Tree of Savior Forum

PvP cata-goon build

Probably people jumping mains. For example main used to be catagoon (which was almighty in all game modes despite people thinking catagoon was no good in PvE in fact he was), but now main is SR3 or Dopple cuz they’re simply better in PvP (SR3) or ET (Dopple) now. So they would sell their end-game spear and buy the endgame 2h sword for example.

Apparently catagoon is still the second most popular build on iToS.

Not sure why though. I guess old habits die hard.

Edit: Upon more analysis it looks like the #1 build went up 21 spaces, and the #2 build (which is cata-goon) went down 3 spaces. A reflection of the impact from the combat rebalance I guess.

in PVP catagoon is still ridiculously powerful, but then again so are most classes.

The funny thing is I looked at the PvP rankings (today is sunday so it’s accurate) and I saw that the highest ranking swordsman is a fencer…and that’s the only one that’s in top 10. The highest ranking dragoon is in the 30s…

Sigh.

But w/e I decided to stick with Sw2 -> Pelt -> Cata3 -> Dragoon. Even though with double slash and higher level of concentrate you can do more damage, in the end your damage is dependent on your weapon. For me no matter which catagoon build I go with I do bad damage since my weapon sucks and I’ve tested a few. At least with swashbuckle I can farm lv140 dungeon with ease lol. Too painful to solo dungeons w/o swashbuckle.

I also found that I’m too weak for the lv320 HG. I definately need a weapon upgrade which should come soon enough.

Apparently dopple is 10x stronger in PvE? That’s a pretty ridiculous difference if true…

I reset my Doppel today to Lancer and after that to catagoon.
So same Eq same money for Attributes and weapons are nearly same strong.(+10catapike/+8 Pajitoras 15m Attributes)

Doppels strongest skill is way strongen then goon/lancer skills.
Zornau is almost 2x so strong.

Then there is Redel/Punish/Zucken/Zwerchau.

But dragoon did better in solo saalus/Sia then lancer.
All sw3/cata3

Resetting back to dopple soon? I’m pretty sure dopple is much much stronger atm. The punish damage numbers make me drool.

Yeah.
I have a R7 catagoon and wasn´t sure if i take lancer or goon.
So i tested both today i reset him back to doppel for sure^^

How much stronger would you say dopple is relative to catagoon? Is it really 10x as strong?

I think the reason catagoon is doing bad in PvP is because it doesn’t have damage. And you actually do need damage to kill even in TBL. Some classes may be able to 1 shot with crappy weapons, but catagoon doesn’t have that luxury.

10x is a bit too much.
But im sure at bossing i deal at least 4x the dmg from the goon.

But doppel needs many many pots to survive…

What are the pots for? You mean HP or SP pots?

AFAIK Deeds of valor is only +18% more incoming damage.

I guess its more a range thing.(Hp pots)
I use gae bulg>Serpentine>Dethrone x2>double slash

With doppel you always near to the enemy.

Have 3 glassmole card so i always spam sp pots.

For some reason i feel like the hit box of dethrone is more narrow now…

I literally bought a blue 315 HG 2h spear (UnID) for 700k yesterday off the marketplace. Meanwhile the cheapest 1h 315 HG spear is 2.5m.

This means people actually prefer 1h spear now.

That’s simple to compare Dragoon best multipliers are 1200 (with overheat) and 1500%
Zornhau alone deal a lot more damage than that even if Dragoon skills are buffed by Serpentine.

Then most offensive skills are far, far higher multiplier than Dragoon so even if this one have a slightly better attack it don’t compensate anything. Doppel burst is something like 4 or 5 x more. His DPS after 30 second for exemple will also be extremly superior.

Dragoon only advantages are range from the weak dethrone and the situationnal gae bulg + cataphract trot.

If Dragoon has an access to both corsair C1 + Shinobi + Doppel C3, it will be the strongest PvP class, by far, far away. Maybe R9 :stuck_out_tongue: ?

Also, if we look at very end-game, compare both items to Solmiki THS, look the bonus stats lol.

Zornhau has over 4000-5000% not sure exactly.
Redel 3000%+
Punish Deals crazy aoe dmg.

Dragoon has good buffs,
They just don´t have a good skill to make use of it.

Maybe imc know this and give dragoon some Attributes/stronger dmg skills on R9.

1 Like

In the last patch, manual block was reverted to its previous behaviour in PvE. Which means there is no cooldown anymore for PvE.

In the latest kToS patch (on test server), it looks like swashbuckling’s taunt effect has been significantly enhanced:

I guess the one good thing to come out of a super weak catagoon is that 2h spears are at record low prices. Just got a pevordimas pike with 2 sockets and full durability for 1.5m. Seems like value of 2h spears are dropping by the day. Maybe purine pevordimas spear will become chump change in a week or so.

kToS changes:

1. Doom spike no longer requires charging (lawl), CD reduced to 15s from 20s
  2. Dethrone width increased by 40% (honestly this seems to me just like it’s reverting a nerf tho)
  3. Dragon soar range increased by 30% (lol needed)
  4. Steed charge ranged increased by 2.5 times (rofl need to test this)
  5. Dragon tooth cooldown reduced from 17 to 15 seconds (good i guess)

PvP related changes:

1. Buff duration reduced to 33% of its original duration. Good, no more perma invincibility and other bullshit.
  2. Weapon trans nerfed by 50% (good, but is it enough?)
  3. crowd control effect will have diminishing effects, ie second freeze will be half as long, and useless after the 4th time
  4. moving speed increase nerfed by 50%, (trot nerfed by 50% lawlz)
  5. missile hole nerfed (?)

Mostly good changes, but this is far from enough. Catagoon is still dead I’d say especially considering the trot nerf, needs a lot more buffs to be relevant…

1 Like

Trot nerf + not any damage change => massive nerf.

Look at the Wizard change to compare … that’s disgusting.

Also the Hoplite triple dash make it worthless to take Cataphract with low damage and Trot nerfed.

1 Like

hmmm remember that “long list” i posted on may 5th? xD wonder what more we can cross off the list now lmao[quote=“ijbest, post:469, topic:302061”]
A list of things that I think should be nerfed or changed in PvP for the balance, off the top of my head, that we have right now on iToS:
[/quote]