Tree of Savior Forum

PvP cata-goon build

what do you mean archers?

Im starting to feel this build is gonna do alright with everyone else getting nerfed xD

https://tos-ktest.neet.tv/skill-planner#1113777ff.254a5a65.153545.112f3f415865.152a4a55

Haven’t actually changed anything though from live.

A couple of notes:

1. I can see bash is a LOT better now
  2. I have heard that concentrate scales with dex now so should be really good now
  3. Umbo blow looks buffed but it probably still won’t go on my hotkeys
  4. Impaler looks useable now , doing serviceable damage
  5. Earth wave and DS looks decent
  6. Dragoon skills look okay…dethrone is more gear based for its damage now. Not really sure why serpentine damage bonus got halved…wonder what happened to spear lunge?

I’m actually happy they nerfed thrust, because spamming that seems really boring.

Edit: looking at gae bulg now, it actually seems decent. I think you can now slot it in w/o any issues.

Gae bolg version 1:
https://tos-ktest.neet.tv/skill-planner#1113777ff.254a5a65.153545.112f3f415865.152a354555

Gae bolg version 2:
https://tos-ktest.neet.tv/skill-planner#1113777ff.254a5a65.153545.112f3f415865.15253a4555

well for the serpentine part… looks like they nerfed almost all % dmg increasers buffs/debuffs.

:frowning: the more changes I see, the more CON I feel like i’ll need. Cryo might make its way back into the pvp meta at this rate. Subzero shield’s reflect looks strong :confused:

Wasnt the subzero shield reflect always there?

Dunno. It seems to reflect almost 100% of the received damage now. XD

Subzero shield was always OP. IMC needs to nerf it.

1 Like

well the other day i got hit 18k from using my dethrone on a cryo. i hope the Devs decrease the duration by a good amount.

2 Likes

Well this is no longer a PvP build if subzero shield isnt nerfed.

I thought it was just me. Did they ninja-buff the return damage at some point?

That Freeze also seems like a high rank debuff since I’ve never noticed me resisting it (even with P. Barrier on), not even once whenever it procs.

Hopefully it’s not just the damage skills that they “adjust”. CCs should be tweaked accordingly or we’re back to R7 “RIP swordsman” days again.

1 Like

They can, i resist it all the time with my murmilo but if i land a 20k headbutt subzero shield reflect way more than that.
:grin: :gun:

1 Like

I guess Murms are an exception. But damn, that reflect though.

Eart Wave and Doom Spike looks extremly bad. The deal only 33% more damage than Bash …

Bash have less cooldown, 3 overcharge haha.

Don’t even take Dragoon C2 or if you take it, don’t level Dethrone. Full 315 geared vs full 315 geared. You will do 10% of the opponent max HP (no joke, something like 4000-7000 versus 45000 HP and good defs)

Murmillo benefit from Cassis Crista :slight_smile: !

They are trying to make lower ranked skills useful. Any lower for bash and it is not worth using. DS and earth wave are much easier to land and can KB.

They are trying to make SOME lower rank skills useful and they destroy some other, even at high rank, for many classes.

Rank 6, level 15 spell, only 33% more damage than Bash with 3 overheat + 100% KD chance ?

And for exemple, Corsair, with an overpowered root can deal 2800% ? More than any other Swordsman class skill ? And when you compare what most offensive swordsman classes can do compared archer or even physical cleric, that’s ridiculous. Remember that swordman skill tree have less utility than the 3 others. We can’t only have “good HP” to compensate that.

Anything is absolutly ridiculous in term of balance lol. Cataphract on KR remember me Cataphract before his multiples burst.

1 Like

I agree with some of your points but what you said also affirms what i said about bash being pretty good now. Low cd and decent damage.

DS needs higher multiplier since it is a bit slow.

Bash multiplier is too strong compare higher level skills. Most skills from rank 2-5 are very bad or abusively strong (The hook, giant swing, etc …).

Only for swordsman : multi-hit skills are gutted under rank 6. Full-hit skills don’t even match single hit skills with less cooldown or more overheat.

That is a design shift away from multi hit skills being the meta. Pretty sure is for all classes.

Corsair multi-hit or Fencer ulti-hit skills are goods.

But impaler, the only cataphract skill doing more damage, EVERY HIT than Earth Wave and Doom Spike, that’s a big joke.

This spells are intended to give you a good sensation of strong AoE. Now, the cooldown suck (no overheat spells), the damage suck, the cast time is still here. Their is nothing logic here.

Giant swing from Barbarian C3 is the strongest skill of the entire swordsman tree ? Is that logic ? not at all.

Rush from Cataphract R6 deal pity damage with an huge cooldown, why ? For nothing.

Honestly, i just think that they try random things. Some Archer spells have 3400% ratio, buffed like +800% last patch. What are they trying ? I don’t really know but their killing most swordsman classes + the sensations of the skills.

Are you reading it correctly? Earth wave is over 400%. Its not that bad i think for a fast AoE