Tree of Savior Forum

Question: Full dex Barbarian

If you remove 170 of invested points on STR to put on DEX, you already lost 320~340 atk; and remember that the more you invest on a specific stat, the more it will reward you. So, why not make full DEX already? Don’t forget that bosses at level 280 have something like 200 crit resist. Dex is about put all your points on it or just a little. There’s no mid-term (except for Hoplite and archers).

dex is softcapped. you don’t need to go full dex to have a decent crit rate. Also without Str you will have a crap time against high def monsters. Have fun seeing 1 dmg on three star maps.

1 Like

Thoses maths just made me sick…
Please don’t do it again.

2 Likes

Are you sure about that? I am pretty sure crit rate is also capped. Block, evasion, accuracy and status resist are all capped, after all…

Well there’s this whole full dex or full str argument every where…so I went with mixture of both, about 2 Dex : 1 Str build and more Con so that I can be useful in high level dungeon runs. Aiming to have about…200-250 dex, 100-150 str and the rest into cons.

Hmm… some here basicly say “deed of valor will give you enough dmg, so go dex”

but deeds of valor require you to take dmg*(not take hit) to get the bonus …

I really think the best stats for doppel is STR:CON .

taking dex, doesn’t get %bonus
(apart from guardian %eva) - (can get 50crit from barbarian, or 100-150 crit from hoplite, but no %)

unlike your health, and STR which does get %bonus.
(Deeds of Valor, Plate Mastery 5% per piece, frenzy, warcry buffs, and some more)

from what I know, dex is not really required to hit monsters.
crit bonus is great and all… but no scale, and higher crit resist later on…

so some may benefit from dex better then doppel, that is what i think at least. (210 doppel atm)

bad stats…

i’m level 230 with like 360 str and 142 dex and i have

900 ~ 920 phyiscal attack (with a 1hand spear)
920 ~ 947 secondary attack (with karacha dagger)
critical rate 384
evasion 427 (could get to little over 500 evasion with Guardian level 1 peltatsa buff)
also im wearing full plate so with apsersion buff i have around 630 defense

crit rate isnt capped.

Do you have any links to confirm this? I would be very interested in this.

use your high dex character and attack low level creeps w/o crit resistance. 100% crit rate.

I guess that will be my next project to test. It’ll take a few hundred to a few thousand hits to make sure though. Missing a single crit would imply a cap.

its been tested before. google it.

What should I search? I tried things such as “ToS crit rate cap”, “ToS max crit rate” and “ToS 100% crit” with no luck. I did find a video of someone very, very close to 100% crit rate though which was amusing.

well coz you want to find out and its faster than making a pure dex and hit low level creeps? Oo

No, I’m asking which terms I should search for. I don’t want to make another steam account and buy another DLC just to test this.

Why don’t you simply thrust us? I don’t have time to check after links right now (on my phone).
Personaly, I have read enough info made by testers and it’s sure: critical chance is not cap.

BUT having 100% chance of crit WITH swordsman on the CURRENTLY state of the game on LV.280 is allmost impossible.

Based on the current critical chance formula, wich i believe is true, critical chance = (crit rate - target crit def) * (42 / your level) %.
So you need 667 critical rate to have 100% crit chance on lvl 280 (IF we dont count critical resistance). Good luck having that amount of crit w/o «full dex hoplite with full crit rate items/gem and lv15 finestra» (wich is stupid since you wont have CON, STR nor critical damages).

the formula is wrong btw, apparently they changed it for some reason (possibly for better high level scaling).

If you are right, yes, it will change a lot of things!
And yes, «full crit» builds will be more viable.

Need to see if you are right about this change.

can we have the source here? or it’s just speculation?

Because only a fool trusts something he can’t verify himself. I’m not saying you’re wrong, but until I see proof, I’m not saying you’re right.

There are weapons with 200 or more crit rate on them, so with Finestra, this is definitely a goal that can be achieved.

I’d also like to see a source, and saying ‘google it’ isn’t a source.