that are already out on ktos (r9 and other contents), I want that patch :sad:

Btw all of these recent events are silly and boring.

I’m done with my miki gear, almost all of my 13 characs are 330 , so no more exciting things to do.

I also have a few friends who aren’t playing for same reasons.

Note: The forum looks a lot more crowded than the game itself , main discussion theme > Rank 9

Don’t forget the attribute bug which lasted nearly 1 month

3 Likes

Is it fixed already?

According to some players i asked and what i felt till now, yes its fixed

Good to see you Biskee! Think all iToS users are waiting for some content updates.

1 Like

Lack of balance updates + horrible handling at the events + trying to get players back with “returning” events and “new player” events instead of giving support to loyals/constant players who had difficult times leveling without gear/silver/leveling bonuses back then

Another Reason many are not here at the moment is that there are too many games to play in November, check Total Biscuits Podcasts for details~