Tree of Savior Forum

Question: Full dex Barbarian

I’m a Lv 126 Barbarian.
Swordsman C1 -> Highlander C1 -> Barbarian C3 -> Wannabe Doppelsoldner
Current stat: 11 STR, 20 CON, 185 DEX
Physical Attack: 450, Critical Rate: 200, Evasion: 346

However, after reading up on Doppel and realized that Deeds of Valor does not seem to go very well with a full dex Doppel, I’m considering of switching to a different class at Rank 6. Any suggestions? To note: I’ve also heard_ that Crit rate is capped? Can anyone clarify, thanks!

Evasion is capped but not Crit rate.
But crit rate have diminishing return effect with your level (and monsters crit resist). So you ll need to spend more and more points in Crit rate just to keep the same amount of crit % chance the higher level you go.

If you want an example, based on your current stats, on lvl126 with 200 critical rate, you will have ~66% chance to crit (if we didnt cound monsters crit resistance).
On level 150, the same amount of critical rate will give you 56% chance to crit (you ll need 235 crit rate to reach 66% chance).

I don’t see goodoptions for switching class path since you are too far on Barbarian path to go back, you whould maybe try some xxx/Corsair/Templar…

Yeah, it’s a bit late for you to be switching out your class now. I mean, the route you’re going isn’t really even that bad.

You just need to allocate your stats somewhere else other than DEX.

Magic dmg will crush you so bad. I feel bad for you bro…

Fencer is a good match I believe, the only problem is your Highlander circle wouldn’t be as useful since you wouldn’t be using 2H swords.

isnt that the same for everyone though?

also, while crit rate gives deminishing returns the higher level you are so does the monsters crit resist (which doesnt really go up as much).

Then what kind of stat build should i go for ? (I have stat reset potion so im not too worried)
Is there a class that has high eva/crit ?

where the hell did you get a stat reset potion from? Oo Oo Oo

barbarian synergizes well with high dex builds, but the problem is that once you hit doppel, doppel synergizes quite well with High Str/con.

I got the exclusive content thingy.
Hm, as one of the above poster mentioned about fencer - Are there any alternative classes i could go for besides doppel if that’s the case?

thats a skill reset potion afaik.

you can do Corsair C2 instead. Corsair DWA/hexen synergizes well with frenzy/warcry and if we get the future ktos update both will have their CD reduced. + cleave will give +50% dmg.

Atm there is a problem though that auto attack builds are severely underpowered level 200+ as monsters have too high def. It also doesn’t help that Dex builds are affected even more so by this. So without skills you only do like 50 dmg each hit…So DWA is pretty terrible atm.
Also bare in mind that you will have wasted a C2 class as neither S2, P1 or H1 offer much for this build atm.

im high dex build and im going doppelsoeldner too. Once you are lv 200+ you dont dodge much anyways. So like a 1 Str 2 dex + 50 CON build is probably not that bad.

In terms of damage, Full DEX >>> Full STR; even with multi-attack skills like cyclone. In your case, if you use Frenzy or Warcry, DEX become even better. Deeds of Valor increases your total attack (at least this is what can be deduced from the description), meaning that it will increase your base and weapon attack, so there’s no need of putting on STR; you can get crit damage from other sources like Zalciai or Star gems. But you need aim for something like 280 invested points on DEX, so you can crit even on high crit resistance mobs (generally bosses). Note that you will be very very squish, so it’s a high risk build, but with awsome rewards.

deeds of valor multiplies the patk so that benefits a lot from str.

1. Str gets a % bonus anyways depending on your classrank
  2. The higher your Str the more free Str points you get
  3. a lv 10 DOV will in essence double your Str bonus., which is already getting a bonus from a higher amount you invest…

Of course to have another 50% multiplier from crit on top of that is even more powerful. Like I said I’m going for high dex too in my build.

lmao, it’s my character, do i not know what i obtained from buying the exclusive content? I had both skill reset AND stat reset. Not the point of this topic at the moment anyways.

So it is actually plausible for high dex build for doppel. I shall try it out~ How much is your dex now? Meh, even if i dont use the stat/skill reset potion, i can’t transfer it to my other classes to use either.

wtf, if i would have known that i would have bought the founders pack with the stat reset potion xD.

Im Lv 130ish atm with like 135 dex and about 98 Str and one +22 crit rate gem in my lapiz kalzberger. I crit 40-70% of the time.

In the level 115 dungeon a Critted & stun Cleave does 6-8k damage without frenzy or warcry. (if I would have leveled the attribute a little bit this could easily be 10k).

This is way more than what any other class can do at this level. Unfortunatley it will fall off once I hit lv 200 as my skills dont really scale unlike archer/wizard skills.

Cool! That’s like… 6x more dmg than me now LMAO. Ok i shall reset it soon. hahahaha

not sure how you dont do the same. My Atk is 380-485 (wo buffs/gunho). So less than yours.

even if you wanna go high dex w/ a bit of str you dont have to reset. just put all points for the next 50 levels into Str…
And honestly at this point in the game there is hardly any difference between 90 str and 0 str as the dmg is all skillbased and 90 (x 2.5) more or less dmg doesnt make any difference if you do 7k crit dmg with a skill.

The higher the level of the weapon and the level of char, the higher is the Atk. Str does add atk, but is not necessary. Lets make a fast calculation on lv 10 cyclone’s damage:

At level 280, you can easily get 1800 atk with a good 2H weapon and warcry+gung ho+DoV (even without frenzy). Lv10 cyclone inflicts 1000 damage per hit, supposing that it does 26 hits by using the overheat 2x:

Full dex lv10 cyclone -> 280026 = 72800 without crit; with high crit = 728001,4~1,6 =~ 109200.

With full STR at lv280, you can get something like 500 STR, that is doubled with DoV, giving something around 1000 bonus atk.

Full str lv10 ciclone -> ((1800+1000)+1000)*26 = 98800.

Even just without crit, your 500 STR only increases 27% of the damage, while crit increases from 72800 to 109200 (34%).

Just remember that high level mobs have something like 100~150 crit resist and cyclone have the highest scaling in all swordsman skills. 100~150 crit rate will do nothing on them; but a full dex 350 crit rate will hit very hard.

you have to subtract monster def in your calculation. You don’t need full dex to get 350 crit rate.

3 lv 7 green gems in your 2h weapon give you +132 crit rate already. So you only need about 200 dex.

And this will increase even futher the advantage of full crit against full str, because crit will always mutiply by a valor between 1,4~1,6, or 1,7~1,8 if you have a good amount of crit atk, while atk is subjected to a defense subtraction.

crit atk comes from str. Crit multiplier is always 50% and softcapped.

If you only have a 1% chance to crit, then each point in dex has a much higher dmg increase/value compared to Str. However, if you already crit 99% of the time, then putting more points in dex to increase this to 100% is not as good as putting more points in strenght. And like i edited above; for 350 crit rate you don’t need full dex.

Also particularly with multihit abilities; they suffer a lot from high DEF penalities as this gets subtracted BEFORE the crit. (Nb this did not used to be the case in beta, part of the reason why dex was so strong)

1 Like