Tree of Savior Forum

PyroKino Rank 10 Prep

Hi! I used one of the free rank resets to reroll my PyroKino Onmyouji (because without quick cast and surespell Onmyo felt like ass to play and had no single target), but I’d like to keep some form of PyroKino in my build.

I know Sage is the most popular end class for this build, but I want to build for stronger single target/bossing damage while also keeping Rank 10 in mind for the future, so I don’t need to reset again.

Has anybody else tried PyroKino builds? What have been your most successful? Alternatively, do you have any advice or tips?

Before the added AOE kino was the blender of the wizard tree…

Sage popularity is mainly cause it power ups the psycho freedom :3 but you wish not for such…

what I see in your desire is Featherfoot…

the pure evolution of a kino

Idk why ppl still take Sage for PiroKino tbh. Ever since Fireball was changed there is pretty much zero worth synergy between the classes.

I have a Wiz2Pyro2Kino3Onmy2 and I am liking it a lot.

1 Like

Yeah I liked it for a bit until I ran into the whole clunkiness of Onmyouji’s spells without Wiz3.

Not sure of your stats, but a nice add to a Kino build is Shadowmancer : Shadow Fetter allow you to cc bosses in your aoe and Shadow Torn do double damage on ground ennemies (and you have Heavy Gravity !)

But Shadow without Linker is very underwhelming.

rank 10 you prob gonna be: Wiz2-Pyro3-Kino3-Omi2. Surespell and firefox6 will hold your build together. Rank 9 will gonna miss something (im doing ok without surespell).

My personal experience is:
I changed my pyrokino to a support characters/money maker: Wiz-Pyro2-Kino1-Alch3-Sage1 (rank 10 sage 2 to open portal shop). She lacks A LOT but still can hold her own… my goal is to support my other characters with gem roasting, awakening, pots, portals and money.

My PVE focused wiz is: wiz-cryo3-kino3-Omi2(rank 10 = Omi3). Lots of CC and AoE damage :slight_smile:

I know! I would love to do Shadowmancer, and I’d have to change my stats around a bit so the SP drain isn’t as harsh, but Shadowmancer c3 looks boring as hell (most of the rank 10 wizard stuff looks awful imo), so until we get more info or numbers, I’m gonna hold off on that choice too.

@goulart It’s not so much surespell - genbu armor provides the same thing at the cost of you losing SP when hit - but the lack of quick cast and the long cast times of Onmyo spells that bugs me.

u should prob reconsider yea the shadowmancer c3 skill looks terrible but ur also getting another 5 ranks into ur 3 stupidly hard hitting skills so its not too bad most new skills always look bad imo

That’s true. SP management is much easier to deal with than long cast times or getting hit out of your cast animations. Which means at this point it’s a choice between FF3 vs SM3.

Edit: for either, I also need a good filler rank, since I’m not going Pyro3 if I don’t have to.

1 Like
  • FF C3
  • SM C3
  • Other

0 voters

1 Like

50/50 still lmao.

/pickasidein20chars

I suggested Shadowmancer because that’s what I intend to take for my Kino build (Cryo/Kino3/Sorcerer2/Shadow2 full SPR), but I haven’t tested it yet, so maybe it’s bad !

But I can speak a bit for FF as I have a Wiz3/Ele3/FF3 : the strongest point of FF3 for me is single target/bossing. You have a combo which can do a lot of damage, but is limited to mostly one target without Linker !
Levitation + Enervation + Curse (Bone Pointing or Kurdaitcha, I prefer the first one personly) + Kundela Slash * 3 gives massive damage ! (but on cd longer than SM, so less useful for mobbing)
Blood Curse is fun to use, and can heal yourself and your group, but it can also kill you xD
Blood Bath/Blood Sucking means you don’t really need HP potion (but you’re gonna drink a lot of SP pots with the first combo)
And Levitation makes you immune to melee attacks, which is great in some area !

The main problem of FF3 with your build is the lack of Surespell (mostly for Blood Sucking), but you can try to replace it by some good CCs ! Other than that, I think FF3 is perfectly viable for your build, brings something different than SM (more single target, less SP consumption, longer CD), so at the end, it’s your choice depending on your playstyle :slight_smile:

it can go wiz 2 and linker > pyro and still have enough room for psycho 3 and FF 3

Ehh, if I go Linker for FF3 I’d rather dedicate at least 2 circles to it for a better JP, which means I’d have to drop something else. You’re right though, if I settle for FF2 at the end of it right now I can grab FF3 when it comes out (or another way).

I will say that as a poor player that FF3 having more single target damage and less SP management is attractive, and the lack of Surespell isn’t even that big a deal when I have as much CC and defense as I do - but Shadowmancer’s got its perks too (like swag factor), and more synergy with Kino. But then again, I have to keep in mind that dark attribute has mobs that resist it more than poison I think…

Still can’t pick :thinking:

I see, i rely heavily on my cc to cast Omi skills, it works pretty well,but i have Cryo. I’m not sure if pyro would be as effient as cryo.

SM is good on it’s own but I don’t see how SM improves pyrokino build. IMO the firefox atributtes are better for kino

I think it’s more like, kino improves shadowmancer instead of the other way around. Heavy gravity works quite well with the shadow spells that I’m surprised kino-SM isnt even popular…

It will only get worse

The Shadow is technically a non-boss mob that can be affected by link. There is one solution though for non-linkers: Joint Penalty scrolls. But it still won’t be as good since you can’t make use of the bonus 220% damage from Thaum’s Shrink Body :no_mouth:

ShadowThaum new boss-killer (maybe).

Onmy, Shadowmancer, Sage

No one’s considering the other full circle alternative, Warlock? Pyro and Kino have good AoE at high levels of investment. What you may want or need would be reliable and high-magnitude single-target damage, Warlock kind of provides that. Just a suggestion.

I’ve considered Warlock too, but it’s got some of the same problems Shadowmancer has, minus the +50% curse bonus damage to dark that I’d be getting with Featherfoot. Plus, I really suck at positioning for Demon Scratch, so its single target damage is limited.

Hey guys, a quick question regarding kino for which I don’t want to open a new thread: Is heavy gravity considered a magic circle?