Tree of Savior Forum

Question: Full dex Barbarian

its been tested before. google it.

What should I search? I tried things such as “ToS crit rate cap”, “ToS max crit rate” and “ToS 100% crit” with no luck. I did find a video of someone very, very close to 100% crit rate though which was amusing.

well coz you want to find out and its faster than making a pure dex and hit low level creeps? Oo

No, I’m asking which terms I should search for. I don’t want to make another steam account and buy another DLC just to test this.

Why don’t you simply thrust us? I don’t have time to check after links right now (on my phone).
Personaly, I have read enough info made by testers and it’s sure: critical chance is not cap.

BUT having 100% chance of crit WITH swordsman on the CURRENTLY state of the game on LV.280 is allmost impossible.

Based on the current critical chance formula, wich i believe is true, critical chance = (crit rate - target crit def) * (42 / your level) %.
So you need 667 critical rate to have 100% crit chance on lvl 280 (IF we dont count critical resistance). Good luck having that amount of crit w/o «full dex hoplite with full crit rate items/gem and lv15 finestra» (wich is stupid since you wont have CON, STR nor critical damages).

the formula is wrong btw, apparently they changed it for some reason (possibly for better high level scaling).

If you are right, yes, it will change a lot of things!
And yes, «full crit» builds will be more viable.

Need to see if you are right about this change.

can we have the source here? or it’s just speculation?

Because only a fool trusts something he can’t verify himself. I’m not saying you’re wrong, but until I see proof, I’m not saying you’re right.

There are weapons with 200 or more crit rate on them, so with Finestra, this is definitely a goal that can be achieved.

I’d also like to see a source, and saying ‘google it’ isn’t a source.

Do you remember we are in a «full dex BARBARIAN» topic? :slight_smile:
As I said, only Hoplite can reach this amount of critical rate because of Finestra.
But I would like if you could link us your awesome 200 critical rate weapons.
Going back to our matters, barbarians, If you were talking about gems i allready counted them in my maths.

I didnt said there are no proofs, a lot of testers did the maths. Now , since IMC wont give us answers about indeep mechanics of their game and data mining is impossible, if you don’t believe them, let’s do the maths yourself. :confused:

That’s why I asked for the proof.

Huh wait? Critical rate from Cleave is +50 critical rate or +50% critical rate?

50 crit rate.
(~7,5% chance on lv280 w/o crit resistance)

I’m a full DEX barbarian too but i’m going fencer at later levels…is full DEX viable for fencer or should i put some STR too?

You could go a mixture of both with High dex and a little bit of Str and Con. Full dex evasion seems good and nice but sadly can’t evade magic and end game has a lot of magic mobs…so definitely need some Con.

Could you please provide any source for this (link or quote) so your statement can be verified?

Dex is bad after level 200.

Doppel with high or full Dex won’t benefit from it …

At level 280, for PvE, you want 60 Dex minimum for accuracy only

Strength at level 280 will destroy Dex on DPS charts.

Proof:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1s_Tkib5vkU6jZwH7iJw6mvT2CaORAs0LkX7rQENxapA/edit#gid=0

yeah, slash damage. lol.

Some people have asked why people use sometimes high DEX low STR builds. (i.e. what’s the point of only 100 Str, if 100 more dex is much more useful)

Rationale is that if you have 500 patk with weapon/gungho/0Str and fight a monster with 0 Def you do 500 dmg with a normal hit and 750 dmg with a crit.

If you fight a monster with 400 def you do 100 dmg and 150 dmg with a crit, which is crap.

If you have 100 Str you now do 600 patk so against a 400 def monster you now do 200 dmg and 400dmg with a crit (200 x 1.5 + 100).

Some people argue that if you go full dex you only use skills and full dex builds should only be played by skillheavy classes which dont use autoattacks. This may be true but at the moment you don’t need full dex to get a decent crit rate. Medium dex with crit gems and crit gear will get you a critrate of over 70%. Once you get to such a high critrate, pumping more dex has only very small returns for extra damage and you are better off putting points elsewhere.

bro may i have the link for this file ? i barely can see the whole thing …too small and cant enlarge here