Tree of Savior Forum

PvP cata-goon build

For a level 15 rank 6 C3 that’s EXTREMLY bad.

Earth Wave : 420% after cast time, no overheat
Doom Spike : 640% after cast time, no overheat

Now compare :

Rank 5, Hoplite C3 :
Spear Throw : 779% x2 overheat (and hello Geras Spear if you want +50% FINAL damage) with a HUGE 200 critrate bonus with finestra

I will not detail more : this skill alone overkill the EW+DS combo.

Rank 5, Barbarian C3 :
Helm Chopper : 300%x2 + 2 overheat
Stomp : 878% with 3 overheat
And Giant Swing : 3-0-9-6% with HUUUUUGE CC

I will not detail anymore but :

• Peltasta C3, R4 deal more damage as a tank than a R6 class C3 damage oriented

• Same for Highlander C3 R4

• SAME FOR SWORDSMAN C3 R3 (still not absurd or you just hate Cataphract players ?)

• Rodelero, the class you take take beside Cataphract R4 have 6 skills who deal over 700% damage, most of them have overheat 2 or 3. And he has a 1200% skill (also with overheat), boosted by 150% when you are Murmillo.

• Corsair 2 C2 offensive skills are stronger, even the hook.

• Oh ! The Squire C2 deal less damage than Cataphract … because he don’t have any damaging skill.

Cataphract is bad, that’s a fact, not a personal point of view. And even if that extremly weak, most swordsman classes are not very good too.

man quit all that crying xD How i see it, if we go pvp, we better heap on a ton of defenses.
Last time i checked this was a PVP thread. lol barbarian? spear throw? highlander!? get outta here with that noise, we know they aren’t killing anyone.
CATAPHRACT we have the speed- Trot, we have the mount- more potential def stats, we have the knock downs and knockbacks (rush, steed charge, earth wave, doom spike) We also have the kidnapper aka Impaler. Hell we even have passive block penetration.

Looking at the “test”, emphasis on TEST server stuff, go str for some accuracy, go a lot of Con, get plate armor, put tanky gear on mount and enhance it. Raid Boss Dullahan with his head still on.

1 Like

@nikstan139

Wrong topic?

Just played a little on ktest pvp with a cata dragoon, no killing the entire team with rush anymore but dethrone and ccs are still freaking good. Also i noticed that the block pen passive is not enough anymore… Oh and wiz CC is the king again killing everyone.
But we need to have in mind that everyone was mostly using white gear.

1 Like

I think the game would be more fun and balanced if everyone has to use white gear tbh lol

1 Like

Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to mourn for our eyes. :joy:

1 Like

Oh, the times when player skill and team work mattered more, and the only needed balance was to reduce durations of hard CCs and increase CC resistance of some classes.

Currently, it’s just mostly OHKO with trans 10.

Painful to look at lol. I could only stand to watch a few seconds of that mess.

Anyways, I think we’ll be alright. This is one of the most popular meta builds, and I doubt it would be broken.

Because think about it, cata is the base to both lancer and dragoon, both of which are highly popular rank 8 classes, they wouldn’t really wreck the base class. Now sw2/sw3 are the base class for basically over half of the classes, so they wouldn’t mess it up. Dragoon is one of the most popular classes period in the swordsman tree, I doubt they would mess it up as well.

Pelt is also one of the most popular base classes lol and I doubt they could mess it up, but if it’s messed up it’s not really that big of a deal, because pelt isn’t really essential to this build. Neither is sw3, so the two are interchangeable.

I hope they don’t bring that skill perma-charge bug here when the changes are implemented and decide to only fix it a few weeks/months later. Hahaha.

Dat Gae Bulg doe. :smiley: It’s possible we’re going to see a change in skill rotations e.g. Dethrone (and hope for bind) > Gae Bulg > close range skills (benefiting from Gae Bulg’s minor boost and debuff on enemy).

Still a risky skill though especially in 5v5 or GvG scenarios. Targetting seems to be still the same (fixed distance, no reticle). I kinda wish they lowered the CD from 30s to 20s for that 50% debuff (10s) uptime like with Serpentine if ever one maxes the skill.

Hopefully when things are set in stone, the rewards are worth the risks.

Can’t seem to see it in the video, does Dragon Soar finally throw targets in the air? When Restrain is down, it could be a good additional CC.

How about Dragon Tooth’s charging time at higher levels? I kinda hoped they’d introduce a “fast charge” attribute at C2 (maybe C3).

Cataphract “power” xD … Even with the new Serpentine debuff (50% instead of 100%), we will have a ridiculous burst. And not so easy to place in PvP with cast and animation time (outside of Dethrone who suck as the “ultimate” skill).

They don’t fix Gae Bulg attributes to make it truly interessting ? Gae Bulg is a suicide skill imo, that’s not viable.

But yeah, things are not set in stone yet, we will probably receie massive buffs, especially on Cataphract (entire kit lol) and Dragoon C2.

For the casting time of Dragon Tooth, it will maybe charge faster with your DEX ?

C3, i hope for a true powerfull offensive burst skill if Dethrone is not buffed. I’m also curious to look at Lancer C2 since C1 is highly better now than Dragoon C2 who rely exclusively on Serpentine debuff.

this looks pretty nice compared to the cata one

1 Like

Ya looks pretty good in PvP. What’s the build?

looks like a sword3, hop1, cor3, shinobi

maybe this kinda
https://tos-ktest.neet.tv/skill-planner#11114888d.233f5f6a81.35.2f7f8a95.1325314155

is that skill he’s starting the fight off with the one that gives him invisibility? also why hop1?

yes, hop1 probably for finestra, more crit rate and aoe attack ratio.

Honestly pistol shot looks superior to dethrone right now. It’s very easy to use, doesn’t seem like you even need to aim.

@ijbest I’m very happy to see that physical oriented Inquisitor can be very strong with God Smash + Breaking Wheel. Conviction + 3 God Smash on Breaking Wheel can be EXTREMLY impressive (the God Smash x3 alone will do 6000% xD).

Assuming you max a skill @fatedhour :

Keel Hauling : 2852% ( WTF ?)
Hexen Dropper : 1372% (x2)
Pistol Shot : 1614% (x2)

Dethrone : 1238% (x2)
Dragon Soar : 1205%
Gae Bulg : 1506%
Serpentine : 1167%
Dragontooth : 1332%

But, Serpentine will increase the damage by 50% + Corsair skill have a longer cooldown. It’s a lot but … if we consider that it’s Rank 8 + use a two-handed weapon + don’t have any form of utility outside of damage, that’s not so good.

Especially if we consider that you will have 10% reduced max HP too (Restrain debuff now, but i’m ok about that, the -500HP was ridiculous before xD) and a single usable spell from rank 4-6 (Trot, everything else suck, A LOT).

Why take Dragoon 2, when you can take Corsair + Lancer instead ? Same damage, far higher utility.

I would like to see :

• Dragon Soar who flinch targets into the air !
  • A combo with that “in the air” state (exemple : Dragontooth casted instant, X or Y spell deal more damage to them, etc …)
  • A rework on Gae Bulg (no more fixed range, a usefull attributes)
  • More damage on Dethrone but less range (and a readable range please, actually, i have to admit that it is no brain)

corsair + lancer is nice on paper, but without cata, lancer is kinda weak im not sure I’d want to do it like that.

but still I do think corsair is in a very good position right now, and I don’t think i’d want to take dragoon2 over it cuz pistol shot, hook, keel hauling is just tearing it up right now.

That will suck if we need Trot 15 and can’t have any other viable offensive skill before rank 7. Restrain + Trot + Concentrate + Gung-Ho until rank 7 8D !

You can do that as a Lancer : SC3, Cata C3, Corsair, Lancer

6 rank for buffs.
1 rank for CC.
1 rank for different things

That’s sad to resume it like that T-T.

For Corsair, something to max damage output can be good :

Leather armor
Spear + Pistol
SW3, HOP => for buffs
Corsair C3 => what you want
Shinobi => that class receive some good buffs

:confused: cataphract is in such an awkward state if they give it low damage… hmmm…

Well @Di3rn says the block pen passive is not enough anymore, so this leads me to believe initiate is a must. We can probably ditch dex altogether and get Lancer for the Initiate buff and stat for CON/STR

ZZZZZzzzz and all the %s scale like crap too as you level it, who the hell is coming up with these numbers?!

lol oh well it’s just a test.