Tree of Savior Forum

[ PvP ] Catalansair (5/29/17 UPDATE: final skill revamp)

Can you post more PvP videos? Of your own or other players playing

1 Like

after trying all the builds in the Cata tree, my preference (for pve) is SW3-C3-D1-L1

good skill rotation, good buffs( PB is a must) and the combo GaeBulg-Crush-Quintain plus the dragoon atribute is a boss melting build, ideal for the crystal mine mission and i can farm in HG

2 Likes

@Tanzen

Hey can i ask what cards do you use for full DEX type?

Just to confirm im at lv 231 now is it wise to invest Green gems on weapons at my current level?

Last questions Why impaler over doomspike? does impaler does alot dmg in pvp? can i leave it at level 1 and max impaler instead?

1 Like

I will as much as I can with my limited data plan, though If you want to see the build in action you might want to spectate my fights, I always do TBL around 10, in SEA. There are also some good and well invested lancers of same build that i know in SEA, like TIDMAN, ISUD, Kanocon (probably quited).

I use full ellaganos cards to maximize my evasion and concentrate bonus damage. Impaler over doomspike because, doomspike has become underwhelming and crush and quaintain got buffed and is enough source for pierce damage while Impaler is strike damage it is good against plate armors which is mostly used in TBL.

Oh alright. Btw is it wise to go full Dex now since im still in the leveling stage?

1 Like

Heya~ i read this post multiple times to get to know more of this class.
As this is more of a PvP class. Can i get a recommendation of what class to use for PvE instead?
As of now im still using this guide (sw3/cata3/cor1/lan1 Fulldex)
Shall i go (sw2/hop2/squire3/lan1 full str) or (sw3/cata3/dragoon1/lan1 full dex) for PvE?
im really torn between the two. Thanks so much!

1 Like

I’ve been seeing sw3 cata 3 shino lancer in TBL, did they change shino skill or did they dismount first to cast shino skills?

1 Like

Yes, aside from bonus concentrate damage DEX also provides you a sort of survivability. Also, the reset event might end soon.

If you don’t want to take high DEX, you may also get high STR, just make sure to level up Gung Ho instead of Concentrate.

Thanks for repeatedly viewing my guide!
As for PvE, I have tested various lancer builds, the best ones that performed are:

sw3> hl3> drag > lancer (DEX)

• this performed best, very viable in solmiki, I was able to rank 1 in 25F and 30F solmiki boss.
  • have alot of skill rotation, have no skill downtime
  • though this sucks at pvp

sw3 > cata3 > drag > lancer (DEX)

• this one have also decent rotation but have skill downtime unlike like highlander build
  • this build can pvp

I am not sure if they have changed shino-lancer skill interaction, I also want to test shinobi too but the quest is too hassle to take, mostlikely theydismount first to cast, also the bunshins can’t use cataphract and lancer skills because they don’t have mount, it’ll probably use sw3 skills only.

1 Like

Bro, concentrate scale better than gung ho w dex or str, do the math.

concentrate scales better only if high DEX

with attribute, that would be multiplied by 1.5 or 4.5 per DEX, 2.25 per STR which is appox. 1.8k for DEX and 900 for STR and Concentrate damage ignores Defence. Although I would only recommend enough to
scale it to 1k per tick

my concentrate damage:

2 Likes

UPDATE:
revamp skill distribution 2

changes

• Earth Wave is now level 1 due to mediocre multiplier, points is allocatedin Doom Spike and Impaler
  • Doom Spike is now maxed

working on

• stat distribution
  • corsair skill set

I expressed myself badly, I meant that concentrate scale better with str than gung ho, because that i just ignore gung ho n put 15 in concentrate.

1 Like

I shall try Sw3/cata3/goon1/lancer1 dex :slight_smile: Thanks for the tips!
Btw what skills should i take on goon1?

1 Like

@hacubihyacinth
PvE: 5 serpentine 5 dragon slash 5 dragoontooth
PvP: 5 serpentine 5 dragon slash 5 gae bolg

1 Like

Someone pls help me with lancer PVE build?

1 Like

Thanks for the big big help! :slight_smile:

1 Like

imo, PvE best performance is sw3highlander3goon1lancer, second sw3cata3goon1lancer.

Yo @Tanzen

i was thinking going sw2 > Hoplite2 > Cata3 > lancer

With the full dex i gain Extra Crit chance with Finestra lv10 = +150 , Currently my Crit rate is = 392 ( after finestra = 542 )

With that i sacrifice Concentration lv 10 and restrain lv 5. Is it worth it?

2nd question.

Is it worth to balance Dex and str?
Dex 2 : 1 Str ?

Considering balanced role in PVP and PVE.
Your thoughts please thanks. waiting for my rank reset timer to make the next build

Or i should just go the norm like u said Sw3 > Cata3 > Dragoon 1 > Lancer. Full dex or balanced dex/str
Oh and why leave Earth wave at 1? mediocre dmg?

1 Like