Tree of Savior Forum

Question on Fencer

Hey,

I am a new fencer with around 33k max damage, overlord and fencer vv. I found that, compared to those fencer i found on youtube, I can’t do the thing they do like Tel Hersa 7 in 5 min or so, i am having issue even for stage 4.

So, would like to know is it because I don’t have ark and Dahlia, or is just be being noob (in which case, please help me on optimizing my character).

Gear makes a huge difference in this game. Also strongly depends on what the other two classes are you use (I assume Matador and Barb?).

Yup I am Fencer Matador and Barb. i do have glacia, overlord, vv and drakonas. So the only thing I can think of is probably missing Ark and Lucifier.

Just want to know why my gap to those on youtube is so huge, is it really due to ark.

Thank for your response.

Hello Hyperspeed,

Most of my omegaton damage comes from Ark so highly suggest get that first if you wanna contest or make your life a lot easier.

Thank you

Omegaton :rofl:

Thanks for the info, as suspected, Ark is the deal breaker.

Be sure to max your enhance art too, those can give a punch in your dmg.

1 Like

Do fencers use overload or channeling set? I see some fencers running the channeling set over the overload set. Not sure.

Channeling definitely works because pouncing is one of the hardest hitting skill plus one less key to spam every 1min :rofl: However, I am not sure if it is still viable after the coming patch in 2 months or so where pouncing no longer works with Epee i think.

I am using overload purely because of my luck with dark frag and is cheaper.

Do you by chance have a link to information on that patch?

I can’t link right now but it should be mid December from Ktos website.

Epee I think only scales with Pierce damage so Pouncing (Slash) won’t benefit with the final damage buff. ;(

12/10 Update 2 KToS

@donan Here you go; Google translate does an okay job if you don’t read Korean.

1 Like

Which arts should be a priority? I am in the same boat as OP (almost the exact gear) and I have been focusing on Fleche art.

Hello Lakron,

After today imo focus on Fleche if you’re using Laven VVR.

Great thanks! Do sept after?

yes, sept next and then attaque then you should be set

for Fencer, which skill gem would be recommended?

Fleche skill gem.
optional frenzy, gun ho.

Is me again. Any good fencer around can share their skill rotation because when solo i tend to have some gap which i used to spam faena but faena just too weak and the animation is too long.

Appreciate the help!

wat skill did u upgrade if ur faena is 0?

also, do u have VVR rapier ichor?

Ya, that the thing, faena not that good, but the only thing worth putting point in

Ya I do my both rapier VVR. I usually spam either faena or corrida during down time but this 2 skills do have slightly longer animation which could cause some issue. Which is why I wonder for good fencer player how they manage the rotation.