Tree of Savior Forum

Pyro C2 > Linker C2 > Necro C2, thoughts?

Pyro C2 - Linker C2 - Necro C2 - ???

Not decided on rank 8 but Necro C3, Rune Caster or one of the new rank 8 classes maybe.

Would this be a functional and viable build? Would it be better to run sorc instead of linker c2?

No, Wiz 3 > Linker 2 > Necro 3 is many times better.

Wiz 3 > Linker > Sorcerer 2 > Warlock 2 or Sorcerer 3 > Sage are the ways to go if you don’t want Linker C2.

This build could work but the only thing that might get unviable for this build is the pyromancer, That’s why people mostly go for wiz3>link>link2/sorc>necro3 because of its futureproof-ness.

In deciding whether you go as linker 2 or sorc, might be your preference.
Do you like having more links? or Having summoning and Cat Buffs?

I preferably pick
Wiz 3 - link 1 - sorc 1 - necro 2

Why is everyone saying necro 3 is future proof?

cuz even if suck at world bosses or pvp you still have a nice silver afk farmer.

1 Like

I do like the sound of that but can you explain to me in simple terms how dows necro work? The skills, whats important, hidden synergies and what not. I am considering exactly the build wiz 3 link 2 necro 3 but I dont exactly know why do you need wiz3 there for one thing.

Wiz 3 doesn’t have any synergy with Necro or Sorc as far as AFK farming is concerned. The quick cast attribute bonus damage doesn’t affect the damage of any of your summons, which is why necro’s can afk farm. In actual play, linker is needed to link targets because none of your summons have good AoE, wiz 3 is used to buff your own personal damage with Magic Missle and Flesh Cannon.

tbh if you don’t care about the summons/don’t see the point, you’ll actually find more use out of wiz3 necro than less.

I was in my head weighing necro 3 vs necro 1 wl 2.

I do think that the afk farming might be interesting, I’m just wondering if the necro 3 is strong enough in active play aswell vs high level mobs.

Also, what does decay even do?

Necro has the utility (Decay attribute) and the damage (Flesh Cannon, Flesh Hoop, Skeletons)

They have

• Flesh cannon that deals alot of damage which can compete with frost cloud (debate incoming).

• Shoggoth and Skeletons that can deal some damage and be used as meat shields.

From what I’ve heard, decay can decrease health of a mob and increase the damage of missile attacks w̶h̶i̶c̶h̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶ ̶s̶y̶n̶e̶r̶g̶i̶z̶e̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶S̶k̶e̶l̶e̶t̶o̶n̶ ̶A̶r̶c̶h̶e̶r̶s̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶r̶d̶ ̶c̶i̶r̶c̶l̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶n̶e̶c̶r̶o̶.̶

Edit: Forgot to add, Quickcast and its attritube can be used for Flesh Cannon since it has a casting time and can increase its damage even further.

Decay is a status effect that causes a damage over time, reducing the targets maximum hp by a fixed amount I believe. The target also takes increased damage from missle attacks. from what i can tell, it’s useless in PvE because many enemies are immune to it, and all bosses are immune as well.

Skeleton Archers do Magic Damage, not missle damage, so they don’t even get the benefits of Decay’s secondary bonus. its a stupid decision, idk if IMC is gonna change it, but it doesn’t work.

What does the summon damage scale off of then?

Is flesh cannon really that good?

And is it enough to deal even with 300k hp mobs?

On the note of silver farming, do you have to do it on lower level mobs or how?

As for shogoth its (“x” × INT) depending on its level. As for skeletons, I’m not quite sure what it scales but at level 5 and with level 20 attribute its damage is somewhere about 1k.

I think Flesh Cannon is one of the most damaging abilities in game (it also has a low cooldown which is 20 seconds). The only downside is that it consumes corpses.

Here’s an example from what I’ve seen in terms of damage in elite mobs:

Whenever I farm at dina bee, My skeletons still die, Dunno why but it still does.

Looks really good but one question. If flesh cannon is what I think I saw, cant it be duplicated by a sage? And if so, wouldnt a sage improve the damage a lot more then another 5 levels of flesh cannons?

Admittedly I would lose out on the attribute where the skellies bring me corpses I think ( which I guess could make afk almost able or able to automate ), do you feel necro 3 is on par with the other r8 wiz classes is what I mean basically.

All summons in the game that have damage scaling scale their damage off of INT only. Magic attack doesn’t do anything for their damage.

Flesh Cannon has:

• 16 hits at all levels
  • 1097 base damage at lvl 5 (meaning with Necro 1 it has a base damage potential of 17.5k total damage).
  • MATK, added attribute damage, etc. applies on each hit, meaning it scales really well (though not as well as Warlock’s Dark Theurge, which increases in both base damage and hit count the higher you level it up)
  • A 20 Second Cooldown
  • No element, meaning there are no mobs that can resist it
  • After casting it, it keeps firing at the targeted area even if you’re moving while it’s firing

It unfortunately also has:

• AoE ratio of 5, meaning that without Linker you’re only able to hit 5 targets with it
  • A very small area of effect for the spell, meaning that any enemies that move outside of that area stop taking damage (again, making Linker even more necessary)
  • The hit count remains 16 hits from level 1 to level 15, meaning that eventually it will fall off compared to options in later circles (most notably warlock)

To answer your question about 300k hp mobs (which when Rank 8 comes out will probably be commonplace):

1. Even without taking MATK into account, a level 15 FC does 2,530 base damage x 16 hits, so 40,480 base damage.
  2. By the time you get lvl 15 FC, 2k Magic Attack isn’t out of the question, so thats an additional 2k MATK x 16 hits, so add another 32k, totalling 72,480.
  3. Attribute is calculated next, lets say 50% attribute, so 72,480 x 1.5 = 108,720 total damage.
  4. Quick cast then multiplies that by another 50%, so 108,720 x 1.5 = 163,080 total damage. Also cuts the cast time in half.

So yes, flesh cannon is good for those enemies, especially with Linker so you don’t have to worry as much about pinpoint aim.

PS: Flesh cannon is an AoE spell but it’s not a persistent ground spell, so it cannot be duplicated by Sage nor can its AoE be made bigger by Sage.

Ahh, it sucks that theres no sage synergy there then. Thanks for explaining the necro skills!

Any chance you can explain to me what does the nerf to linker that they want to introduce this month is supposed to change?

From what I can tell, nothing. The “nerf” they’re introducing only affects Magic Missle’s interaction with Joint Penalty and Hangman’s Knot, and shouldn’t have anything to do with anything else.

Isnt there a hit limit being introduced? I might of misread it but I saw something about a 100 hit limit and then it breaks…

We already have that here.

Is it 100 hits per mob then or 100 in total? :confused: