Tree of Savior Forum

PyroKino Rank 10 Prep

mmm not sure if magic circle but it is ground and can be increased in range with sage dimension thingy…

A really good skill to have as a kino

A quick note since I just get to SM2 : I’m currently Cryo/Kino3/Sorc2/SM2, and if I find SM really cool (good damage even being full SPR), I regret a bit the lack of Link for SM spells :confused: Without Link, SM is really good for single target (against bosses or to finish a few mobs after your other combo), but really lacking as AOE. Beside that, as I have also my summon for aoe damage (and you have Pyro), I definitely not regret going this road ! Beware the SP cost of SM though, it’s gonna be really high (~500SP for the 4-overheat spell) !

Not sure yet, but I thinking on staying with pyrokino onmy. I really like the improve fox offers. The only thing I will change is trading pyro3 with Sorc, and going full SPR instead of INT. So it will be wiz1-pyro2-kino3-sorc-onmy3.

Not having Surespell for onmyouji casting skills is a pain, but the cast isn’t that long and it has many CC from kinoand pyro that could help. Also, some mobs can focus on Summon, and teleport loses aggro for a short time

Good points are the huge AoE, great CC, sustainable damage from Summon (that can deal damage while setting up that fireball PP combo), lots of multi hit (with Froster Lord cards, of course) and Turtle Shield for times of struggle.

The biggest problem is that it lacks bossing power tho. Everything is a low damage multi-hit or channeling skill…

Probably a funny build, but won’t beat my Ele3-FF3 ever.

So you have an elem-featherfoot? How do you like it comparing to elem-lock?

FF3 offers more survivability and single target damage (great against bosses), while Warlock gives more AoE DPS. Both classes have synergies with elementalist.
Flying all the time gives you some tranquility while casting Elementalist skills, which is great. Also, “jumping” while flying interrupts Electrocute’s delay after cast immediatly with no jump animation. This way you can cast all 4 OH faster than if you were on ground. Magic Missile can trigger Enervation ticks easily. The same goes for storm dust.
Yet, Warlock’s Invocation spirits are great against many targets. The more you kill with your other skills, the more damage you will deal against new monsters. Elementalist skills are perfect for that. The claw is strong, but aiming it is difficult.
Overall, I believe WL have greater DPS. But the burst from FF is great, plus you never dies.

My FF3 is full CON, since I have a good weapon. One advantage is that I can use my Animus with no concerns about having no HP regen. Another good point is that my blood curse is really strong, and can do for another nuke besides meteor. And it is something people doesn’t seem to know about, but the fraction of damage that comes from your HP in this skill ignores defense. I can get hits far stronger than meteor’s in high CM levels.

3 Likes

An important thing to note is that although Featherfoot has the Curse debuff, none of its skills are actually Dark-elemental. Most of them do Poison damage except Kuradaitcha. You can go FF1Shadow3 for best usage of Curse, if that’s your intention. Given the magnitudes of Shadowmancer skills, the build would perform particularly well even without Linker.

It used to deal dark damage until they changed it to poison to combo with Linker

It feels underwhelming if anything. AoE wise, you are limited to what Ele offers, since FF without linker don’t really do much against anything outside of attack range.

The only good thing about FF in ele build is that you got built-in life steal. With enough SP regen, you could fight for days. In a sense, you are lowering your overall DPS for more burst and sustain with FF instead of warlock.

1 Like

I think for me, what’s important is to know how many dark element mobs show up later, because running SM/WL would be highly dependent on how effective their spells are in most regular content.

@Terry46 @moonlightflower15200 thanks a bunch.
So which one would you say is more versatile at both AoE and single target/bossing? I assume it’s elem-FF? Since it’s got kundela slash, high overheat and low cool down.

For current patch, go with FF. For next patch, go with Warlock and take FF at R10.

Curse will increase dark damage, which you can get at FF1 using Bone Pointing. Will combo well with Warlock C3. That and some sustain from blood sucking.

I’ve tested both builds and FF just works better for me.
It’s just a preference matter.

I think I might prefer FF as well.

The reason why I asked is, I’ve played elem-lock for quite awhile. It is very fun, but at the same time quite squishy and SP hungry. I sometimes find it hard to decide which skill to use for single target as well. That’s why I wanna get some info on FF players and maybe rank reset into elem-FF.

He mentioned, though, that he didn’t like the experience of having to aim Demon Scratch.

Regardless, I second this idea (Wlk3FF1 at R10). You not only get +50% dmg from Curse, but

• +50% Dark Prop Dmg. with Drain and lvl.1 Theurge,
  • +10% Dark Prop Dmg. from Wlk class attrib
  • +30% Dark Prop. Atk. from Invocation
  • +20% Dark Prop. Dmg. (not sure if addt’l prop. dmg, a la blessing, or just plain dmg) from the soon-to-arrive Warlock c3 mastery

That’s a lot of Dark +Atk% and +Dmg%. This build could potentially be devastating, Scratch aiming notwithstanding. In fact, it may easily qualify as the next step for the Elememe, in lieu of the Shadowmancer obtaining a source of Curse.

With that, at Rank 10 it comes down to whether you prefer Warlock or Shadowmancer though, as FF1+Either will have Curse access. The new c3 attribute for Warlock doesn’t add % Dmg but adds a flat amount based on 20% of your max MATK so it’s only really good for PoA and Mastema DoT.

Between those two, it comes down to who has the better skills for their purpose. I’d argue WL and SM have the same purpose of AoE/Single Target hybrid circles, which means you have to figure out which one has the stronger skills period, a question I’m not entirely sure how to answer, because:

• Warlock skills have longer cooldowns but (currently) hit harder. However, Shadowmancer c3 will be very competitive.
  • Shadowmancer skills have shorter cooldowns but require enemies to be grounded to trigger their attributes. Shadowmancer also does not have the numerous Dark attack bonuses that Warlock gains.

:man_shrugging:

I’d say “good” is a strech here. We are looking at something like 2~5% damage increase in PoA, considering that the higher matk you have (or rather, bigger the gap between your matk and enemy defense), the lower the damage increase from the attribute will be in comparison, because of the log formula making your skill do much higher damage.

For Mastema it would be way less since its % is higher than PoA, let alone Scratch.

This new attribute is just another silver sink trap, lol.

Ahh, I was afraid of that.

In your opinion, what’s the best path I could take for this build? I still can’t decide, and though FF3 is winning the poll, Other is tied with it.

My main Wizard was a Pyro2Kino3WL3, but i also didnt like Scratch, so i ditched WL3 and got Shadow1. When R10 hits iToS i will get the second circle and become WL2 Shadow2.

My second Wizard had a bunch of different builds already, and is currently the pyrokino Onmyouji i mentioned ealier. I was liking it until i got it to more difficult maps…
As most people know, his skills are too weak and take a lot of SP, so it is probably better in Thauma/Sorc builds full SPR. Gravity Pole is pretty nice with the Fox attribute, but can’t justify a whole Rank just for that either…

I am interested in Featherfoot as well, so i think i will try it as Wiz2Pyro2Kino2FF3, taking Pyro3 at R10 probably. Or just dump pyrokino here and go Linker3 with something.

1 Like

Really feeling Kino3FF3 myself. I’d look at Enchanter too but idk if its attributes for Kino are any good.

the fact that you can’t use psychic pressure while using levatate ruins kino>ff for me :confused:
edit: i’m kind of liking the idea of making a wiz1>pyro1>kino3>thuma3>omnyoji1>necro1 at r10. there’s quite a lot of archers running around now thanks to the ranger update, and shoggoth pet passively doubles missile damage against any enemy near it (other than bosses). throw in the thuma buffs alongside that and archers gonna be ripping everything to shreds. the build would be useless against bosses though.