Tree of Savior Forum

[ PvP ] Catalansair (5/29/17 UPDATE: final skill revamp)

hop2 builds go for STR or STR con then level up Gung Ho, your investment in DEX will be wasted since evasion will be removed by finestra, also there’s no speed attack skill in that path.

while Sw3 > Cata3 > Dragoon 1 > Lancer can go full dex or DEX/STR you can add CON as you prefer. Yeah EW damage is mediocre and is only a tool for knocking down.

Is true that cata 3 is dead for pve? I tried sw 3 cata 3 lancer dragon 1 = little trash

sw3 hop 3 drag1 lancer1 = meh

pls real dmg build for lancer? ;=;

It all depends in your gear, even if the multiplier is high, it’s useless if you are undergeared.

@Tanzen I have catacombs pike +7 and nyx set… its okay?strong text

1 Like

I saw something interesting on this topic.

2x6sec +50% Pierce damage debuff is a big asset for a pierce-only class, which doesn’t even require you to swap between spear and rapier. Also, Finestra AoE attribute should serve lancer well.

1 Like

I have a SW3/Cata3/Goon1
With my +10 catapike i getting surprisingly the #1 Spot on missions/duns.
Not if a ele/doppel is there but the dmg is okay.
I may have 2 sissels and max peta and 3x 125 atk headgears^^"

Still get plate as high con cata or beter cloth?
OR go full leather for Crit?
For pvp.

1 Like

With that sort of stuff, you can be first damage dealer 99% of the time.When i level smurfs, they are always top DPS, but high level, stuffed, versus high level stuffed, you will immediatly see the truth.

For PvE, and without any exageration, Doppel C3 can have 10 times Dragoon 2 burst and DPS.
For PvP, every viable damage dealer will outdamage you.

Go Leather, actually, armor is useless for PvP, that’s just a fix reduction. Take 20000 damage or 19500, lol.
Actually, don’t look too much about PvP, that’s unbalanced and the balance of PvP will start when the balance of PvE will be down.

1 Like

either, leather or plate, definetly NOT cloth.

Since it’s the last day of reset this will be the last skill revamp,

Swordsman Skills
3/15 Bash
(If High/Full STR) 15/15 Gung Ho
(If High/Full DEX) 15/15 Concentrate
12/15 Pain Barrier
10/10 Restrain
5/5 Double Slash

Double Slash is now maxed since it has became a decent damage source, points were taken away from pain barrier but worry not we have C3 attribute to compensate with the pain barrier duration lost. Also, you can either choose ‘Gung Ho if STR build’ or ‘Concentrate if DEX build’.

Cataphract Skills
5/15 Impale
5/15 Earth Wave
5/15 Steed Charge
10/10 Doom Spike
15/15 Trot
5/5 Rush

Impale, Earth Wave, and Steed Charge is changed to lvl 5, these skills are utility skills but why are they lvl 5? It’s because a lvl 1 Steed Charge and Earth Wave requires full charge to be casted, leveling it up makes it easier to instant cast, that is why we divided it evenly. In the other hand, Doom Spike deals decent damage but have longer charge time. Rush and Trot remains the same.

Corsair Skills
5/5 Hook
5/5 Keel Hauling
5/5 Dust Devil

Now, we have removed Jolly Roger and replaced it with additional kits in our Corsair class, one of which is ‘Keel Hauling’ this deals absurd damage but is hard to execute since it requires Iron Hook Chain attribute to be disabled. It can pull away clerics from their safety zones. The other one is Dust Devil, a fun tool but again it is tricky to use, this skill can cancel rush of enemy cataphracts, it requires sword and dagger sub weapons.

Lancer
4/5 Crush
4/5 Quaintain
1/5 Joust
1/5 Unhoursing
5/5 Initiate

Initiatly one might ask why Crush and Quaintain is not maxed. It is because our objective is to maximize our tools not our damage. Why did we max Initiate instead? we need all the survivability we can get since damage mitigation has been nerfed, even if the chances are low we rely on dodges and blocks. Joust used to be a damage skill, now it’s just a utility skill, useful on breaking magic circles and silencing magic classes. Unhoursing is a ‘one point wonder’ that deals good damage.

Other lancer builds I have tried:

PvE :

• sw3> hl3 > goon > lancer
  • sw2> hop2 > cata3> lancer

PvE/PvP :

• sw3> cata3> goon > lancer

PvP :

• sw3> cata3> pelt> lancer
1 Like

possible to SS ur stats and possible equipments ?
just curious if going full dex, will it affect the accuracy badly?
thx ur reply will be deeply appreciated ._.

1 Like

• full dex + full ellaganos cards

• weapon (green gems)

• glove gem (seedmia gem)

• boots gem (empty) adding green gems

• top gem (empty) adding red gems

• bottom gem (yellow gems) replacing with red gems

• dhrag bracelet to compensate accuracy lost by being full DEX

• headgears 2 sets: patk+critatk and pdef+HP

To check the gears in varena server, if I am on my catalansair you may run the command: /memberinfo Tanzen

Hey i’m hop 3 sw 3 goon1 lancer full str, its ok? or full dex its better?

2-is really worth invest on gun ho?

3- initiate is really worth? cuz the duration is so low…

1 Like

Hi! i’ve been following your topic for a couple of days and it gave me alot of informations. Thanks very much! Im more of a PVE guy and i dont want to give up on cata. I really like it, so im thinking about going SW2>HOP2>CATA3>LANCER, what do you say about stats location on this build? Full STR is better than DEX right? Because of the debuff on evasion of the finestra. Any more tips?
Thankssss =)

1 Like
  1. full/high STR
  2. yes if STR build, but at sw circle 1 it would not matter much, since gung ho and concentrate shines on sw circle 3
  3. pvpwise it is worth, at lancer C3 it should have 100% uptime

EDIT:
3.since your lancer is pve, max unhoursing instead of initiate.

Thanks for reading my guide.

Like most hoplite builds, high STR or full STR, then upgrade Gung Ho. Indeed, finestra removes evasion from DEX investment that is why it’s imractical to go DEX with hoplite builds, the block from hoplite “may” synergize with Initiate’s “mystery block”.

EDIT:
3.since your lancer is pve, max unhoursing instead of initiate. l

I did d math, u r right, gung ho is better to str.

@Tanzen

Thanks for the reply and amazing work!
but i tried gun ho max yesterdays my hit from 800 goes 1000 is realy like that?

Interested in seeing some post rebalance gameplay😀

Same gameplay, feel free to spectate my matches or other catalansair’s matches.

1 Like

Sorry if I’m missing something but you say you max initiate for survivability, yet the only stats I see from the skill are block pen and reduced enemy block, how is that helping for survivability?

Initiate gives a mysterious effect that enables lancers to proc blocks.