Tree of Savior Forum

PvP cata-goon build

sighs It’s a list of things that should be nerfed or changed, I even put the word “changed” in bold and italicized it just for someone like you who thinks everything was about nerf. These things could be made better to make PvP experience more enjoyable.

If you don’t understand why something’s on my list, then say so.

Lets not even talk about PvP experience, because from that “[ PvP ] Catalansair” guide alone lmao but that’s neither here nor there (apparently).

Better yet @Tanzen, let me ask you this, what changes do you think will be made in the PvP balance patch IMC’s working on? :thinking:

If you nerf / changes every spells that are specifically designed for PvP, you will just kill what is unique for every classes.

If you have something to change, that’s damaging skills. SO MUCH have the same animation, hit, etc …

No one said nerf/change every spell specifically designed for PvP. I listed skills that I deemed problematic for a balanced PvP.

You can change something without killing it, the game Tree of Savior itself is proof of that.
Another example; they changed the Impaler skill before, now its only 8 sec duration in PvP at all skill levels, did that kill what’s unique to the Cataphract class? No. Did it stop players from taking swordsmen into PvP with their Cataphracts? No.
Same thing with Psychokino and Gravity Pole, it got changed, it used to be very over powered. You still see Psychokinos in PvP.
The list goes on and on.

They really did straight up kill Gravity Pole in pvp tho. Not the class obviously but the skill is pretty useless at the moment.

1 Like

After the rebalance is it worth to take Cata over C1?
The dmg from the skills look weak.

I wouldn’t take cata without taking it all the way to C3.

Lv5 trot isn’t gonna be a very good experience.

this is sad, i cant see another option for people who like pvp and like spear better than cata.
hoplite is pve as ■■■■ =(

yea hoplite is pure PvE

hop2 with corsair has some pvp applications to close the gap after iron hook with long stride.

for 2x2 maybe, but you will be forced to get dragon c2 and lancer is way better now.

Sw3->cata3->corsair-> lancer is way better to pvp than sw3-hop2-corsair-dragon2

There are cors3 builds and cors2 murm builds that work as well.

How about sw3>Hop2(3)>Cor2(1)>Lancer1
If lancer gives the mount attribute too?

2 things:

1. Long Stride can’t be used while mounted, so you will dismount when you use it.
    2.) Lancer skills are 2h spear only, so you will not be able to use synchro thrusting…which isnt the end of the world for non Murms.

That being said, you are much better off just going cata3 instead of hop3.

Actually it makes sense to me that lancer would be better for PvP, however as it currently stands, it looks to be better for PvE as well than dragoon2, which is a BIG problem imo.

These are builds I want to test over the next 2 weeks:

1. Sw2 -> Pelt -> Cata3 -> Dragoon2
  2. Sw3 -> Cata3 -> Corsair -> Lancer
  3. Sw3 -> Cata3 -> Dragoon2

I also want to test the following skills:

1. Gae bulg

Pelt is too risky imo. The advantage of SW C3 was primarly to have access to a guaranteed stun with every Lancer / Cata skill. With 30%, the chances are high, but not guaranteed and not at all on low hit skills.

Also, now, swordsman c3 can have stronger buffs (and that’s worth), also, a very good offensive skil (instant skill 600+ % with 3 overheat)

Your second build is the way to go.

The third, we hope changes. Gae Bulg is not worth to max : high CD, no overheat, fixed range + throw weapon away. Damages are ok but the spell is not reliable at all. You can just touch players already controlled by someone else.

Looks like the build is not actually dead you just need better equip:

Still looks messed up that double slash is the most powerful skill lol

https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#1111777ff.234c5f6a85.112f3f415865.15253a4555

Pelt was nerfed significantly in this re-balance, and so we must drop pelt from our build.

3 main reasons:

-Guardian no longer gives percentage based evasion. It used to be 18% evasion, now it’s a flat 150. Percentage based buffs are usually much better in the long run. This makes this buff crappy. Look at finestra that now gives 250% more block and you can see that they did want to nerf guardian evasion-wise.
-The manual block has been butchered, it barely works now. You press it once and you have to wait for like 3-5 seconds until you can press it again. I thought that in PvE it’s supposed to be the same behavior but it doesn’t seem to be the case when testing in town.
-Rim blow and umbo both have long execution times, too long to be used for DPS and have stance requirement of shield

Guardian is still a good buff with its % increase in defense

Guardian was never in this build for the DEF bonus though, it was almost purely for the evasion bonus.

The only part I still need to figure out is how to distribute stats for this build now. I’m thinking 1:1:1 CON:DEX:STR. CON for HP and more effective potions, DEX for attack speed and block penetrate, STR for accuracy and more damage.

It’s still mostly gear though. Well actually it’s more gear based than before. But it seems that you can obtain good gear easier now. Well…maybe not exactly with the 20k DPK on the new HG equip.