Tree of Savior Forum

Pyro Hype - Rank Building Questions

I’m actually playing a CryoChrono, but since I was just a Cryo I had some kind of envy of Pyros. Since It’s getting great upcoming (Or not. Let’s pray) changes, I get hyped about building a Pyro 3 focusing on constant DPS.

Questions: Should I? If yes, what would be a nice build?

1. Wiz 1 - Pyro 3 - Linker 2 - Warlock (Saw this around this forum)

2. Wiz 3 - Pyro 3 - Warlock

3. Wiz 3 - Pyro 3 - Linker 1 (Dependable of ranks 8+ [?])

4. Wiz 1 - Pyro 3 - Thau 2 - Warlock

5. Wiz 1 - Pyro 3 - Linker 1 - Thau 1 - Warlock

6. Wiz 1 - Pyro 3 - Chrono 3 (Dependable of ranks 8+ [?])

First I tried to look around in the forums, but most of answers in every single topic are “Ele3 Wl is better!”. Personally I dislike Elementalist system now, it’s too ordinary. Saw a great guide about Sorcs too, but didn’t get the feeling. But I’m in love with pyro vids and gameplay (even now) and I think they can be great with the new changes (if they ever come). What you guys think?

Also I don’t get really attached to FF, but it’s a possibility

1 Like

Just my opinion, since I did have a Pyro3.

The pros that I can see:

1. Extra skill points. (Max Fire Pillar really nice…)
  2. Hell Breath is reliable to reduce boss damage even at level 1. (The cons would be SP percentage dependent and need at least Safety Zone to avoid a hit)
  3. Fire Pillar extra duration.
  4. Good DoT-AoE DPS.
  5. Good with high or full INT. (Due to the so called DoT)

Cons in my eyes probably:

1. Lowest damage than other red classes. (At higher rank eg 6,7 obviously)
  2. High SP consumption.
  3. High CDs. (Except Fire Ball)
  4. Need to jump around AoEs. (If no Linker, which I haven’t fetch one and still good for me or no Tank to bring the mobs to it)
  5. Becoming a bit useless or waste, if mobs not in AoEs. (Waste SP, DoT and need to wait for CDs)
  6. Each skill has their own cons. (eg Fire Pillar, Fire Wall, Flame Ground; immovable AoEs, Hell Breath; require Safety Zone or good position to avoid interruption, Fire Ball; move away when received hit, Flare; need Fire debuff to work, Enchant Fire; small AoE)

I honestly think that Pyro 2 is enough damage if you need filler before Rank 4. If you don’t want to play Cryo, that is.

I would not say I recommend this but, the build does sound nice:
With the base Wiz 1 - Pyro 3 - Rank 5 - Rank 6 - Rank 7

Sorc C1

• I would need this since I’m really cheap, just for Summon Servant (5)
  • other summons is simply bonus
  • not really high recommendation since you replace with high level SP Pots

Thau C3

• Swell Brain can be awesome as INT helps with DoT
  • Plus other swell buffs, shrink, Tranpose (only good if got healer)

Chrono C3

• faster CDs, faster movement, slow/stop

Linker

• save time from kiting mobs to AoEs
  • can ‘steal’ others’ buffs (Wiz C3’s buffs particularly)

Do take note; these are obviously just my opinion based of my little experience with it. I didn’t touch other red classes because I’m more fond of green classes than them. That’s all.
(I love Fire Pillar & Hell Breath :grin:)

1 Like

I played wiz3/ele3/wl1 the main issue i had with the char is survival on ranged flying monsters. It’s hard to do dmg on them and survive.

What you need to look at is also defense in my opinion. Unless you only bother in party play where people can tank stuff for you. CC + survival with dmg is a must.

LInker can deal with ranged as you can simple throw fire balls into your link and pull them in while stun them and do dmg that way. So it atleast gives you a way to deal with ranged monsters flying monsters.

Chrono while fun, doesn’t add much to the mix to be honest, sure you can push more fire skills out, but that isn’t going to help your survival by much. and will burn mana. I would rather go cryo + chrono then and be a complete team player.

thau i don’t got much interest in, sure buffs are fun. But i rather have something that give me additional ultility.

WL is great for pole of agony burst, but the pillar is really small doesn’t lock monsters down like fire pillar, so unless you have a way to nail all the monsters on one spot close together for a long period of time it’s going to be only usable for boss fights. The wl shield really doens’t seem to work very well as protection.

With pyro getting a massive boost, i can see more combo’s moving forwards with c3 pyro.

I personally don’t like wiz3 class. I think it syncs really well with classes that have long cast times, with pyro everything is pretty much instant. And with fire pillar even hell breath becomes a easy cast.

my 50 cents.

1 Like

Pyro 3 > Sorc 3

Pyro 3 > Linker 2 > Warlock

Pyro 3 > Linker > Necro 2

Are to me the best options focused on Pyromancer, for a mix of sorc and warlock you can get Pyro 1/2> Linker 1/2 or Wiz 3 > Linker

1 Like

you might wanna consider pyro3-kino3 as well, kino compliment pyro so well.

1 Like

Pyro3 - Linker2 - Featherfoot is also an option.

1 Like

I am making an alch with wiz linker 1 pyro3 and alchy 2 with high hopes for alchy 3

Thanks guys for the answers!!

@digitize_kosen
That’s very deep, thanks! So you think Pyro is not viable as the main rank in a build? Even with the upcoming changes? (My personal interest on c3 is hell breath’s debuff)

@Gatygun
I see chrono in this build as a support for an (possible) upcoming DPS class, like Shadowmancer or so on. Chrono in this build would not be primarily focused on complement Pyro (even though Haste and Slow would help with survivability and to improve the mob capability, also some pyro skills proc while Stop is running). Also neither I like Wiz3 , but it seems so necessary for end game dps ranks :’( That’s why I thought about Thau, to compensate the mag atak bonus from QC. Also I can’t think in a optimized build for pyro without linker, but I’m trying to open my mind.

@moises_andre12
Why Sorc3? I never saw any build that gets more than 2 ranks on Sorc, but you are the Sorc guru, so I’m completely considering what you say haha. Personally I don’t like necro that much. If I would stick with a summoner class, would be Sorcerer.

@lakong_pake03
I’m all ears

@elinhime
Saw a couple of vids about this build, but I have some issues about FF. I don’t know, I don’t think I would like to play with FF skill set. I will do more research on this one to try to convince myself to give a try.

@Zellrath

3 ranks of pyro gives you a lot of AoE spells, Temple Shooter is an enormous boost to constant AoE damage and you can use his skills when Pyro spells are on cooldown.

This build would be pretty good if the elementalist of the future has Fire Frost Cloud or something like (which should act like hail for fire spells, but for ice ones) that is able to combo with Pyro.

Sorc gives you AoE attack ratio which is awesome fore Pyro spells.

The feeling of closing rank 2 class at rank 4 and a rank 5 class at rank 7 must be pretty cool.

I would still go Linker 2 > Warlock at the end of it because I love links but to br HONEST, Pyro 3 has to deal at least 50% of your last ranks so it can be better than quickcast, that’s pretty hard for a class that applies it’s damage slowly, so I’d use Linker + Warlock to burst stuff and pyro for a flashy finishing.

For FF you’d need Surespell, so Pyro is somehow not so optimal since you can’t rely on Fire Pillar’s 120s CD CC.

Warlock’s skills are all instant-cast so you don’t need either surespell or quickcast.

1 Like

I was wondering about it. Wouldn’t Pyro 3 - link 1 - Sorc 2 be better? I really like Walock, but Hell’s Breath revamp seems so neat. Also I can gamble for a future Fire based end game class which would benefit from Hell Breath debuff (As I think Shadowmancer will be a dark warlockish end game class).

Now I’m tending to choose one of these:

Pyro 2 - Linker 1 - Sorc 2 - Warlock (a modification of your personal build, but no Hells Breath :’( )

Pyro 3 - Linker 1 - Sorc 2 (Very tempting, but very unsure)

Pyro 3 - Sorc 2 - Warlock (Another modification of your build. I REALLY think Linker is mandatory, but that’s an option)

Oh God. CryoChrono was too easy to build up…

P.s.: I think that Hell Breath debuff would do almost the same as QC to Fire Skills. Also (Correct me if I’m wrong) a fire based summon would be highly potencialized.

Yeah Pyro 2 might work but I’d trade it for +50% magical damage any way of the week.

I’d only place Pyro together with linker and Sorc if it was one rank:

Wiz >Pyro > Linker 2 > Sorc 2 > Warlock

Linker is not a must for Pyro or Sorcerers, it simply redirect their damage, only skills like dark theurge and familiars can make you feel like you are actually amplifying damage

I’m doing a Wiz > Pyro > Linker 2 > Chrono 3 but still at level 70, anything goes well with chrono, Pyro 3 might be pretty good with it actualy if we ever get Fire Cloud.

1 Like

What’s is the main difference between link 1 and 2 in a dps build? I had read that link 1 is just enough and 2 is for parties/supp.

JP - Max number of hits for linked targets before breaking = 10 * Skill Level.

With pyro having lots of multi hitting skills linker2 might be worth it. Also JP lv10 = 8 mobs linked.

1 Like

For a dps build, I would suggest something like

Wiz 3>Pyro 3>Warlock
Wiz 3>Linker>Pyro 3

Since the +50% magical damage from wiz 3 is priceless plus it will complement Pyro’s / Warlock’s multi-hit skills and the link will help you spread your damage and be valuable in mobs/grinding when you’re in a party.

And btw I’m running Pyro3/Linker2/Warlock, just ask me if you need to know more about my build

2 Likes

Short answer: Min/maxing. If that sort of thing really matters to you then I feel linker2 is better suited for a support wiz. Otherwise…

Linker 1 offers the most for the least. A few things to consider:
–almost every linked group will die before the hit count from lv5 JP expires.
–your link count will often be undermined by mob scarcity outside of instances. If you can link 8 mobs but you normally only snag 4 or 5 at a time its a wasted resource.
–the duration on hangman’s knot remains pitiful no matter how many circles you take.
–Dandel Gem adds +1 links only to circle 1 or circle 3. Even if you have this item as a linker2 you’ll still need Divine Might in order to get any usage out of it.

The key word for linker2 is reliability. Though you won’t always need more than 5-6 links, in more seriousbusiness parties you are expected to fill a role. You might be a pyrolinkersorclock but to them you are just a linker lol.
Pyro will always end up as supplementary damage compared to a specialized dps wiz. In all likelihood this won’t change if we get the ktos pyromancer buffs. Hey hopefully Im wrong.

Of course, every class works a little differently with linker. A couple extra links is much more beneficial to sorc than it is to pyro.

1 Like

For me, it is viable. As mention before, the pros and cons are simply from my point of view. I only knew those after playing it.

Although, I wouldn’t recommend it as a main char. I only create Pyro 3 simply for fun which really nice for me (At first, I was thinking of making Pyro 2 for Alchemist, but change mind later :stuck_out_tongue:). Since, I am not rushing it to Chrono 3, I simply level it through dungeon and mission.

Anyway, you better read about others’ opinions too before deciding to create Pyro 3. Or if you do getting Linker or any other Rank 4 into your build, it is probably better to get them first, before Pyro 3 depend on the purpose of the char.

In the end, it is simply a matter of you enjoying it or not. (In my case, I do enjoy it :grin: )
Good luck.

1 Like

I’m currently building a Wiz3/Pyro3 at the moment. I’ll hold off on getting rank 7 until the info for rank 8 comes along, reason being that if Rank 8 doesn’t have anything THAT great, or synergistic with Pyro3, I may grab Linker1 at rank 7, and then save ranks 8+ for future classes.

2 Likes

Thanks again, guys. I really appreciate all the answers. :blush: :two_hearts:

@Ellyr @Arkova
Never had a Linker before and never had read anything about limited hits, that sucks. I do agree with everything you stated, Arkova. Now I’m wondering which would be a better dps complement at end game (Wiz 3 or Pyro 3. I don’t think I could or should get both)

@norwyn_asuncion
I would love to hear about your experience, thank you! The Wiz3 - Pyro3 is tempting, but (as long as I understood from the opinions) they both seem to be dps supplement and it seems to have a lack of survivability or mob capability. Also it would be very similar to wiz - ele. I will think about it before make up my mind.

Till now, how are you doing? What difficulties are you facing?

@digitize_kosen
Pyro looks fun as hell! Haha I’m just frustrated that it doesn’t seem to be reliable (specially to future 400+ content). Hope it gets more buffs or mAtk % on its skills. (Or we get a rank 9+ based on fire). I’m afraid to level to 300+ on future patchs and don’t use pyro at all.

@TonyDanza
What level are you at? Do you have any problem to level up, grind or party? Do you think you can hold with just Pyro at 220+ content?

P.s.: I’m tempted to try Pyro 3 - Sorc 2 - Warlock. Just afraid to notice later that Linker is necessary or to be avoided by parties/grinders.

1 Like

Hey guys, I’m doing a (Wiz > Pyro > Linker 2 > Sorc > Alch 2) build, and I like to know wich skills I should get from Pyromancer. I never played wizard class before, so I’m at lost.

People tell me that Fireball and Flame Ground are musts, buts what about Flame Wall ? Is it any good at level 5 ? Take in consideration that they will be my only source of damage outside of parties for a long time, till I hit rank 5.

Thank you guys for your patience.

About my experience as a lvl 252 Pyro3/Linker2/Warlock, I’m still having fun with my build. It’s very versatile, can support(link) and be a supplementary dps at the same time.

Although, the only difficulty I’m facing is the lack of dps of pyro skills, the bad scaling really is a big blow to the class at late game, which gave me the impression that pyro can only be a supplementary dps, not a top tier dps. Meanwhile, Linker is very fun =)) (will make you be adored by your party members)

Btw, here’s a video of a wiz3 pyro3 (before and after pyro buff patch) in kTOS which I saw here in the forum:

1 Like