Tree of Savior Forum

Pyro damage in a pyro/chrono build

In a

wiz c1 - pyro c3 - chrono c3

How good is the pyros damage ? I mean I read about people complaining about pyro c2 damage at late game ?

So how does the pyro c3 stack up in this build compared to other damage class builds ?

Bump. Please can I get an answer :slight_smile:

Hell’s breath takes way too much mana imo.
flame pillar has a really long cooldown for that low of damage.
you can’t hit flying enemies with flame ground and bosses that constantly jump will be hell for you. only reason for you to take pyro 3 is for the fire ball damage.
but cryo 3 chrono 3 combo is better because your damage is burst, not sustained and it freezes non bosses.

Generally, pyro will deal more DPS than people on the forums are willing to give it credit. You depend on fireball 15 for a majority of your damage so be prepared for annoying mechanics.

Its really good if you’re looking for a chrono that can also hold its own DPS wise. it will work well. That said, you will start to notice the falloff around the time you start doing the level 190 dungeon. You also get doubled returns on low CD DPS skills once you have pass so keep that in mind.

The class that outdps during boss fights are almost always either Elementalist3 w/quick cast followed close by Archers with proper builds. Swordsmen, clerics, and wizards that don’t go full DPS -not so much.

Yet to play rank 7 though I expect it to perform well with chrono3. Not sure if I would take pyro3 again without also taking multiple support ranks, as that makes the most sense to me.

I hope this alleviates some concern about pyro being useless.

I only ask cause I’m already pyro and want to know wether I should waste my wiz

pyro isn’t entirely useless, usually early game classes revolve around buffs and cc. with a pyro chrono build, i’d recommend you wiz>pyro>kino2> chrono 3

Pyro skills have the fancy property of working on monsters that are affected by Chrono’s Stop, a fairly uncommon property.
Specifically: Firewall, flame ground and fire pillar can deal damage to things that are Stopped.
Plus will how long Pyro’s persistant spells last, chrono3’s cooldown reduction will let you set the world on fire.

1 Like

What does kino 2 bring and what use late game will just pyro 1 offer ? Cause I’m only 40 odd lvls into my class it’s not to late to start again I guess

Hmmm I didn’t know that about pyro and stop thanks.

But even with that mechanic does it make the build viable for places like earth tower or pvp ?

look up a video of a pyro’s fireball and a kino’s psychic pressure, u basically cause a big explosion with the ball. also you can use telekenisis to keep the target in place. magnetic force rounds up enemies.
as of right now i don’t know whether the fireball explosion scales with psychic pressure damage or the fire ball damage.

a chronomancer 3 is always welcome in earth tower.
in pvp a chronomancer is also welcome. a kino in pvp is good because psychic pressure with maxed attribute has a 50% chance to stun with each tick. also you can lay down your ground type abilities from the pyro tree and use telekenisis to keep your target on the tile.

Interesting thanks for the info

Cryo is considered superior in earth tower and PvP. Pyro is superior for less intense content which doesn’t necessitate crowd control; questing, farming, boss killing.

When you mention pyro - kino - kino

And suggest pp for damage ? Not entirely sure on how pp works ? Especially in regards to other class skill fields like ice wall , fireball and fire ground ?

I’m guessing you have to get the enemy IN the field then use pp on the enemy ?

Or can you lay the field and then just use pp on the field without an enemy ?

If it’s the later one then I’m guessing pp. then explodes the field for an aoe effect ?

If this is so does it also extinguish the field once pp is used on it ?

Ice shards from ice wall is just your auto attack (matk + whatever buffs you have like blessing, fire property), dunno about fireball. Kino for pyro would be more for keeping things (like bosses) on your fireball/flame ground than it is for pping your fireballs, since fireball gets knocked back with pp, though i’m not sure if kino2’s skill keeps it in place.

i saw a vid where someone linked 2 fire balls together; they stayed in place while using PP

ohh okay, didn’t know that

Only kinda. PP knocks fireballs in the direction you’re facing, and you can turn around while using PP.

atleast PP’s SP cost doesn’t scale each level, its now 1% sp each level

The main issue with fireball isn’t moving monsters. It’s your party meleeing your fireballs out from the boss. You hope that melee will stack on 1 sides so you can stand on the other and hit them back after they are knocked out, but that rarely happens. Most dps just like to pay attention to their own damage, and seem to be half brain dead…

I’d personally go with Pyro 3, Thau 2, warlock if you want to keep your dps in a decent area when you get to end game and you still offer some pretty decent support as well. Without Thau, your dps is going to look severely gimped compared to the other classes, so you really should decide of you’re gonna be a better support (chrono) or a better dps (thau/warlock).