Tree of Savior Forum

Pyro with flare Discution. Any help welcomed

@xinronyr

I don’t see how,

Wiz 3 > Ele 3 is still strong and can probably wear Ice Necklace.

Wiz > Pyro or Cryo > Ele or other things also become viable.

Please notice: Wizards are considered WEAK overall when not supportive (Chrono or Linker).

Necklace, currently, can give you +13~14 CON&INT (Max Pet/Terra) or ~100+ matk (Animus), honestly, even if you are a more diversed Wizard, Necklace is one of the less problematic places for you to have “fixed” gear, if those were weapons everything would be WAY more problematic.

These necklaces make Quickcast’s attribute (Wiz 3) LESS mandatory for DPS Wizard classes, but unless we get something like that for Dark spells, FF and Warlock seem doomed somehow when compared to even the new version of Pyro.

Also I don’t think this is such a big problem, it might be huge thing right now but is most likely going to be less important at rank 9/10.

If they make an ice necklace, imagine what Rune Casters using ice will be able to accomplish.

Also, consider this: rank 9/10 classes that have fire/ice/lightning abilities, with already ridiculous base damage. It’s just speculation, but it’s a possibility.

Overall, this game is just terribly designed, and every “fix” they invent supports that claim by exposing the multitude of flaws accompanying their attempts. It always makes me so sad, because the art and the concepts inherent within the game are really cool and interesting, but the execution is just so…disappointing. :<

1 Like

@Hilsun

Agni apparently does not work on Fireball projectiles, which probably means Ice Necklace would also not apply to IW shards.

The effect are different on EACH skill, Agni works on PD’s Incinerate but with a MUCH SMALLER multiplier than the ones for Pyro.

You’re not looking at the big picture.

The necklace boosts one element, meaning its better to go supportive classes to boost that specific element as opposed to going multiple elements.

Pyro / Ele will always pale in comparison to say Pyro / Linker, Pyro / Chrono / Sage in PvE, and for bossing Pyro / Kino ( / Linker).

Pyro / Thaum might even be better than Pyro / Elementalist assuming Thaum buffs are multiplied with the necklace multiplier.

The only purpose for Pyro / Ele is to bypass the limitation of being one element. If the game simply went by its originally intended design of sticking to the resist system, this wouldn’t be a problem. Unfortunately, there are mobs that absorb elements, so Pyro / Ele would be useful in those specific cases… but that’s really all.

Only way I can see Pyro / Ele being optimal is if you have both Fire and Ice necklaces, and you have a macro setup to switch to one or the other before using that elemental attack. It’s just a really wonky way of balancing instead of having properly balanced skills like @Hilsun said.

@xinronyr

In my concept, a Wizard that specializes more in a single element should be better than a Wizard who goes for all elements, also I believe it’s up to the company and the way they feel like it should be.

You haven’t even seen the Ice necklace yet and keep on saying Elementalist will get weak, it will MOST LIKELY work on Frost Cloud, though not in such a big multiplier anyway.

Anyway, what is done is done, we haven’t even SEEN R8 with our own eyes yet, I think these necklaces will actualy improve the game instead making it worse.

Just something, macro is botting, fingers can do a better job.

Any idea if this is a bug?

@Gringe

No idea, I am not even 100% sure of it yet, it’s just what I’ve read on some discussion.

But to be honest, if this worked, it would be already a famous Agni combo on youtube because it would really do massive damage.