Tree of Savior Forum

[ PvP ] Catalansair (5/29/17 UPDATE: final skill revamp)

Oh I see! Is there a precise number? No stats appear when I pop it up, but it’s true I sometimes block.

For exact numbers, none that I know of since it’s mystery effect afterall, just “assuming/betting” it scales of level.

1 Like

Whats the point in Lvling up Dust Devil in Corsair? you can’t even use the skill while using a 2h spear.
Since Dust Devil is just wasted skill points is it worth to rank jolly roger to Lv. 5?

Yes, you use it with durandal/sword and dagger, dust devil cancels enemy cata’s rush if spammed and timed properly. followed up by restrained double slashes or hook it is a fun combo.

Jolly Roger is more of an ET utility if you have archer team mates but then again this is a pvp build.

Oh so thats how you use that skill okay thank you. i was just unsure of how that skill would work and how to combo with it while unmounted since you only have a few skills unmounted.

1 Like

From kToS, credits to original uploader.

1 Like

what cards are you using ?

right now ellaganos but changing to glass moles since damage will be nerfed in tbl.

Whats is the biggest difference between STR CataLancer and DEX CataLancer?
I’m alrealdy Sw3Cata3Corsair1 and almost Lancer1, but i’m still thinking about this stats distribution. Think on going Full DEX, but i’m afraid i will have difficult to hit any target.
What is needed for a Full Dex Build?
PS: My stats and some skill points are to be distributed.

DEX Catalancer is very good against heavy block builds such as pelt/hop murms but will have difficulties hitting fellow evasion builds specialty archers. DEX Catalancer also gives modest surivabilty through evasion which is needed to be maximized for it to be noticable which makes DEX Catalancer more expensive to gear. Concentrate is more suitable than Gung Ho.

On the otherhand, STR Catalancer provides more stable damage than previous variant, and has no problem hitting DEX builds and moderate block builds since by nature, Catalancer have alot of block penetration, but STR Catalancer does not give surivabilty. STR Catalancer is easier to gear. Gung Ho is more suitable than Concentrate.

Gearing-wise, typically DEX Catalancer leans towards leather set while STR Catalancer leans towards plate set. In the end, it’s still a matter of personal preference.

Currently I am full DEX but considering to reset when TBL revamp comes.

• Durandal to maximize buffs from swordsman tree.
  • Concentrate skill from swordsman tree.
  • Green Gems on weapon.
  • Leather armor set preferably
1 Like

I will give a try to Full DEX CataLancer :sweat_smile:
Lets see how it works!
Thanks for the answer :heart:

1 Like

There will be a TBL revamp soon, you might want to hold on for awhile, or if not just use stat reset from the event.

During your tests were you able to find out if Con scales lancer block chance? And if so does Finestra multiply it accordingly?

I tested various lancer builds and never went high CON in any of those thus can’t answer your questions. Though, I am considering going high CON since I’m overflowing with block penetration 1075 lol. I’ll let you know when there is a noticable difference.

What this revamp will be? Can you give me a link to any topic explaining? And why STR would be better than a full Dex build? Sorry to ask many questions, but i felt i need to spend the stats points, so i went with the full DEX build and leveled concentrate to 15, and left Gung Ho with 0 points.
But i might change it with the skill and stats reset potion if the needed.

Lesser damagemakes stacking HP more valuable than modest evasion. I might go high CON, we need to wait for the update to be certain.

you will miss quite a bit against mob, don’t go pure dex. try 1str:2dex. If you needed evasion add evasion point on your pet. What we have and most classes don’t is our mount stats

Reseted to catagoon, already missed joust. :cry:

One question: WHY???
Lancer is wayyyyy better than dragoon at the moment, even in PVE. Don’t take pookemoo as an example of catagoons in TBL, he has trans 10 regard horn pike lol

Catagoon is playable in more TBL situations than lancer as it can dish damage without enganging BUT Lancer does better damage than catagoon and is better in terms of utility, played one for long to know. Ohh, and pookemoo is my guildmate our damage isn’t that far. xD