Tree of Savior Forum

PvP cata-goon build

btw here is the spreadsheet that has the updated skill values:

it seems to be continually updated. but i don’t think it contains the cata buffs yet.

but ya, cata just got buffed on Ktest:
https://pastebin.com/Bxg4vAT1\

[quote][Cataphract]
Earth Wave:
- Damage Factor has been increased from 48% to 71%, Damage Factor per level has increased from 2.6% to 3.9% (Lv 15’s Factor 84% → 125%)
- Now has 8 AOE Attack Ratio.

Doom Spike:
- Damage Factor has been increased from 79% to 118%, Damage Factor per level has increased from 5.5% to 8.3% (Lv 15's Factor 128% → 192%)
- Now has 8 AOE Attack Ratio.
Rush:
- Damage Factor has been increased from 56% to 107%, Damage Factor per level has increased from 6.7% to 12.8% (Lv 5's Factor 82% → 158%)[/quote]

No dragoon c2 buff or subzero shield nerf yet.

As a Catagoon main, i’m glad to read that

625% for Earth Wave, that’s still a little bit low but that’s better than 400% lol.

Doom Spike However is very good now 960% level 10.

Rush now deal 474%/seconds, that’s very cool now but imo still inferior as it was before (on live).

1 Like

After some deep thought(like 5mins) I’ve come to the conclusion that the devs aren’t sure what they want to do with Cataphract.

Looking at the patch numbers, we’ll probably have to be tanky enough to survive everything while constantly poking at and knocking down the enemy til we get them in the perfect spot to nuke em.
I’ll probably try to get 200 CON and put the rest on STR.
1 Minotaur card
3 Blut Cards
1 Dullahan card
3 Nuaele cards
Maxed Lancer: Knockdown Chance attribute
lol while trying to get the most HP from my pet… actually do pets even give hp in tbl?

Or go full damage mode with the leather gear, hoplite, a bunch of ellaganos cards, 1:1 dex str lol

To gvg i’m thinking something like: swd3, cata3, pelt1, lancer

2:1 str:con, gear full def n mdef, sacmet (because meta will be something like str:dex gear critical+leather)
pelt1 to 17%~25% plus pdef (don’t know witch number will be after patch)
4 nuaele
+4 card empty, yet.

55k hp, w pet w gear + plate set, but without trans.

Critical rate cost too much after patch to swd tree wo hop.

Crush+quintain already land tons of dmg, dont need critical at d moment n 5/7 dmg came from weapon, 1/7 from status and 1/7 from level, so a excelent weapon is enough to boom.

If IMC does it right , there won’t be a single valid build but tons of valid builds.

Here’s to hoping lol.

I agree that right now r8 for lancer looks superior though.

For them to make more valid builds they’d have to increase the damage scaling on some skills, make more skills usable while mounted, among other things… Swordsman is super restricted.

Cataphract class itself is a huge problem if they don’t give it more dps. How I see it, it should’ve been more on par with Elementalist but a close ranged, mobile, smaller aoe version.
Speed balanced by it’s need to charge skills, tankiness balanced by the close range of the skills, power balanced by skill animations. lol that wind up time on earthwave, steed charge and doom spike you would expect crazy damage… but after you use the skill its like “hehe XD jk no dmg here”

AFAIK the test patch goes live today.

AFAIK cata-goon is the most popular swordie build in kToS.

So let’s wait to see what the korean catagoon players think of this patch before panicking lol.

Test server catagoon and lancer, he is using 315 orange weapon and passives 90+ i think.

@fatedhour last time i saw it was pelta3 rodelero3 but i think it was before r8 heh

1 Like

makes me wonder what stage the weap is lol and how many times it was enhanced geez lol

H Levine:

He was on Sw2-Pelt before, but he changed to Sw3 now. I wonder what he will stick with at the end though. Because AFAIK they can change their build once every day.

Tbh im still not convinced about gae bulg however double slash looks pretty good.

Double slash R3 superior to any Cataphract skill is pretty weird.

Gae Bulg suck anyway despite the potential damage. High CD, not reliable, throw weapon.

1 Like

Yea over time I’m starting to agree with you @Ashurah

I see where you coming from now…

After looking at SR3 vids, then Lancer vids that dnt have cata in the build… i ask myself… What’s the point in cataphract? You pretty much only have speed. I was hyped about the changes, now I’m like “WTH is this!?”

1 Like

Just realized the vid I linked was a lancer build not even cata-goon. Now his class choices make more sense now…

Anywho, looked at his dopple vid…damn it’s mad strong.

[quote]Peltasta:
Shield Guard:
- The Block rate Increase rate has been changed from 126 to 550.
- Now has a 3 Second Cooldown after releasing/Cancelling Guard. ( PVP ONLY! )[/quote]

Wtf are they really nerfing peltasta in PvP?

Eh it is a nerf/buff. Holding up Shield Guard makes you effectively immune to physical damage so it was a bit OP to be able to turn it on and off at will.

I dont understand how the shield guard part was a buff? I used to have almost 3k block from shield guard and now it is only 550? Thats a big nerf imo

Where is the buff part?

Don’t the notes say increase from 126 to 550? I don’t see how that isn’t a buff unless I am missing something.

126 block is nothing, we used to get thousands of block from shield guard