Tree of Savior Forum

Pyro damage in a pyro/chrono build

When you mention pyro - kino - kino

And suggest pp for damage ? Not entirely sure on how pp works ? Especially in regards to other class skill fields like ice wall , fireball and fire ground ?

I’m guessing you have to get the enemy IN the field then use pp on the enemy ?

Or can you lay the field and then just use pp on the field without an enemy ?

If it’s the later one then I’m guessing pp. then explodes the field for an aoe effect ?

If this is so does it also extinguish the field once pp is used on it ?

Ice shards from ice wall is just your auto attack (matk + whatever buffs you have like blessing, fire property), dunno about fireball. Kino for pyro would be more for keeping things (like bosses) on your fireball/flame ground than it is for pping your fireballs, since fireball gets knocked back with pp, though i’m not sure if kino2’s skill keeps it in place.

i saw a vid where someone linked 2 fire balls together; they stayed in place while using PP

ohh okay, didn’t know that

Only kinda. PP knocks fireballs in the direction you’re facing, and you can turn around while using PP.

atleast PP’s SP cost doesn’t scale each level, its now 1% sp each level

The main issue with fireball isn’t moving monsters. It’s your party meleeing your fireballs out from the boss. You hope that melee will stack on 1 sides so you can stand on the other and hit them back after they are knocked out, but that rarely happens. Most dps just like to pay attention to their own damage, and seem to be half brain dead

I’d personally go with Pyro 3, Thau 2, warlock if you want to keep your dps in a decent area when you get to end game and you still offer some pretty decent support as well. Without Thau, your dps is going to look severely gimped compared to the other classes, so you really should decide of you’re gonna be a better support (chrono) or a better dps (thau/warlock).

Thaum offers flat damage, why would you go thaum when you can go chrono 3?
Pyro 3 honestly offers nothing to the table other than enhanced fireball.

Because Chrono is a support role, and thaum has heavy wizard buffs.

refer to this [Guide] Mage Builds General Discussion đŸ’„
for everything wizard related.

Did anyone try Pyro2>Linker1>Chrono3 yet?

Does the extra utility make up for the loss of DPS?

having all those buffs and debuffs and being able to link enemies will make up for the loss of dps imo

Support cannot make up for DPS, as they are 2 entirely different roles. Just like DPS cannot make up for lack of support. If you’re gonna support, then cyro/chrono. If you’re gonna dps, then wiz 3 ele 3 warlock or Pyro 3 thau 2 warlock. If you try to mix them up and get both, you’re gonna be far worse at both roles as a wizard class. Clerics are the only class that can get away with having high dps and good support.

To the guy who doesn’t know why you would pick Pyro 3. It’s because 5 more into fireball, flame pillar and flame ground is significant damage. The raw damage from Thau is on a per hit basis, so you have all of those, plus the warlock per hit skills and that equals an enormous amount of damage. I’m approaching max level with that build and I’m not having any issues keeping my DPS extremely high. The only issue stems from the melee who decide not to group up and knock your fireballs around in different directions.

I understand your reasoning but your example isn’t great. You say DPS and support don’t mix then mention your build has Thau2 lol.

Thau and Linkers are classes that increase your damage despite being “support” classes. The same can be said for Chrono to a lesser extent.

My example is perfectly fine. If you went Pyro, your options are limited. It’s as simple as that. Linker 2 was nerfed and isn’t great anymore and you’re really left with only a few viable choices. Thau 2 boosts your damage significantly, far more than anything else would. It also allows for quicker leveling and double loot drops via swell body. If you want to go chrono, the only real option is to go all the way to 3, and it still doesn’t do that much for your own personal dps, since you had to give up Pyro 3 or warlock for it.

There’s a reason you don’t see most supports take Thau. It’s because it’s not very supportive, at least compared to cryo and chrono. That’s because it’s more of a filler for Pyro dps.

usually people would get thaum if they’re going alchemist or going the OpOp Melee physical damage wizard.

Exactly. You take Thau as a Pyro to supplement your own damage.

That’s exactly the point of my previous post, not sure why you disagreed with it lol.

lol

I disagreed because Thau 2 is also support, though not as supporty as chrono or cryo. Even if you’re getting it for selfish reasons, it still supports your entire party.