Tree of Savior Forum

PvP cata-goon build

IMO it should stay at lv.1 considering you have to max or nearly max your other core damaging skills (E.Wave, Doom Spike, Rush) and Trot as well. If we were given more than 45 skills points for the whole 3 circles it would have been viable to spend more points into Steed Charge and/or Impale as well.

Nevertheless, it’s a great KD tool, even easier to use than Bash in terms of targetting once you get used to it. It also has almost instant execution (after charging) and nearly with no post-skill delay compared to E.Wave and D.Spike so you can immediately followup with another skill after it.

Thanks. I think 1 point is enough anyway.

1 Like

I don’t know if it’s just me, but it seems like Pyro is breaking the game lol. They do so much damage it’s ridiculous. Wonder if it’s next on the chopping block.

Added Lv240 dungeon gameplay @ lv256.

This dungeon is pretty straightforward, but it can be tricky to kill all the mobs in 1 go. So far I’ve never able to do that lol.

The recent buffs to DEF/MDEF and cata really helped me and this build out. SW3 is definately very solid (hence it’s the meta) but I kinda feel like going all in on evasion. I loaded my penguin with evasion gear as well. Swash buckling is pretty handy in dungeons like this too.

Added Siaullai Mission gameplay @ Lv274.

I dunno if it’s just me, but it seems serpentine debuff is 10s again…if true, that just makes Dragoon c2 so much better and the revert is very much needed, since it seems dopple just got a major buff @ kToS.

An updated Siaullai Mission clear @ Lv296 to celebrate my new PvP badge ^_^:

This shows my skill rotations for a typical boss. If you time pain barrier well you can squeeze in a second serpentine before it expires, but with high evasion and proper play chances are actually pretty low you’d have your key skills be interrupted even without pain barrier.

Here are some tips for 5v5 TBL:

-beware of desync, always assume enemies are not where they actually are. It seems as long as you hit them on your screen, they will be hit even if they are not actually there.
-a good opener is to camp on your side with dethrone on the ready. If you see any rushing catas you need to fire it way before they are in melee range due to desync.
-dethrone into serpentine - dethrone is a good combo for tankier targets. Otherwise dethrone into dethrone is a safer alternative.
-any kd skill that connects can combo into serpentine - dethrone for a deadly follow-up combo.

• use 2h spear and stack block penetration when dealing with high block enemies.
  • rush is very, very good against the untwinked, and very bad against the geared unless you are also geared.
  • if you see diev3, cast trot AFTER getting ausrine.

2v2 TBL:

• a good strategy when going against SR3 with highly transcended weapons is to wait out their assault fire because they can continue to attack even if you cc them by C blocking, and then when they’re done you rush them. (thanks for the tip @Zhwan)
  • C blocking while being held immobile and unable to attack by a hunter’s coursing seems to still work to some extent.
    -The following KD combo can be executed if you notice that earth wave connects AND opponent is knocked down on the ground (works best if his/her teammate is dead so there won’t be any interruptions):
    Earth wave -> Doom Spike -> Dragon Soar -> Bash -> Dragon Thrust -> Bash -> Serpentine. No dethrone in the combo because it’s most likely on cooldown if you have to use earth wave in the first place lol.

Still exploring (testing phase):
-I think swashbuckling has a side effect in PvP to reveal cloaked targets. More research is needed on this.
-I think you can clutch block cannon shot with good timing.

New finding about swashbuckling just now. Even though swashbuckling didn’t reveal the cloaked ninja murmillo (@Sappii) tailing me, I saw his name right behind me all the time lol. So that’s pretty much good enough for me xD

1 Like

Was some crazy fun matches thoooo GG

1 Like

Added a cool KD combo to the tips section.
@Sappii

With the incoming changes to defence formula, peltasta’s C block might come in handy in PvE again. Feels like tanking might serve a purpose if mobs do more than 1 damage.

1 Like

Just checked the korean test server skill build calculator and it looks like the 16k base damage from dethrone is gone…

sigh

Seems like the emphasis is even heavier on the gear side of things now. Good thing though that there is a lv330 hunting ground so you may be able to skip solmiki/pract weapons.

One thing is for sure though:

Everything needs to be theorycrafted again.

https://tos-ktest.neet.tv/skill-planner#1113777ff.254a65.15.112f415865.152a4a55

There’s still a PvP balance patch IMC said they’re working on, that should be interesting xD.
In terms of numbers swordsman seems nerfed as of ktest 4/13/2017 but that could all change b4 we get the combat balance patch(I hope).

At the moment I want to see how well swordsman scales with CON since it’ll be based off class.
Just been hearing people speak about damage-damage-damage, STR-DEX-INT-CRIT and summons SPR. What if… we all got SUPER tanky? :thinking: my mount already gives me 5k hp w.o having the best gear on it.
If Dragoon ends up bottom tier, we might have to roll Lancer xD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RfiB9Tm5nw

we got good news bois

yeah looks like they’ll have to do something about the SP consumption rates for swordsmen, almost every swordie vid i saw was insane lol

1 Like

Even if dragoon ends up bottom tier I’ll probably still stick with it and my overall class picks. The reason is because i like the gameplay lol.

That said, i doubt a popular meta build such as catagoon will become bottom tier.

Sacmet seems more viable now with a lot of pAtk classes switching to leather set for more crit rate. :smiley:

isn’t sacmet the crappy practonium spear?

why use that instead of the hunting grounds version?

Yes. I was thinking of this:

Attack against Leather Armored Target = 726

Not really interested in sacmet tbh. I’ll probably deck my toon out in full hunting ground equip. But it will be very time consuming because ideally you’ll want ones with at least 2 sockets (not sure how many sockets they can have).

Might save my practonium that I don’t have yet for the lionhead shield.

1 Like

Sacmet will probably see more pvp use after combat changes, unless the final numbers still favor plate.

It’ll be awhile before we can really start theorycrafting anything. Will probably have to wait until after ktos gets the patch. Right now ktest looks like a drunk person walking home, gotta wait til it sobers up before we can see the potential benefits of what the changes really offer.

1 Like

Good point.

I’m cautiously optimistic about the final results. Can’t wait until we can theorycraft for real though.