Tree of Savior Forum

PvP only Plague Doctor build advices: any suggestion is greatly appreciated

Hello everyone, I’m fairly new to ToS and I’m mainly interested in PvP; I’m currently levelling up a Mage but I’m also tempted to roll a Cleric as well.

I’ve browsed around the net a bit and from my understanding Cleric 2 and Plague Doctor are basically a give, which leaves me with 4 ranks of spec choices.
After fiddling a bit with the tree options I’ve come up with this:
http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/vunoylpxjt/

Probably I’ve fallen into noob traps with point allocation and stuff so please feel free to criticize or suggest corrections.

Anyway the gist of the spec was to still have all the healing, purging and utility tools required for PvP while also being able to dish some damage if required.
The reason to go for Pardoner was to combo Discerning Evil with Incineration: I know that Pandemic doesn’t work with Incineration or any ground targetted debuff circle (source) but if figured out that on a clusterfked/CCed group of enemies I can probably pull off a Zalciai (+ optionally Deprotected Zone + Monstrance) + Hex + Discerning Evil + Pandemic + Incineration + Effigy combo. Or is it too unlikely to pull that off reliably?

I kinda feel a bit bad about going Pardoner just for Discerning Evil since Bloodletting is gonna cover as5es against CC/debuffs for 91% of the time so Indulgentia -while being good against stuff like Raise- is gonna be overall useless and Increase Magic Defense looks quite meh. Is it worth nonetheless? I’ve seen videos of people pulling out insane damage with DE + Incineration combos…

Also I’d like to know if it’s just bad to take only 1 circle of Priest… going Priest 1 for Resurrection alone feels kinda bad (Resurrection on 2 seconds sounds extremely prone to interrupts). Should I take it to rank 2 for 3/5 Revive (I’ve read Invincibility is capped at 3 seconds in PvP) and Mass Heal? In that case I could drop Krivis for another Priest rank. Or should I forego Priest completely and pick something else, like a 2nd level of Krivis? Or maybe 2nd level of Bokor so I can pick Mackangdal (pretty strong with Safe Zone) and instead relocate the Tet Mamak La and Zombify fillers with Samediveve? Or should I go Druid? Or something else? I’ve come across quite many people claiming that Dievdirby is actually legit in PvP, but to me it looks so positional and the statue casting time looks so long that I fear it’s gonna be clunky and gimmicky vs real players…

As you can see I’m confused, which is why I’m looking for suggestions from more experienced players. Thank you in advance for any insight.

Shameful self bump, anyone who can help me out?

bloodletting lvl 5 is all you need for pvp as Doctor, incinerate and healing factor are handy, but what makes PD op in pvp is bloodletting.

As for the lower classes best offensive pvp skill is Zaibas, big damage,zoning. Clerics have no cc so dont expect to be a killing machine, ur made for last not for pown.

And btw someone gonna say, omg u nub Hex powns everything ehueueh, try to aim that crap on real pvp you will not hit a single one.

Thank you for the reply shadgan_85, much appreciated.

Yeah I’ve heard that Zaibas hits like a truck, so was sort of considering getting another circle of Krivis mainly for that. Should I?
Btw I know my main purpose as a Cleric should be to keep people alive and purge anything I can, I was just considering the options to squeeze in some damage as well, hopefully as a follow up of some teammate pulling off a good AoE CC.

I still don’t know if as a healer in PvP I’m expected to run circle 2 Priest just for the 3/5 Revive (and Mass Heal as wee) or if instead I could completely forego Priest and run a 2nd level of Krivis or dunno… Druid?

As for Hexing, I thought it had target lock-on from watching the video. That’s not the case? Is it hard to aim?

Another bump, can anyone please give me some suggestions? Thank you.